mawilson

Illegal aliens stole my ID

43 posts in this topic

Hey Mark,have you talked to Steve? he's always looking for free cash.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm curious how they got the number.

Not by rummaging through my trash, that's for sure - I shred everything!

CO earning extra cash by selling G325a forms from previous petitionswhistling.gif ... Its amazing how much vital info we are required toput on 1 piece of paper.... I can only imagine what would happen if that 1 single form got into the wrong hands...

You may be shredding but the ones that have your info may not be.... I can imagine if the guy saying he is you, makes 50k and pays no tax on it... there you may gointo a new bracket at a higher rate and then you have to prove it aint you that made the $... keep in mind that when it comes to the IRS, you are guilty until proven innocent....

Hope that the guy posing as you doesnt start commiting violent crimes and saying he is you.... a warrant for your arrest for whaat he has done can be really inconvenient.... even though the photos would look different there is still a time lag to get it straightened out... You may never know where he got your info... could be an old HR form that a former employer didnt shred... whoknows... as Bobby said.. think about what else could happen and CYA.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You may be shredding but the ones that have your info may not be.... I can imagine if the guy saying he is you, makes 50k and pays no tax on it... there you may gointo a new bracket at a higher rate and then you have to prove it aint you that made the $... keep in mind that when it comes to the IRS, you are guilty until proven innocent....

Yeah, I'm already in one of the highest brackets, so if he makes $50k, I may be liable for $15-20k. :(

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I"d check in with any entity that has yer ssn, inquire if they had any data theft recently.

A mate of mine received a class action lawsuit notice, recently, covering CountryWide Mortgage company, and some data theft that occured there.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Mark,have you talked to Steve? he's always looking for free cash.

maybe it was goose again! :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Yeah, I'm already in one of the highest brackets, so if he makes $50k, I may be liable for $15-20k. :(

An illegal on $50k per anum? He/she should be so lucky.

Not trying to minimise the impact, just thinking I'd rather some scenarios over others, but not having one's identiy stolen would be better still.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A couple of years ago I didnt get a 1099 from one ofmy employers... forgot about the contract since it was many months prior... they filed the income with the IRS and then I got a letter saying that basedon the 5k that I didnt claim, I would have topay close to 9k in late fees, and adjusted tax.... it was my fault for not keeping track of every penny I made, but damn.. it threw me into the next bracket and that coupled with late fees etc... made a huge impact... 9k in tax for making an extra 5k... #######....blink.gif

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

An illegal on $50k per anum? He/she should be so lucky.

Not trying to minimise the impact, just thinking I'd rather some scenarios over others, but not having one's identiy stolen would be better still.

For a construction worker, $50k is average (nationwide).

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

For a construction worker, $50k is average (nationwide).

For a legal construction worker? I thought construction was one of those industries that was unionised as well so I can't see how illegals would be hired on the same basis as a legal worker. It isn't making much sense unless there are simply not enough legal construction workers. I am confused.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

maybe it was goose again! :hehe:

:lol:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

I'm curious how they got the number.

Not by rummaging through my trash, that's for sure - I shred everything!

How do you even know it was stolen and not a typo of another number?

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

For a legal construction worker? I thought construction was one of those industries that was unionised as well so I can't see how illegals would be hired on the same basis as a legal worker. It isn't making much sense unless there are simply not enough legal construction workers. I am confused.

How do they know he's illegal if he presents a valid social security number? If he was paid under the table, he wouldn't need my social.

How do you even know it was stolen and not a typo of another number?

I don't. Or maybe someone selected a random number which happened to be mine. Anything's possible.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

sucks being you.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

How do they know he's illegal if he presents a valid social security number? If he was paid under the table, he wouldn't need my social.

I don't. Or maybe someone selected a random number which happened to be mine. Anything's possible.

You are supposed to present the card, not just the number. Obviously it happens, I just thought the company employing the illegal had to be complicit, and if they were complicit they would not be paying the going rate. That's how I thought it went down anyway - but, of course there are many different scenarios.

It sounds like you're doing everything you need to do. What a pain in the #######. I hope it's just a typo on someone's part. Good thing you have the credit alert so that you can address it right away.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]