visaveteran

The Win-Win of using the "Ignore" figure

37 posts in this topic

Since I'm kind of on house arrest right now... that'd be a no.

I should know by the end of the month if I'm allowed to travel this summer. I'm also unemployed too so unless my wife is buying the gas... it may be a while. She's ready to take a little roadtrip and we do need to get out and do something together, but it's going to be a few weeks, minimum. I'll keep you posted.

Just give me a couple of weeks notice. Good luck with the other bit.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Since I so seldom get the chance - I'm going to agree with Jenn!

We probably agree more often than you think, but I can't be seen in public agreeing with you since it might hurt my reputation. :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We probably agree more often than you think, but I can't be seen in public agreeing with you since it might hurt my reputation. :P

Here's something we might agree on...Morocco is an interesting place. I spent some time in Tangier many years ago. Visited the famous Kasbah. Loved the atmosphere, food, markets and climate. The people were pretty interesting too.

I have one funny story. We went to this carpet shop...a huge place. You could by carpets pretty cheaply back then. Believe it or not, the guys selling their carpets would actually accept personal checks! But what was funny was they also sold leather goods...luggage, purses. etc. We had been forewarned NOT to buy the leather goods but I didn't know exactly why until the next day. Lots of folks from our hotel did buy the leather goods...and when I went out on my balcony the next morning, I was amazed to see all these Moroccan leather goods sitting out on everyone's balcony. After some inquiry, I found out why. The Moroccans use camel urine to process leather...and the leather ends up stinking out loud. Somehow, the odor issue is not immediately apparent. But that situation quickly changes, it seems.

Anyway, I do wish we had bought a carpet. I'm thrilled we passed on the leather.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here's something we might agree on...Morocco is an interesting place. I spent some time in Tangier many years ago. Visited the famous Kasbah. Loved the atmosphere, food, markets and climate. The people were pretty interesting too.

I have one funny story. We went to this carpet shop...a huge place. You could by carpets pretty cheaply back then. Believe it or not, the guys selling their carpets would actually accept personal checks! But what was funny was they also sold leather goods...luggage, purses. etc. We had been forewarned NOT to buy the leather goods but I didn't know exactly why until the next day. Lots of folks from our hotel did buy the leather goods...and when I went out on my balcony the next morning, I was amazed to see all these Moroccan leather goods sitting out on everyone's balcony. After some inquiry, I found out why. The Moroccans use camel urine to process leather...and the leather ends up stinking out loud. Somehow, the odor issue is not immediately apparent. But that situation quickly changes, it seems.

Anyway, I do wish we had bought a carpet. I'm thrilled we passed on the leather.

Yes, on all that we can agree!

The tanneries in Fes are something to see (I put one of our pics from our most recent trip). But boy does it stink! Imagine working there.

untitled-13.jpg

Just give me a couple of weeks notice. Good luck with the other bit.

Will do.

I get that a lot.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Besides, I wake up naked with Alla every morning. Exactly how bad can anyone on the internet make my day? :rofl:

My Eyes!!!! My Eyes!!! That is not an image I want to think about. :dead:

how would you be privy to that?

I apologize. I only know what he says on this public forum. Not what he actually does.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not to mention what it could do to Slim's reputation.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

That right, naked-boy? You are developing quite the rep yourself Gary. :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My Eyes!!!! My Eyes!!! That is not an image I want to think about. :dead:

:lol:

Hey, when I say naked...I mean naked. She takes out her contact lenses. she never seems to put them back in until I am dressed. Hmmmm

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

MENA is us in female form. They can claim the high road all they want, but they're nothing more than the female equivalent of us fat old bald guys.

She takes out her contact lenses. she never seems to put them back in until I am dressed.

Nobody ever accused them of being dumb.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

It seems that a number of people here should heed the words my mother use to tell us. "If you have nothing nice to say about someone, say nothing at all."

I have found it interesting and fun to read the differing opinions in all the forums and hope that no one thinks that they can force their opinion on another. This is a self help site with the purpose of assisting individuals with immigration problems and adjusting to a new life. Let's all try to be a little more positive to each other. There is enough negativism around all of us, without the back biting and sniping that some suggest. :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It seems that a number of people here should heed the words my mother use to tell us. "If you have nothing nice to say about someone, say nothing at all."

I have found it interesting and fun to read the differing opinions in all the forums and hope that no one thinks that they can force their opinion on another. This is a self help site with the purpose of assisting individuals with immigration problems and adjusting to a new life. Let's all try to be a little more positive to each other. There is enough negativism around all of us, without the back biting and sniping that some suggest. :thumbs:

My mother told me the same thing. Look at how that has worked out! :)

Nothing wrong with a little "let's all try to get along" speech. But please don't hold your breath.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.