mimic02

AOS stoke interview in our initial interview????

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Me and my wife just had an interview this morning. (initial interview)

The IO called me on time and went to her office. She reviewed all the forms and evidences we submitted. We had BUNCH of evidences in our file. After checking all the forms. She asked me when did we meet and how, How did we get married and how long we've been together. I answered everything. Then after, she asked if we have more documents. She asked if I have the recent bank accounts statements and I gave her, our recent joint credit cards statements. Then she looked at my original birth certificate and marriage certificate and compared to the one we submitted. Then she looked at our photo album. We only had 65 photos in our album. After checking everything she asked me to go out in the room and wait for 10 to 15 mins because she would ask some basic questions for my wife. I was confident during the interview not until she told me to go out. Ive waited for like 15 mins and then she called me then my wife came out. She asked alot of questions from how many bedrooms we have, how did we meet, what color is our curtain in the room etc. After I answered everything she returned all our ID's and took my I-94 and told me that she will review my file then she printed a paper asking me to send copy of pictures since we were dating. Then she walked me out in the room and she didnt say if we passed or failed in the interview. Then when I talked to my wife there are 3 questions that our answers didnt match.:(((

QUESTIONS:

1. do the officer will tell u if u passed or failed in stoke interview? I thought stoke interview only happens if u failed in the initial interview? is there a passing grade or score in the stoke interview?

2. When I asked her why she tooked my I-94, she just told me she will keep it since I am overstay my visa. Is it really like that?

3. She returned my EAD. I thought they will get EAD after interview?

4. Im wondering why 65 photos are not enough, she told me to send pictures since we were dating. What if we dont have enough pictures 2 years ago?

5. After we send those pictures, what do u think is our chances?

Edited by mimic02

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Me and my wife just had an interview this morning. (initial interview)

The IO called me on time and went to her office. She reviewed all the forms and evidences we submitted. We had BUNCH of evidences in our file. After checking all the forms. She asked me when did we meet and how, How did we get married and how long we've been together. I answered everything. Then after, she asked if we have more documents. She asked if I have the recent bank accounts statements and I gave her, our recent joint credit cards statements. Then she looked at my original birth certificate and marriage certificate and compared to the one we submitted. Then she looked at our photo album. We only had 65 photos in our album. After checking everything she asked me to go out in the room and wait for 10 to 15 mins because she would ask some basic questions for my wife. I was confident during the interview not until she told me to go out. Ive waited for like 15 mins and then she called me then my wife came out. She asked alot of questions from how many bedrooms we have, how did we meet, what color is our curtain in the room etc. After I answered everything she returned all our ID's and took my I-94 and told me that she will review my file then she printed a paper asking me to send copy of pictures since we were dating. Then she walked me out in the room and she didnt say if we passed or failed in the interview. Then when I talked to my wife there are 3 questions that our answers didnt match.:(((

QUESTIONS:

1. do the officer will tell u if u passed or failed in stoke interview? I thought stoke interview only happens if u failed in the initial interview? is there a passing grade or score in the stoke interview?

2. When I asked her why she tooked my I-94, she just told me she will keep it since I am overstay my visa. Is it really like that?

3. She returned my EAD. I thought they will get EAD after interview?

4. Im wondering why 65 photos are not enough, she told me to send pictures since we were dating. What if we dont have enough pictures 2 years ago?

5. After we send those pictures, what do u think is our chances?

First of all that wasn't a stoke interview. They practice this at regular interviews. Stoke interview is usually the second interview and they let you know if it stoke.

The IO will probably have someone else look at your case. And if they will still have doubts you can be called for the second one.And if it would be stoke, it will say in the letter.

Lately they always take I-94. It doesn't mean anything as even if you will go under deportation, you still will have to give it away. And if you will go to the judge, they will have your case in a folder with an I-94.

I think 65 photos are not enough for 2 years. I have over 600 just in albums , not talking about hard drive.

She gave you EAD , so you will probably have second interview.

Don't worry about it. If you guys are really love each other and are truly married, you will go through this. They are psychologists and they can tell if you are real. I wish you all the best and collect more evidence for the next time. :star:

What answers did you get wrong? An important ones (like names and addresses) or silly ones (like colors of towels) ?

Some offices do Stokes interviews to all the applicants on a regular basis, some dont. May I ask where was the interview? You say you had a "bunch" evidence of bonafide marriage. What exactly did you submit? I feel the IO was not satisfied with just the bank statement and joint credit cards.

Answering 3 questions incorrely means automatic failure. However, you were given an opportunity to submit photographs from the courtship period. I dont understand why 65 photos are not enough, but anyhow you have to dig up some more.

The outcome of your case could be approval if you submit the requested photos or probably another Stokes interview.

In either case, good luck.

04/02/2010: AOS I-130, I-485 and I-765 mailed by UPS 2nd Day Air

04/06/2010: Delivered, Signed by Chiba (Day 1)

04/13/2010: Checks cashed, NOAs received via email and text (Day 7)

04/19/2010: Hard NOAs for I-130, I-485 and I-765 received (Day 13)

04/23/2010: Biometrics Appointment received (Day 17)

05/04/2010: RFE for I-864 received (Day 28)

05/06/2010: RFE for I-864 mailed back (Day 30)

05/12/2010: Case processing resumed (Day 36)

05/14/2010: Biometrics Appointment, I-485 and I-765 touched (Day 38)

05/17/2010: I-485 and I-765 touched (Day 41)

06/08/2010: EAD card production ordered (Day 63)

06/19/2010: EAD card received (Day 74)

07/02/2010: Interview letter received (Day 87)

08/04/2010: Interview (Day 120)==> Approved!!. Card Production Ordered text received

08/21/2010: Greencard received (Day 137)

Eligible for ROC: 05/04/2012

Eligible for Naturalization: 08/04/2013

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I think 65 photos are not enough for 2 years. I have over 600 just in albums , not talking about hard drive.

Just to add my two cents. Not everyone is the "picture taking" kind. Heck, we just now started taking pictured on a regular basis, after 3 years ish. And only because of the AoS. We don't really go out, so we don't really take pictures of events and such... and heck, most of the pictures we DO take are of our dogs. :lol:

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Timeline

Just to add my two cents. Not everyone is the "picture taking" kind. Heck, we just now started taking pictured on a regular basis, after 3 years ish. And only because of the AoS. We don't really go out, so we don't really take pictures of events and such... and heck, most of the pictures we DO take are of our dogs. :lol:

Yeah I read about a couple who had 2 pictures from the wedding. May be it depends on a person, you are right. As for me there are always someone around snapping pictures... friends, family... on cameras, on cell phones. :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I agree with Kittyfang. Not every couple is a picture taking couple especially if it was a small wedding ceremony or a relationship where there wasn't enough time or events that one actually cared to capture. But its strong evidence and does make a difference during interviews. Our IO didn't really care much for the small but diverse collection of pictures that we had taken with us. Even the picture quality wasn't that great. He even said so. He took out two pictures from the album. One, of our wedding day and one of some other event where we had a close-up.

I know for a fact that If we had been seperated, half of my questions wouldn't have matched. Hell, just a few days ago, The Census guys showed up and I didn't even remember my wife's Birth date. I even had to confirm my daughters Birthday. Not knowing my wife's Tooth brush color doesn't mean I don't have a real relationship. Not knowing these things affirm that my marriage is legit :) But there are certain questions like how many bedrooms, wall hangings, and whether your in-laws are alive or live with you or not, for example, if not matching, would definitely raise red flags. From what you posted, I think should be safe.

Good Luck.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

At our interview I brought an album that included about 65 pictures too and everything was fine. The officer never told me they wouldn't be enough. But some of them were taken when we were dating and I arranged them in chronological order. I remember the first page of our album had 2 pics of our apartment complex where we were living at that time (before and after the wedding). The second page had pics taken when I met my husband's parents. I organized them in such a way that helped me tell the IO our story until present. I even included pics with our cat, because she is part of our family!

Mimic02-maybe the evidence that you brought in was not enough or satisfactory and that's why you have been separated. Believe me, the number of pictures is irrelevant. There must be something else that raised a flag to the IO and he/she couldn't make a decision about your case. Giving answers that don't match might not work in your favor, but what kind of questions did you answer differently?

I wish you good luck!

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We supplied maybe 10 pictures plus our wedding album (maybe 30-40 pics). We've been together 7 years and have thousands of photos, but thought that we would be okay with pics that were diverse that spanned years and were taken in very different locations (with easily recognizable landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and Big Ben). That showed we traveled several times together and have been together for a long time. We initially had about 1,000 photos to show, but our lawyer narrowed it down and said we didn't need that many and it wouldn't help us. So, like others have said, I don't think the photos are the only issue here - there must have been something else that raised a red flag (or the IO was just having a bad day). Good luck!

AOS (from tourist w/overstay)

1/26/10 - NOA

5/04/10 - interview appt - approved

ROC

2/06/12 - NOA date

7/31/12 - card production ordered

N-400

2/08/13 - NOA date

3/05/13 - biometrics appt

6/18/13 - interview - passed!

7/18/13 - oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

I sent about 16 photos, I believe, and I wasn't planning to bring a whole lot more to the interview. I sent no photos of before we were married, and we lost all our photos of our marriage when the computer crashed. We went to the equivalent of the justice of peace in Thailand, and it was just the two of us.

However, the photos I sent were of my husband and my dad from 5 years ago, a photo of a professional photo hanging in my parents' house of my entire family with my husband in the center, a picture of my husband and several family members at lunch after our daughter's Christening, pictures of me and our daughter with his family in Africa, etc.

I felt like the fact that we've been together for 8 years and married over 5 years, have a daughter born in the second year of our marriage, lived together in a third country, and did not immigrate right away should be pretty good proof that this is not a fraud marriage. I guess I can only hope that the IO will recognize this. I do plan to bring a few affidavits from family members to the interview, and a lease from my apartment building. They've agreed to add my husband even though he doesn't have an ssn and is only here on a tourist that expires before the lease will begin.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Stoke Interviews are much much longer, ie an hour for each of you, and your answers are recorded.

Can you tell us what 3 questions had different answers?

If its a question like: Have you ever met his/her siblings, and you messed that up then that's a big deal.

But if they were questions like: What did your spouse have to drink last night, then that's much less of a big deal.

If you are called in for a true stokes interview in the future, remember the Golden Rule: If you aren't 100% sure you know the correct answer, then say that you can not remember. Never guess.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

We only had 27 pics for 9 yrs relationship, and there was only one pic that my wife was with my family, and there was none that I am with her family.

However IO didn't even see one pic. As far as I understand, she was very satisfied with story of 9 yrs relationship that I explained, (how and where we met, how we kept relationship, and when and how I proposed etc...) plus we have not had wedding crememony yet.

It is all up to IOs, we could have got red flag if IO were someone else.

Sorry to hear about your story, but we all hope that you will get approval soon.

02/27/2010 - Package was mailed out by USPS Next Day

03/01/2010 - Package was delivered (Day 1)

03/09/2010 - checks were cashed (Day 8)

03/12/2010 - Recieved all 3 NOAs (Day 11)

03/13/2010 - All touched (Day12)

03/20/2010 - Biometric letter received (appt on 03/31/2010)(Day 19)

03/22/2010 - Early Bio walk in (Day 21)

03/31/2010 - Original Appoitment Date for Bio (Day 30)

04/02/2010 - Received a letter for interview, scheduled on May 5 (Day 32)

04/23/2010 - Touched on I-130 and I-485 (Day 53)

05/05/2010 - Interview and "APPROVED" (Day 65)

05/05/2010 - "Touched" on I-130 (Card Production ordered)(Day 65)

05/05/2010 - "Touched" on I-485 (Still at "Initial Review") (Day 65)

05/06/2010 - "Touched" on I-765 (Card Production ordered)(Day 66)

05/06/2010 - "Touched" on I-130 (Card Production ordered, again) (Day 66)

05/10/2010 - "Touched" on I-485 (Still at "Initial Review, again) (Day 66)

05/10/2010 - Received "Welcome Letter" (Day 70)

05/11/2010 - Recieved "Approved onI-130 letter" (Day 71)

Filed: Timeline

out of many questions she asked the 3 questions that we think we didnt match are:

1. What day is the garbage collection- she answered Tuesday and I answered I cant remember what day because I'm not the one putting the garbage outside.

2. Do u have alarm at home?- she answered YES and I answered I dont know.I dont know how it works. Im not sure coz we're not the owner of the house.

3. How's ur mailbox look like, does it have keys? she answered mailbox with lock and I answered just a regular mailbox on the wall.

After she asked me she didnt say anything except that I have to wait for the letter to print out and handed to me. The letter was asking me to send copy of pictures since we were dating 2 years ago.

By the way, during application process we send in:

1.Bank statements

2.Income Tax return for 2009

3.Credit cards statements (joint)

4.Telephone bill on our names

5.Cellphone bill on our names

6.Health insurance

7.Life insurance

8.Costco membership

9.12 pcs of photos

During our interview she asked the latest bank statements and credit cards statements and she took it.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

out of many questions she asked the 3 questions that we think we didnt match are:

1. What day is the garbage collection- she answered Tuesday and I answered I cant remember what day because I'm not the one putting the garbage outside.

2. Do u have alarm at home?- she answered YES and I answered I dont know.I dont know how it works. Im not sure coz we're not the owner of the house.

3. How's ur mailbox look like, does it have keys? she answered mailbox with lock and I answered just a regular mailbox on the wall.

After she asked me she didnt say anything except that I have to wait for the letter to print out and handed to me. The letter was asking me to send copy of pictures since we were dating 2 years ago.

1.Bank statements

6.Health insurance

7.Life insurance

8.Costco membership

9.12 pcs of photos

During our interview she asked the latest bank statements and credit cards statements and she took it.

Don't worry yourself yet then. Those were very minor questions, and you did the right thing by saying you didn't know.

Did you submit any evidence of a joint lease, house deed or an affidavit describing the living arrangements? I guess it doesnt matter now since the IO requested pictures.

04/02/2010: AOS I-130, I-485 and I-765 mailed by UPS 2nd Day Air

04/06/2010: Delivered, Signed by Chiba (Day 1)

04/13/2010: Checks cashed, NOAs received via email and text (Day 7)

04/19/2010: Hard NOAs for I-130, I-485 and I-765 received (Day 13)

04/23/2010: Biometrics Appointment received (Day 17)

05/04/2010: RFE for I-864 received (Day 28)

05/06/2010: RFE for I-864 mailed back (Day 30)

05/12/2010: Case processing resumed (Day 36)

05/14/2010: Biometrics Appointment, I-485 and I-765 touched (Day 38)

05/17/2010: I-485 and I-765 touched (Day 41)

06/08/2010: EAD card production ordered (Day 63)

06/19/2010: EAD card received (Day 74)

07/02/2010: Interview letter received (Day 87)

08/04/2010: Interview (Day 120)==> Approved!!. Card Production Ordered text received

08/21/2010: Greencard received (Day 137)

Eligible for ROC: 05/04/2012

Eligible for Naturalization: 08/04/2013

Timeline

1.Bank statements

6.Health insurance

7.Life insurance

8.Costco membership

9.12 pcs of photos

You definitely have nothing to worry about. You provided a lot of evidence and the wrong questions were silly.

Probably IO didn't like the color of your shirt.

Do you have any pictures from 2 years ago?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.