CATHYlovesRICK

Where are our Papers???

22 posts in this topic

Why is it that our Re affirmed NOA2 is dated April 6 but when we try calling NVC again and again they keep on saying its still in USCIS???But we have a MNL case number already??Should we wait a little more???Should we call USCIS???Should we ask an assistance to his Local congressman. I told him about this but he think I’m just crazy that we can ask help from his Congresswoman,I’m so stressed out! :( What is the best thing to do...? :help:

K1 JOURNEY

September 14, 2009 – NOA 1

December 17, 2009 – NOA 2(APPROVAL NOTICE)

January 6,2010 – NVC ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL REVIEW,RETURNED OUR PETITION TO USCIS

March 3, 2010 – REOPENED AND RECONSIDERED

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

APRIL 3, 2010 – REAFFIRMED(APPROVED)

APRIL 12, 2010 – CALLED NVC, CASE NO.ASSIGNED

APRIL 30, 2010 - CALLED NVC AGAIN, THEY SAID OUR PAPERS ARE STILL IN USCIS:(

JUNE 18, 2010 - FINALLY, NVC SENT OUR PAPERS TO MANILA

JUNE 25, 2010 - EMBASSY HAVE THE ELECTRONIC COPY

JULY 6 and 7 2010 - MEDICAL(PASSED^_^)

JULY 12, 2010 - INTERVIEW (PASSED)THANK YOU GOD!!!

JULY 21, 2009 - POE(SAN FRANCISCO,WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY:))

CRBA JOURNEY(out of WEDLOCK)

JANUARY 17, 2009 – called FEDEX, ordered packet!

MARCH 15, 2009 – CALLED FEDEX FOR PICK UP

MARCH 17, 2009 – RECEIVED A CALL FROM EMBASSY FOR OUR DAUGHTER’S APPERANCE.MAR. 30:)

MARCH 30, 2009 – CRBA APPROVED WITHOUT DNA,TO GOD BE THE GLORY:)

APRIL 14, 2009 – CRBA CERTIFICATE AND US PASSPORT RECEIVED(YAY!!!)

AOS

DECEMBER 7, 2010 – sent AOS docs via USPS Express mail to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

DECEMBER 8, 2010 – package was delivered to USCIS, signed by R. Mercado

DECEMBER 15, 2010 – cheque cashed

DECEMBER 17, 2010 - received NOA 1 for I-765, I-485 in the mail dated DEC. 14

DECEMBER 23, 2010 - received biometrics appointment(JAN 14,2010)dated DEC 17.

I FOUND MY DESTINY,MY SOUL MATE,MY BETTER HALF!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Why is it that our Re affirmed NOA2 is dated April 6 but when we try calling NVC again and again they keep on saying its still in USCIS???But we have a MNL case number already??Should we wait a little more???Should we call USCIS???Should we ask an assistance to his Local congressman. I told him about this but he think I’m just crazy that we can ask help from his Congresswoman,I’m so stressed out! :( What is the best thing to do...? :help:

USCIS approves cases & then gives them a bar code. They are then scanned & forwarded to NVC. Until that bar code is scanned by NVC it appears that they do not have your case & USCIS indicates they no longer have the case.

You are not crazy to think you can ask for help from a politician. Just dont get carried away & actually begin to think they will do anything to help. They all have a liason staff member & forms to fill out. That is the assistance a USC can expect. They are trained to placate the tax payer. These are the same politicians that have been unable & unwilling to reform the immigration laws in the last 60 years. If the USC believes they can help use the politicians web site to download the form to ask them to assist.

The USC should make an INFO PASS appointment & ask USCIS to track down the case. Take the NOA2 to their office. Use USCIS web site to find the link to set the meeting.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

USCIS approves cases & then gives them a bar code. They are then scanned & forwarded to NVC. Until that bar code is scanned by NVC it appears that they do not have your case & USCIS indicates they no longer have the case.

You are not crazy to think you can ask for help from a politician. Just dont get carried away & actually begin to think they will do anything to help. They all have a liason staff member & forms to fill out. That is the assistance a USC can expect. They are trained to placate the tax payer. These are the same politicians that have been unable & unwilling to reform the immigration laws in the last 60 years. If the USC believes they can help use the politicians web site to download the form to ask them to assist.

The USC should make an INFO PASS appointment & ask USCIS to track down the case. Take the NOA2 to their office. Use USCIS web site to find the link to set the meeting.

There are dozens of cases here on VJ where a simple call and a filled out privacy form to a congressman helped those members go from EXACTLY what Cathy is experiencing to having a case being forwarded to the embassy within days of congressional inquiry. These two posts come to mind, but there are many others on VJ where the congressman actually was able to shake a petition loose from some lazy federal worker's desk. I worked in the Pentagon for 12 years and let me tell you, anytime we would get a "congressional" (letter from a congressman), we dropped everything and responded because we have to respond within 3 days. We get a letter from Joe Q Public and of course the response time is not so urgent.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/165644-stuck-nvc-for-ap/page__st__2895

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/232572-january-2010-k-1-filers/page__st__225

An INFO PASS appointment will take off another month or two of time and the likely response will be to just wait until they are finish with their review and....you have to go down to your local USCIS for the appointment. Almost a waste of time in my book because you're asking an agency to check up on itself without any urgency of a higher power overseeing their actions. Get a congressman involved, it's just a simple letter and a request for status. It's a free service to US Taxpayers and it's their job. That's why we vote them in office.

Cathy: Your USC fiance can send the privacy form to Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi from the link I sent you. It's really very painless and costs nothing to do. And chances are pretty good that within a week you will have an answer. This is an election year as well, so staffers are working a little harder for constituents. Good Luck.

~Johnny~

Waiting without knowing is no fun. We were caught in the 2007 delays and Document Verification fiasco. I learned a few things fighting the delays.

From my experience I would definately write your congressperson and senator. The reason for contacting more than one Congressional rep is the speed and effort can be amazingly different. Include your case number and MNL Case number in your letter.

Before writing the Congressional reps I would suggest calling NVC one more time. Have your fiance ask about your case. When they tell him it is not on record then have your fiance ask the NVC CSR why you were given an MNL case number on April 12th? We he gets a poor answer (or the runaround) ask for a supervisor who can actually answer the question? The CSR will try to avoid putting on a supervisor, but stand firm and request one. Put all the information received from NVC into your Congressional inquiry letter.

Also, if your fiance has received a letter from NVC then contact the Manila Embassy to see if they have your case.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Did you ask the NVC if your papers are in AP?

I think i have to tell him to ask one more time about if we are really in AP!

K1 JOURNEY

January 6,2010 – NVC ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL REVIEW,RETURNED OUR PETITION TO USCIS

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

MARCH 17, 2009 – RECEIVED A CALL FROM EMBASSY FOR OUR DAUGHTER’S APPERANCE.MAR. 30:)

AOS

There are dozens of cases here on VJ where a simple call and a filled out privacy form to a congressman helped those members go from EXACTLY what Cathy is experiencing to having a case being forwarded to the embassy within days of congressional inquiry. These two posts come to mind, but there are many others on VJ where the congressman actually was able to shake a petition loose from some lazy federal worker's desk. I worked in the Pentagon for 12 years and let me tell you, anytime we would get a "congressional" (letter from a congressman), we dropped everything and responded because we have to respond within 3 days. We get a letter from Joe Q Public and of course the response time is not so urgent.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/232572-january-2010-k-1-filers/page__st__225

An INFO PASS appointment will take off another month or two of time and the likely response will be to just wait until they are finish with their review and....you have to go down to your local USCIS for the appointment. Almost a waste of time in my book because you're asking an agency to check up on itself without any urgency of a higher power overseeing their actions. Get a congressman involved, it's just a simple letter and a request for status. It's a free service to US Taxpayers and it's their job. That's why we vote them in office.

Cathy: Your USC fiance can send the privacy form to Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi from the link I sent you. It's really very painless and costs nothing to do. And chances are pretty good that within a week you will have an answer. This is an election year as well, so staffers are working a little harder for constituents. Good Luck.

I've been talking to you quite about this johnny and thank you that you are one of the most helpful to me who's ready to answer all my questions.After i send all this link to him its up to him if he will believe or not with all what I am saying.

K1 JOURNEY

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

AOS

Waiting without knowing is no fun. We were caught in the 2007 delays and Document Verification fiasco. I learned a few things fighting the delays.

From my experience I would definitely write your congressperson and senator. The reason for contacting more than one Congressional rep is the speed and effort can be amazingly different. Include your case number and MNL Case number in your letter.

Before writing the Congressional reps I would suggest calling NVC one more time. Have your fiance ask about your case. When they tell him it is not on record then have your fiance ask the NVC CSR why you were given an MNL case number on April 12th? We he gets a poor answer (or the runaround) ask for a supervisor who can actually answer the question? The CSR will try to avoid putting on a supervisor, but stand firm and request one. Put all the information received from NVC into your Congressional inquiry letter.

Also, if your fiance has received a letter from NVC then contact the Manila Embassy to see if they have your case.

we never received a letter from NVC yet,is it possible he could get to talk to a supervisor in NVC?what if the CSR refused to connect him?He wants to call USCIS but i think they will just say they already sent it to NVC:(

K1 JOURNEY

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

AOS

Timeline

There are dozens of posts that indicate Congress has no power over USCIS. My case was certianly not affected by Senator Finestines office. In fact it took them 60 days to get any answer at all & when they did they sent the information to the wrong address. By the time I got them to send it to my address it was irrelevent. The person that did that ( Gloria ) has over 20 years of experiance at these things & still couldnt get it right.

The responce from USCIS wont be as you state. The O P has the NOA2 which is the approval by USCIS. Her case is not at USCIS waiting for review. That can be confirmed by an INFO PASS meeting.

From my experience I would definately write your congressperson and senator. The reason for contacting more than one Congressional rep is the speed and effort can be amazingly different. Include your case number and MNL Case number in your letter.

Manila embassy don't have our case yet:(,I just made an inquiry last may 10 and this is what it says

Records indicate that on December 31, 2009, NVC returned the visa petition to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office in Laguna Niguel, California. As the case is no longer under the State Department’s jurisdiction, future inquiries should be directed to the USCIS National Customer Service Center by telephone at 1-800-375-5283.

After my Fiance have been calling NVC so many times he also send an inquiry to NVC and this is their reply

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

The petition has been returned to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS-formerly known as INS). Any further inquiries should be directed to CIS.

:(:(:(

K1 JOURNEY

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

AOS

we never received a letter from NVC yet,is it possible he could get to talk to a supervisor in NVC?what if the CSR refused to connect him?He wants to call USCIS but i think they will just say they already sent it to NVC:(

Yes, it is possible. The CSR will try to refuse, but you must remain firm in your request to soeak with a suoervisor. The reason I listed the questions to ask is that when ask, "why you have an MNL number but they do not show your petition on file," puts the CSR in a position where they cannot answer your question. Having the CSR in this situation gives the caller more leverage in requesting a supervisor.

As Ning stated, some Congressional reps are slow and do not have power with the USCIS or Department of State in your case. This is why I suggested contacting several reps. In our case, Sen. Obama's office was very slow as it took them over 30 days to send me a release of information form. My congressman's office assistant was of no help. But Senator Durbin's assistant had my problems corrected before Obama's assistants even mailed me the release form.

P.S. There is no gaurantee that taking action will get results. But, by taking action it brings awareness to the problems with USCIS and the Department of State. The NVC and the US Embassies are run under the Department of State.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

My fiance told me there is no chance he will do contacting any congressman or senator's office..For so many reasons plus we have so many arguments over and over again about it but i will not elaborate it.as a WIFE to him i will agree in just doing an INFOPASS...As his better half i respect him so much.He decide to just take a break from work and visit us for 2 weeks..YAY!!!But i would like to know how an INFOPASS work.how many months will it take before we get an answer?As long as its not 6 months to a year i will not go crazy..LOL!!!

K1 JOURNEY

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

AOS

Timeline

My fiance told me there is no chance he will do contacting any congressman or senator's office..For so many reasons plus we have so many arguments over and over again about it but i will not elaborate it.as a WIFE to him i will agree in just doing an INFOPASS...As his better half i respect him so much.He decide to just take a break from work and visit us for 2 weeks..YAY!!!But i would like to know how an INFOPASS work.how many months will it take before we get an answer?As long as its not 6 months to a year i will not go crazy..LOL!!!

I think he will see that an Info Pass meeting will produce results. He will be talking directly to a USCIS officer. If they can not answer the question they will have a supervisor answer the question. The answer will be given right there if they can, based on what they see when they pull up the case history on the computer. The least that will happen is they will track down the case & expose the actual problem. This will not take 6 months.

To make the appointment go to the USCIS site & find the link. I think its on the lower left side. Easy to find & easy to set the appointment. The actual meeting will not take more than 30 minutes.

I think he will see that an Info Pass meeting will produce results. He will be talking directly to a USCIS officer. If they can not answer the question they will have a supervisor answer the question. The answer will be given right there if they can, based on what they see when they pull up the case history on the computer. The least that will happen is they will track down the case & expose the actual problem. This will not take 6 months.

To make the appointment go to the USCIS site & find the link. I think its on the lower left side. Easy to find & easy to set the appointment. The actual meeting will not take more than 30 minutes.

If my Fiance will make an appointment can he choose the date?and he is living in San Francisco CA will the office he have to go far from his place?

K1 JOURNEY

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

AOS

Manila embassy don't have our case yet:(,I just made an inquiry last may 10 and this is what it says

Records indicate that on December 31, 2009, NVC returned the visa petition to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office in Laguna Niguel, California. As the case is no longer under the State Department’s jurisdiction, future inquiries should be directed to the USCIS National Customer Service Center by telephone at 1-800-375-5283.

Hmmmm. If the case was returned to USCIS, looks like youo got a denial from the NVC. I would think that you would have received a notice from USCIS or even the NVC on the reason for the denial. I agree that at this point, contacting a politician is not a bad idea. I know that many people have reasons for not wanting to contact their local politicians. I have a good friend who waited almost 18 months for his wife/daughter's paperwork. He kept getting the same BS from the NVC. Once he contacted his Senator, he had an approval within 4 days. So it does work. Good luck on resolving this, and I hope everything works out for you!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.