Sylvia y Radhames

K-1 Approved without Interview?

5 posts in this topic

We submitted our K-1 application and it was received 2/18/2010. I check our status every week and saw this on Friday...

Post-Decision Activity

On May 7, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Does this mean were approved without an interview? He's in the Domican Republic and I don't want to get excited if I'm wrong...Help Anyone!

Con Dios Por Delante...

Sylvia y Radhames

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We submitted our K-1 application and it was received 2/18/2010. I check our status every week and saw this on Friday...

Post-Decision Activity

On May 7, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Does this mean were approved without an interview? He's in the Domican Republic and I don't want to get excited if I'm wrong...Help Anyone!

The visa is not approved.. n The USC's petition for the fiance to apply for a visa has been approved.. you are through the first of 3 stages..on to NVC next.. :guides:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No. You applied for permission for your fiancee to APPLY for a visa. Permission has been granted (this is what this approval is), so now your fiancee will apply for the visa in her home country.

You first received a notice from USCIS telling you they received you package (NOA1) now you have received approval for your fiancee to APPLY for the fiance visa (NOA2). Now the file will be sent to your fiancees home country where s/he will be sent a list of documents to gather and send in (usually called Packet 3 or "p3"). Then later in the process she will be given an interview (packet 4 or "P4").

:guides:

** moved from Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas to "K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures" as this is a K1 matter, and not an AOS one**

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Vanessa and Tony got it right, you now have NOA2. Please update your timeline, and congrats.

Now it goes to NVC/DOS, then on to the embassy from there, and preparation for the paperwork for them and the interview.

Mailed K1: Fedex to VSC Feb 19, 2010

NOA1: Feb 22

NOA2: May 17 (84 days, no touches, both SMS and email notice received a day later)

Rcvd at NVC: May 19

Sent on to Embassy: May 21 (in reality, May 24th)

Received at Embassy: May 26

Packet 3 received: June 1

Packet 3 returned: June 2

Packet 4 received: June 16 (emailed appointment date June 11)

interview: July 19th (Warsaw - APPROVED!!!)

POE: July 24th :)

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Post-Decision Activity

Ya know you should update your timeline for others... :time:

09-21-2009 - Met for the first time

10-31-2009 - Visited for 5 days

12-30-2009 - visited for 11 days (informal engagement)

1-13-2010 - Mailed I129F Petition

1-15-2010 - Recieved NOA1

1-21-2010 - Touched

3-09-2010 - visiting for 6 days

3-12-2010 - Formal Engagement in Ochee

4-20-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (no previous touches)

4-22-2010 - NVC Recieved my Petition, Assigned New Case#

4-23-2010 - Case leaving NVC (have DHL tracking# so I can follow case to Kingston)

4-23-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (hard copy) in the mail

4-26-2010 - Kingston Embassy Recieved Petition (signed by Mr. Morgan)

4-25-2010 - visiting for 5 days

4-30-2010 - Kingston Embassy mailed out Packet# 3

5-3-2010 - E-Mailed Kingston Embassy DS-230

5-4-2010 - Embassy e-mailed interview date

5-26-2010 - Medical

6-6-2010 - Flying down for interview

6-8-2010 - INTERVIEW...APPROVED!!!!

6-23-2010 - VISA RECIEVED!!!

6-27-2010 - Flying down to Jamaica

06-30-2010 - POE (JFK)

09-25-2010 - WEDDING!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.