andreapriscilla

I'm getting crazy!!! I need some good advices!!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everybody:

I want to share my situation with all of you guys. I already have my EAD and still looking for a job and unfortunately nothing yet. :crying:

I know that our situation is difficut because of the economy but what make even more difficult for me Its that I only have experiences in the Aviation industry.

Does anyone have any suggestion?? I would really appreciate any good advice.

Thank you for your time and Good luck in your job hunting.

Priscilla.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are not the only one having hard time to get a job.There are some who've been here for two years and until now they haven't gotten one. I got my EAD last week of October and from thereon I started applying online since most of the companies/stores/organizations will tell you to apply online. Got my greencard December and until February I still have no job. I stopped looking since I am now pregnant. It's pretty hard to start new life here.Just hang in there, keep searching, do not lose hope. I hope you will be lucky to get one soon.

Hi Everybody:

I want to share my situation with all of you guys. I already have my EAD and still looking for a job and unfortunately nothing yet. :crying:

I know that our situation is difficut because of the economy but what make even more difficult for me Its that I only have experiences in the Aviation industry.

Does anyone have any suggestion?? I would really appreciate any good advice.

Thank you for your time and Good luck in your job hunting.

Priscilla.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

There are many 'aviation service areas' in and around the airport . Have you started making the list of the companies in the aviation service area around the airport ? MANY of their jobs are NOT advertised.

Once you've generated your list, go in person, resume in hand, fill out application. Do this all day, for a week, then report back here with any results.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

have you had anyone convert yer CV format 'thing' into resume` format 'thing' ??

CVs can be confusing to USA employers.

If you have any IATA ratings for gear, you should list that, as well.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

hey Priscilla - any news ? hope you gotsajob by now !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello,

Where are you located? My company is hiring both Pilots and Flight Attendants. Let me know...

Ovi

Timeline:

K-1 Visa

04/09/09 : I-129F Sent to Vermont

04/10/09 : I-129F Received by USCIS

04/14/09 : NOA1

08/19/09 : NOA2

08/24/09 : NVC Received

08/25/09 : NVC Left

08/27/09 : Consulate received

08/28/09 : Packet 3

08/31/09 : Packet 3 sent

09/16/09 : Interview - Approved

09/21/09 : Trip to Dallas

Hi guys,

I'm in aviation also. (At least used to before I got here.)

There are so many ADs pop up here and there, our industry is not done yet for sure :)

andreapriscilla,

how are the things going?

I don't know what were you doing but here in the US you probably will need to get some sort of local training, maybe for your own money first. Just as a start.

My Art and Handmade Gifts

10. 10. 2008 - sent the petition

10. 16. 2008 - NOA1

04. 10. 2009 - sent letters to senators and asked for help

04. 17. 2009 - service request

04. 20. 2009 - filled senator's form which we got from him

04. 30. 2009 - another senator called us up

05. 04. 2009 - NOA2

05. 08. 2009 - NVC

06. 16. 2009 - interview (8 months since NOA1) passed

07. 03. 2009 - leaving for Texas. Go Rangers

07. 25. 2009 - officially married

08. 28. 2009 - AOS process started

09. 08. 2009 - NOA1

09. 30. 2009 - AP approved

10. 02. 2009 - I485 was forwarded to California, yay!

10. 13. 2009 - biometrics

10. 13. 2009 - EAD production was ordered

01. 04. 2010 - AOS approved

Done till Oct 2011!

11. 11. 2011 - I 751 filed

11. 16. 2011 - NOA1

12. 16. 2011 - Biometrics

04. 16. 2012 - ROC Approved

10. 10. 2012 - N 400 filed

10. 15. 2012 - NOA1

11. 15. 2012 - Biometrics

12. 04. 2012 - In line for the interview

01. 14. 2013 - Interview

01. 25. 2013 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Try:

http://www.snagajob.com/

http://www.indeed.com

http://www.simplyhired.com

http://www.hound.com

http://www.oodle.com

Can't guarantee that they will have aviation jobs - but hopefully you can find something! I would also suggest using LinkedIn - create a profile and see if you can network with other aviation professionals in your area -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I have always thought that it is better to have a lame job than no job at all... Have you thought about working ANYWHERE? I mean Walmart, McDonald's... I know it sucks to get a degree and have to works somehwere where they don't even require a GED, but it is money you are earning. While you work in that job, just keep looking. Imagine all the money you will have missed if you just don't work at all for 5 months.

My sister is a pilot, but she's been working at a costumer service call, just because she can't find any jobs related to her field and needs money to pay her student loans.

Also... I am going to start college soon, but something I have thought about doing to have a decent job for a while is get a certification preparing Taxes. H&R Block offers a 12 week course for $99 and they will probably hire you for tax season after that. I've heard they pay pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody:

I am really sorry guys that I couldnt answer all of you before.I have been so busy recently. My husband and I moved to another city again :wacko:

I am working as a data entry operator unfortunately its not related to my career but I have to do what I have to do. I am good guys. I keep my good attitude and I know that many things are possible. I will keep trying.

OVI ------- I used to work as a Flight Attendant and also I worked as a Customer Service Agent ( Counter).If you have any good advice!! I would really appreciate.

Thank you again to all of you Guys. You are the Best!!! :)

Andrea.

Edited by andreapriscilla

Timeline

Andrea - you must realize, yes? That to find a 'local job' - we must know 'where you are'.

And yer not telling, for some reason, yes?

My recommendation, if it's feasible, would be to go to the airports and other places you're interested in working at and seeing if there are any contract companies who provide the customer service associates and other jobs - that way you can apply to them directly through the website.

I mention this, because the company I work for provides security and customer service at hospitals and airports as a contractor - and so the jobs are not actually advertised on the airport or hospital websites, but on the central corporate one. I'll PM you the name of my employer, in case you're near any of the airports they work at.

Finally, try multiple avenues of job search - online, newspapers, in person etc, that way you can spread the net wider and improve your chances.

Best of luck in your job search!

Married to my USC Spouse in the UK 08/17/2006

Entered the US with my CR1 on 09/25/2007

Mailed I-751 application on 07/14/2009 to CSC

I-751 package arrived at CSC on 07/16/2009

Check cashed on 07/20/2009

NOA1 Dated 07/16/2009

Biometrics Appointment 08/21/2009

Touched 08/24/2009

APPROVED 09/14/2009

Card Production Ordered 09/22/2009

Card arrived in the mail 09/28/2009

US Citizen as of 10/20/2010!

*IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING IN SECURITY/LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY IN THE USA, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR INFO*

Timeline

Ya, if wanting 'airline industry' job - best and fastest way to 'search' is to go the local 'airport district', resumes/cv's in hand, and do walk ups, also finding out if there is 'national hiring process' as well. Going in person is important, but even if ya don't get through the front door, is ok, as well, as at least ya discover the name of the company, and with a bit of electronic legwork in front of a computer, can get phone numbers, HR contacts, CV submittal instructions.

But for Andrea(s?) case - never mentioned WHERE he/she was, or what type of work, exactly. Obviously a job governing 'plane handling' totally different in scope than 'steward/ess'. Obviously a job at the Hoboken Airport totally different, in approach to getting hired, than a job at DFW or IAH.

Location is important, type of work is important, to answer this question specifically. Not having that info ? All I can do is generalise (and it shows). I Work in The Aviation Industry - geez..

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.