elus

Adjustment of status affidavit of support I-864

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am have a question .I have filled the adjustment of status forms already but one is left behind which is the affidavit of support.My wife is a USC self employed.she earn $52,000 per year as her annual income but after deduction it falls back to $23,000.In In her federal tax report of 2009 it shows 52,00o and later than the list after her expenses such as her office lease,some kind of deductions it falls to 23,000.My question is, is she capable of being the only support.

What do they use the annual income or the gross income after the deductions.

Please I need your kind opinions

What do they use the annual income or the gross income after the deductions.

For most folks - the amount on Line 22 on her income tax return is the number to be used.

less I forget,do I have to send the i-485 and i-130 on the same package but with different checks?? Do I have to send it to the same address?? if yes can somebody send me the address.

Two fees/checks. No shared evidence/supporting-documents either.

Follow the details outlined HERE for best practices (I'm assuming you're both living here in the US currently).

For most folks - the amount on Line 22 on her income tax return is the number to be used.

Two fees/checks. No shared evidence/supporting-documents either.

Follow the details outlined HERE for best practices (I'm assuming you're both living here in the US currently).

yeah we are both living in the US,we just got married last week.You are right when I look at line 22 it was $23,000 that was there.I presummed this is not enough.What do I do.Do we have to get a co-sponsor.If yes does the co-sponsor has to fill the form i-864 on her own too.Also my wife has a house on her own but she is still paying for it and it worths like $120,000 and she has paid like $22,000 out of it.

Please let me know the best for me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

What about adding Assets?

"Assets may supplement income if the consular or immigrationofficer is convinced that the monetary value of the asset couldreasonably be made available to support the sponsoredimmigrant and converted to cash within one year without undue harm to the sponsor or his or her family members. Youmay not include an automobile unless you show that you ownat least one working automobile that you have not included."

"You may include the net value of your home as an asset. Thenet value of the home is the appraised value of the home,minus the sum of any and all loans secured by a mortgage,trust deed, or other lien on the home. If you wish to includethe net value of your home, this, you must includedocumentation demonstrating that you own it, a recentappraisal by a licensed appraiser, and evidence of the amountof any and all loans secured by a mortgage, trust deed, orother lien on the home. You may not include the net value anautomobile unless you show that you have more than oneautomobile, and at least one automobile is not included as an asset."

There is a section about being self-employed.. so I'd read up on that too. Hope it works for you!

AOS (from VWP)Application Removal of Conditions Timeline Naturalization Timeline
12/28/2009 Sent I-130,I-485,I-765 02/25/2012 Sent out I-751 via USPS to VSC 01/15/2013 Sent out N-400 via USPS to Dallas, TX
03/24/2010 AOS Interview APPROVED!!! 10/24/2012 RFE 04/03/2013 Naturalization Interview - Passed!
04/05/2010 Greencard arrived!! 01/03/2013 Approved! Card production ordered! 05/15/2013 Oath Ceremony - Kyle is a US Citizen!

***Detailed time line in my About Me page***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

yeah we are both living in the US,we just got married last week.You are right when I look at line 22 it was $23,000 that was there.I presummed this is not enough.What do I do.Do we have to get a co-sponsor.If yes does the co-sponsor has to fill the form i-864 on her own too.Also my wife has a house on her own but she is still paying for it and it worths like $120,000 and she has paid like $22,000 out of it.

Please let me know the best for me.

How many people in your household? If it's just you and your wife then $23,000 is enough as the level they need is 125% of the poverty guidelines which is $18,212 for a 2 person household.

How many people in your household? If it's just you and your wife then $23,000 is enough as the level they need is 125% of the poverty guidelines which is $18,212 for a 2 person household.

the household size is 4,i guess the poverty guide line is about $27,000,we have decided to use her house and net is far more than the 3 x the difference between household income and the poverty guideline income.Thanks very much

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

the household size is 4,i guess the poverty guide line is about $27,000,we have decided to use her house and net is far more than the 3 x the difference between household income and the poverty guideline income.Thanks very much

if i have a sponsor who earns over 114k A YEAR should i even send in my tax information i am uneployed

It always about the Gross Income. Even if you make a $52000 a year and your taxable income after deductions and exemptions is $0, you are still considered capable of providing for a family of 4.

04/02/2010: AOS I-130, I-485 and I-765 mailed by UPS 2nd Day Air

04/06/2010: Delivered, Signed by Chiba (Day 1)

04/13/2010: Checks cashed, NOAs received via email and text (Day 7)

04/19/2010: Hard NOAs for I-130, I-485 and I-765 received (Day 13)

04/23/2010: Biometrics Appointment received (Day 17)

05/04/2010: RFE for I-864 received (Day 28)

05/06/2010: RFE for I-864 mailed back (Day 30)

05/12/2010: Case processing resumed (Day 36)

05/14/2010: Biometrics Appointment, I-485 and I-765 touched (Day 38)

05/17/2010: I-485 and I-765 touched (Day 41)

06/08/2010: EAD card production ordered (Day 63)

06/19/2010: EAD card received (Day 74)

07/02/2010: Interview letter received (Day 87)

08/04/2010: Interview (Day 120)==> Approved!!. Card Production Ordered text received

08/21/2010: Greencard received (Day 137)

Eligible for ROC: 05/04/2012

Eligible for Naturalization: 08/04/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.