Obama 2012

Congress' Newest Reform Bill: Federal Women's Restrooms

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is holding hearings Wednesday on the "Potty Parity Act," a bill that seeks to address the shoddy restroom facilities for women in federal buildings.

Men may still be left holding their peanuts at the ballpark while waiting for their dates in the ladies room, but a House panel on Wednesday was considering whether to rectify the disparity in wait times for the loo in federal buildings.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is holding hearings Wednesday on the "Potty Parity Act," a bill that seeks to address the shoddy restroom facilities for women in federal buildings.

"A lot of times people, when I dealt with this bill called it 'potty parity.' They made jokes," said Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., in his testimony at the hearing. "The fact is, it's not a joke. Not only is it not a joke to women, it's not a joke to men who go with the women who have to wait while their standing in line. It's also politically very popular. It's the right thing to do and it's catching up with the cultural lag in our society."

The bill would require any federal building constructed for public use to have similar toilets in women's and men's restrooms.

"Today, women still lack equal access to restrooms in many places of employment, education, and recreation," said Rep. Edolphus Towns, D-N.Y., chairman of the committee who authored the legislation.

"The fact that many federal buildings do not provide as many restroom facilities for women as they do for men is simply unfair," he said in his opening remarks. "It's time for that to change."

The bill is being co-sponsored by Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., the ranking member on the panel.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/11/congress-examine-restroom-inequalities-federal-buildings/

:blink:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Timeline

I don't see what the problem is. Of course, I don't quite understand why womens lines are longer. Do they really have smaller bathrooms? Or are they slower? Or do they prance around naked for each other and occasionally break out into orgy? What's the dillio?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't see what the problem is. Of course, I don't quite understand why womens lines are longer. Do they really have smaller bathrooms? Or are they slower? Or do they prance around naked for each other and occasionally break out into orgy? What's the dillio?

something tells me mascara and lipstick are partial causes.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

That reminds me of the stationmaster's office in Grand Central Terminal in New York City.

They used to have both mens & ladies rooms there, but the last time I went I had to go

to the lower level because they converted the mens room to a ladies room (by popular demand?).

Who needs a men's room when you can have 2 ladies rooms?wacko.gif

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The bill would require any federal building constructed for public use to have similar toilets in women's and men's restrooms.

urinal.jpg

here ya go, gals. enjoy!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

They do actually, but thats another story. :lol:

Rob recollecting from experience of course. What else can you tell us about these toilets?

hump.gif

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Rob recollecting from experience of course. What else can you tell us about these toilets?

hump.gif

Don't be mad that I exposed your meetup spot where you and your boyfriend like to get a little George Michael action going. Silly poof.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

Yeah. The problem is that there might be 5 or 6 urinals and 1 or 2 toilets in a men's room, but only 4 or 5 toilets in a women's room. That means you can have 6 to 8 men peeing at the same time, while in the next room, only 4 or 5 women can be peeing at the same time. Then, take into account that every time a woman pees, she has to close the stall door, pull down more clothes than a man does before she can even start the urine release process, and then she has to wipe when she's done often having to ask the woman in the next stall if there is any paper or dig in her purse for some tissue, while men only have to whip it out and pee, no wiping involved. Also, women usually have to drag the kids along and help them pee, while the men just stand around and wait. And to really get graphic, there are other things women often have to do while sitting on the toilet that a man would cry if he had to do.

And I've read that more men than women skip the sink after peeing.

Regardless, I think we have other problems we need to worry about at this moment in time.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

I'm a woman, and even I don't understand this sometimes. It's not really about standing in front of the mirror, it's a good amount of time spent in the stall. I do all the things that other women have to do in bathroom stalls, and it doesn't take me 15 minutes.

24q38dy.jpg