emilyjane13

Support documents

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Okay so I have an interview on the 18th of may (YAY)

But i didn't send any of the supporting documents for the affidavit of support.

I have:

Bank statement

letter from bank

Letter on employment

3 pay stubs

tax return for 2010

Anything else I'll need from my fiance?

I'm so nervous :(

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I have:

Bank statement

letter from bank

Letter on employment

3 pay stubs

tax return for 2010

Hey,

So I am assuming you are the foreign beneficiary.But could not get what you meant by the statement in bold.

So your fiance has sent you most of the required supporting documents.Do check in the Australia forum for more consulate specific answers however.SOme consulates want to see last 3 year's tax transcripts.

And unless you mean a IRS tax transcript by 2010 tax return,then you also need your fiance's W2 to support the form 1040.

Everything else looks good to me.Good Luck! :thumbs:

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

what's a w2?

There are a variety of forms that people receive in the US for tax purposes. W2's are provided by employers to their employees. They contain information about the wages and tax withholding of the employee. The employer usually provides three or four copies of the W2. If the employee files a paper tax return (rather than filing electronically) then they have to include one of the W2 copies with the US federal tax return, and another with the tax return they send to their state's tax authority.

There may also be other documents a taxpayer is required to include with their tax return. It depends on the circumstances for each taxpayer.

When you submit a copy of a paper tax return for an affidavit of support (as opposed to a transcript from the IRS) you must also include any supporting documents which would have also been submitted to the IRS with the return. If your fiance received any W2's from employers, he needs to send copies of those to you.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have:

Bank statement

letter from bank

Letter on employment

3 pay stubs

tax return for 2010

As stated by John, things are very country specific so the tax information is irrelevant to the US Consulate in Australia.

When you got your interview letter, did it have the box ticked (well with an [X] actually) to indicate that you needed to take information for the I-134? It can't hurt to take it just in case but you will not need tax returns that other people described. You will only need the letter from bank and employer, that's all Australia requires but as you HAVE the 2010 tax return it can't hurt to take it "just in case".

You won't need anything else from your fiance as long as you actually sent in the I-134 itself with his signature. As for the rest of the information you should take, you should take some relationship evidence like photos, phone logs, chat logs. Stuff like that. Also take a copy of EVERYTHING you've already submitted just in case they've lost a copy of something. It's likely they won't even look at your relationship evidence (didn't for me and a few other Aussies).

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll be fine :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.