Roy Hare

How To: get my filipina's visa approved, already been denied once

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What is your ultimate goal here? To live in Japan, or to live in the United States? It's not entirely clear, and without that information we can't help. Please advise.

If you want to get married and live in the United States, we need to know why the K-1 was denied. I very much doubt they simply verbally told your fiancee she failed her interview without giving her some documentation; make very sure there were no papers handed to her before she left the Consulate. If she indeed did not receive any denial paperwork, file a FOIA request as suggested above. The documentation has to be somewhere, and that documentation contains the reasons for denial that you need to address.

If you want to get married in Japan and move to the US, you can't go the K-1 route since after you're married, you'll no longer be fiancees, you'll be spouses, and thus you will be ineligible to obtain or use the K-1 visa. You'll need to get a CR-1 immigrant visa in that case. I'm not sure if Japan has restrictions on getting married in their country, you'll have to investigate (though as long as you're not staying, you may be able to get married on a Japanese visitor's visa).

If you want to remain in Japan and bring her there, you shouldn't be talking to USCIS, you should be talking to the Immigration Bureau of Japan, though if you're not already a permanent resident or citizen of Japan, you may not be eligible to petition for your wife to live in Japan. Since this forum is concerned with immigration to the United States, we likely won't be much help if this is your intention.

I-129F / K-1 / AOS:

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview in Montreal - VISA GRANTED!

2009-11-21: POE - Moved to be with my fiancee :)

2010-01-23: Married!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

2010-04-30: Received Green Card

ROC:

2012-03-12: Sent I-751 package to VSC

2012-03-13: I-751 package arrived at VSC (Hi D. Renaud!)

2012-03-14: NOA1

2012-03-15: I-751 check cashed

2012-03-19: Received NOA1

2012-03-27: Received biometrics appt. notice for 2012-04-19 in Buffalo

2012-04-09: Successful early walk-in biometrics at Cleveland ASC

2012-12-04: I-751 APPROVED / 10 YR GC PRODUCTION ORDERED!

Naturalization:

2015-11-30: Here we go again: Filling out the N-400

2015-12-21: Sent N-400 to Phoenix AZ Lockbox

2015-12-23: NOA Date

2016-01-20: Biometrics in Cleveland

2016-01-25: In-line for interview

2016-01-25: Interview scheduled!

2016-01-29: Received interview letter! Scheduled for...

2016-02-29: Interview in Cleveland - APPROVED!

2016-03-18: Naturalization ceremony in Cleveland! I am a US Citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think he`s saying she was denied a visa for Japan not a K1, am i right?

If that's the case, it's completely obscure in this and the other topic the OP posted. In his other thread, he's asking for a help with a K1, but in this thread he's saying he wants his fiancee to join him in Japan. A K1 isn't going to help get his fiancee to Japan.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

If that's the case, it's completely obscure in this and the other topic the OP posted. In his other thread, he's asking for a help with a K1, but in this thread he's saying he wants his fiancee to join him in Japan. A K1 isn't going to help get his fiancee to Japan.

I know, i thought it was K1 too but this is one of his posts that confused me:

"I'm trying to get married in japan cause this is where i'll be stationed for the next 3 years, were not trying to get a visa for the u.s. were trying to get a visa for japan, once she gets here i know what to do but its getting her here thats the issue "

I guess he`ll be back to let us know!:)

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

plus, when she was denied the visa she didnt get a 221g; from what i learned here , if it was a K1 she should have gotten one.

I dont know ,i`m just speculating :)

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

OP is in the military and stationed in Japan so the situation is different from a normal K1 process.

To the OP, call the USCIS military helpline at 1-877-CIS-4MIL and ask what applies to you and fiancee in this situation.

Getting a visa for a fiancee under SOFA Status in Japan is really hard this days, the embassy won't disclose anything about the denial of your fiancees' visa. I was denied once back in 2007 when i was still the fiancee of my husband,I had a good job back then but still they denied my application. So the only option we gt was him to file for a short leave to come in the Pi (he was scheduled for a deployment that month also)and get married. We gt married so quick, that we even don't know our sponsor. (kinuha lang namin sa mayor's office) hehehe. Good thing that i had a friend who work at the mayor's office and finish all the paperworks(mc) before my husband leaves again back in Oki.

When i gt my marriage certificate and apply for a visa in Japan, it was approve in 2 days and i didn't have any interview at all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, this is weird - if a K-1, and was denied, would have gotten at least 1 piece o paper. Maybe she applied for tourist visa, instead?

I'm still not convinced it was done at the US Embassy-Manila.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.