Together4ever

Oh my gosh, say a prayer...

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Moh's going to the Embassy tomorrow. He has no appointment. The Embassy hasn't replied to my now 4 emails. He said he won't wait anymore. He will tell the man at the gate he was called to come to give his fingerprints so he's there to do it and that's that.

I tried to talk him out of it. He won't hear of it. He can't sit and wait anymore. I don't blame him. I just hope they actually let him in. I doubt they will. He swears to me a guy who was there in line behind him the day of his interview did the same thing and got in without an appointment. We'll see.

I'm feeling a bit nervous. Do you think they'll let him in or just laugh?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I dont know if they will let him in or not .. but that doesn't sound like a good thing to do .. not an impression he wants to give the US Embassy. In my oppinion

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm pretty sure they'll let him in. My husband was told to go in without any letters or anything when he had an interview but only I got the letters (twice). Don't think anybody'll laugh at him. Can't guarantee what happens, but hopefully he'll find out something and it'll be something good, inshallah. I'll pray as always.

Tanya

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

With all the miscommunicating and imperfections in the system as it is, I cant see the guards laughing at him. This probably does happen to some people but still, thats a pretty balsy thing to do... I don't think I would try to talk him out of it while he is feeling confident. Since it will be him facing the guards in the morning, I would follow his guts on this one. If he starts expressing any fears or second thoughts on it, thats when I would tell him its a little crazy. As long as he feels good about the move, support him on it.....and how cool if this works!!!

I'll be looking forward to an update

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Who knows, they may take him in.

We had a "situation" with our interview. We had horrendous issues turning in our packet, returns, harsh emails sent by me, and they scheduled him an interview via email. He showed up at the gate, no record other than the email print out and no one there knew that he was suppose to have an interview. He was firm with them that he was in fact going to be interviewed that day, so eventually they got around to it.

inshaAllah it will work.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

thats right he is the boss

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

I'm hoping he does get in. He needs this boost to his self esteem. He'll feel like he's conquered something, like he's got some kind of control back and I think he's sorely needing it.

Oh well, I'll probably find 4 email replies from the Embassy in the morning now. You know how it goes. Ain't Egypt FUNNNNNNNNNN? :D:huh:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think it is perfectly ok for him to go and try. The worst they can tell him is no. The best case scenario is that he gets the prints done and you are a day closer to him getting the visa. Like you said, at least this gives him back some power and he can feel like he has done all that he could.

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Good luck hopefully this situation can be solved soon....I hope we don't have as much trouble with them in the future!

Don't let this scare you. I shouldn't be slamming Cairo Embassy, really. I'm just very frustrated. There is one thing I've learned all these months watching the cases go by, you just can't compare cases. Each one is unique and handled as such. What happens to me may not happen to you. We've watched some people's cases move quickly and others sit and sit in "processing". They have their reasons and they are not communicated to us which is what makes it sooooo darn frustrating.

Take my ranting with a grain of salt. It's been 11 months since I sent my I-129F. My patience is just wearing out. One day at a time...

He will tell the man at the gate that he was called in to get his fingerprints done, that he's there to do them and that's that.

Has anyone praising, wishing good luck to and supporting the OP's fiance realized he's going to LIE?

Edited by dmartmar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.