ScottThuy

disparity between timelines

55 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

ASAPtickets.com

Mine will be around 1100 instead of 2k...

Scott,

Don't forget - you can ask your Congressman for assistance with your case. My understanding is that it's not usually acceptable to get them involved until your case has gone beyond the expected timeline. If you're still waiting for a year past the NOA1, I think it's safe to say you're past the expected timeline and you can ask your representative to file a status request on your behalf. You shouldn't feel shy about asking them for help.

-David

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Scott,

Don't forget - you can ask your Congressman for assistance with your case. My understanding is that it's not usually acceptable to get them involved until your case has gone beyond the expected timeline. If you're still waiting for a year past the NOA1, I think it's safe to say you're past the expected timeline and you can ask your representative to file a status request on your behalf. You shouldn't feel shy about asking them for help.

-David

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Thanks.....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Well Scott you did have the mother of all red flags (2 of them) that gets anyone denied so it shouldn't come as a surprise that you are in AP. Of course you did the front loading any and all red flag material so they can't deny you can they? Some people don't have the red flags that will place them in AP like some so they tend to get their visas in a timely manner. To start a thread just to show us how much you have been wronged is not needed. There are many others also in the same boat and we do not need everyone else to start their own so we can console them and tell them how they are being victimized.

My good friend was one of these that sent in after you and received their pink slip on the same day of interview and then the visa and have arrived in the country today. I am proud of them for their journey and her courage on coming here and leaving all she has ever known behind her to start fresh in an unknown land. I don't feel bad for their good fortune or even guilty. This thread seems to be made also to try to make the good fortunes of many to feel guilty and that is wrong.

Now we all feel bad for EVERYONE that is in AP and wish we could help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey Scott, I'm on day 655 since filing first K-1 and only recently refiled. Nothing I can do to get her paperwork moved up the line either. I have written my congressman and 2 senators and they have at least responded. I think you should as well and keep any letters they send to you maybe it will help to have this for the next interview. Hang in there you are not the only one.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

wow.gif

Well Scott you did have the mother of all red flags (2 of them) that gets anyone denied so it shouldn't come as a surprise that you are in AP. Of course you did the front loading any and all red flag material so they can't deny you can they? Some people don't have the red flags that will place them in AP like some so they tend to get their visas in a timely manner. To start a thread just to show us how much you have been wronged is not needed. There are many others also in the same boat and we do not need everyone else to start their own so we can console them and tell them how they are being victimized.

My good friend was one of these that sent in after you and received their pink slip on the same day of interview and then the visa and have arrived in the country today. I am proud of them for their journey and her courage on coming here and leaving all she has ever known behind her to start fresh in an unknown land. I don't feel bad for their good fortune or even guilty. This thread seems to be made also to try to make the good fortunes of many to feel guilty and that is wrong.

I agree, we all feel badly for EVERYONE that is in AP, and to make a post about a specific person would get us nowhere accept hundreds of posts flooding the forum. I also feel that it is strange when posts get removed with no reason, and then others get left up that really do not help anyone just a why me why me post. Everyone in AP hang in there, you are not alone, and try to stay strong, and dont do a pitty party of why me why me, it will only make the wait worse. Good luck and hopefully you will all be getting the desert you have ordered!

Edited by jeromebinh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

#######? To start a thread just to show us how much you have been wronged is not needed.?

Are you kidding me? blink.gif Are you gonna give Bob ####### too for asking why he has been in AP so long? That was so uncalled for...

This was not so much comparing my case to everyone elses.. moreover that there is not a level playing field... This aint a boo hoo hoo woes me topic... I am happy for you friend as well.... Red Flags or not, we addressed everything that they asked and the red flags as have so many others still in AP.... As many have said before.. its the luck of the draw when it comes to which CO one deals with... many like us, got a difficult CO.

As Kevin said "Worse is people that get visa with very little evidence of having a relationship, yet others with a mountain of bonafides get blue sheets, AP, or a NOID. There isn't much you can do, but jump through the hoops." The topic was directed toward the hoops that some are having to jump through... The hoop of waiting with no explanation or estimated time frame...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
eb0dfafc.gif

Round 1 (K-1)

Mar-16-09: interview (blue slip)

Mar-25-09: returned with blue slip denied, (white slip)

Jun-04-09: nvc received returned petition

Jun-08-09: nvc forwards to uscis

Jun-19-09: noa3 uscis received ( pending under review)

Sep-17-09 : touched!!!

Sep-21-09: Notice of Decesion, Expired free to file again

Round 2 (K-1)

(1st denied case received & forward dates at NVC,and 2nd refiling & noa1 at uscis are identical ....how ironic)

I-129F sent: Jun 04-09

noa1 recvd: Jun 08-09

noa2: Sep-17-09 APPROVED

noa2 Hard Copy: Sep 21-09 called CSC said not approved still pending in system (#######!!!!)

noa3 recvd: Nov 25-09 USCIS is reopening case NOA2 was issued in error.(Government Motion to Reopen)

RFE ( NOID) recvd: Dec 18-09 ask to give rebuttal on consulate finding regarding 1st petition

RFE sent: Dec 20-09 rebuttal submitted plus able to front load additional proof.

noa4 recvd: Dec 28-09 APPROVED FINALLY

NVC recvd: Jan 04-10

NVC left: Jan 12-10

Consulate Recvd: Feb 05-10

Packet 3 submitted: Feb 09-10

Packet 4 Recvd: April 16-10

Interview : May 12-10...PINK SLIP already on the table (2years 1week later)

Visa Pickup: May 28-10 In Hand!!

POE: May 29-2010 LAX

Feelinglucky Tonight

Timeline

As much time as you have spent sitting in that waiting room at the consulate.. they should sell popcorn there...

Timeline

As much time as you have spent sitting in that waiting room at the consulate.. they should sell popcorn there...

Maybe not popcorn, but a big fat hooter, help calm everyones nerves down while waiting for no response would be better!

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

ASAPtickets.com

Mine will be around 1100 instead of 2k...

Did you talk to travel agents, Scott? Or you just checked on the website, and it showed you the prices?

I was impressed at my first look on the website. When I tried to call them...the fare was not like what it showed up on the website.

For example: Depart from Chicago O'Hare to HoChiMinh City on June 1 and back on Jun 23.

ANA - around $715 on the website.

JAL - around $742

A&A - around $1041

When I talked to a travel agent (I also gave him promotional code which can save some money :whistle: ), it was around $1400-1500 (He said it was cheapest price).

I hoped I can find a ticket which ranges from $1000-$1100.... :rofl: . Anyone who can find a ticket about that range, please let me know...thanks a lot :thumbs:

Anyways Thanks Scott. :blush:

USCIS

01/25/2010 I-130 Sent

02/03/2010 I-130 NOA1 hard copy received in mail

03/19/2010 NOA2 Approved

03/22/2010 NOA2 received (email)

03/26/2010 NOA2 hard copy received in mail

Your I-130 was approved in 44 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

03/26/2010 : Case Number Assigned

03/26/2010 : E-Mails Given to NVC Operator

03/30/2010 : Received DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03/31/2010 : DS-3032 Sent by E-Mail

03/31/2010 : Paid AOS Bill Online

04/01/2010 : Received IV Bill

04/01/2010 : Paid IV Bill

04/03/2010 : DS-3032 Accepted (email received)

04/05/2010 : IV Bill and AOS Bill showed Paid (Still waiting for PCC)

04/15/2010 : AOS and Documents Sent

04/15/2010 : Return Completed DS-230 and Documents

04/21/2010 : AVR received

04/29/2010 : Log-In Failed

04/29/2010 : Case Completed at NVC

04/30/2010 : Interview Date Assigned

JUNE 16, 2010 @8:00 A.M.

Your interview took 133 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

EMBASSY

06/10/2010 : Medical Exam

06/16/2010 : Interview Date

07/02/2010 : Visa Received

07/07/2010 : POE at Chicago

Timeline

I have not called to reserve it yet... I will be so pissed if they are scammers... Calling today...

Timeline

I have not called to reserve it yet... I will be so pissed if they are scammers... Calling today...

They tried to jack them way up on me as well. protest6wz.gif The first site page says all fees included in posted prices.. and then when you search there is the astrik that says there are so many hidden fees and that the stated fee may no longer be available.. I wont pay 5k for my son and I to fly over for the summer because the consulate is draggin feet... ranting33va.gif

A couple thousand I can live with...

Sounds reasonable that having the mother of all red flags would make approval longer than those without red flags.

Also sounds reasonable that those with quick visas have more positive experiences with HCM consulate, give HCM better reviews, and

don't blame the CO. There is an overall perception that HCM is a tough consulate and out to get people, that they want reject applicants. Part of the reason is because lawyers that provide immigration services have every incentive to promote the perception, and part of the reason is because people with negative experiences post more. But the question is: is the perception true? How is it that some of us are able to provide relatively little evidence and get the visa quickly? I believe that having a clean slate (few or no red flags for both petitioner and fiance) is the single most important reason for success, as long as you meet the application requirements of course.

Edited by vietazn

Timeline

I really dont think both of us being married before is "the mother of all red flags"

Timeline

I really dont think both of us being married before is "the mother of all red flags"

I agree with you Scott, that simply being married is not "the mother of all red flags" but how long were you divorced before you both entered into this relationship? I think that is what makes it "the mother of all red flags" and then the issue with her ex husband still being registered at her house while your relationship had started. I understand you confronted all of this when you filed, but just because you frontload doesn't mean the CO will buy it, in fact with such a long time for you and being put in AP both at NVC and then in HCMC one might argue in such cases that frontloading might have brought this to their attention and have solicited unwanted attention to the fact. Just my take Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.