ACE67

I130 ; Writ of Mandamus Filed

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am a USC who filled an I130 for my spouse in 9/2008. The case was transferred to the local detroit office in 6/2009 pending an interview an interview for myself, the petitioner. I contacted my senator in 10/2009 and was told I should have an interview by 1/2010. In 2/2010 I was told that they were so behind they don't even know when they will schedule my interview. I have sent in so much proof that we are married from pictures, airline tickets, financial documents that me being interviewed in the 1st place is ridiculous. My lawyer filed a Writ of Mandamus in the beginning of March. My lawyer has spoken to their lawyer and has told me that well have some significant info by the end of May. I thought they were supposed to give you an answer within 60 days? Can I file another info pass appointment? I am so sick of waiting for them to tell me to go ahead and start my life.

TIMELINE

1-Application received date: 9/8/2008

2- I-797C, Notice of Action: 9/11/2008

3-USCIS Inquiry (OUTSIDE OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME): 3/16/2009

USCIS Response: LETTER: FBI Security check : 3/17/2009

4-USCIS inquiry: 5/18/2009

USCIS Response EMAIL : Case relocation to Detroit office 5/20/2009

5- Infopass: 6/4/2009 @2:45 pm

6- USCIS Status update EMAIL : Case relocation to Detroit office for interview. 6/29/2009

7-USCIS RFE : 7/10/2009

Evidence sent via US. Post 7/21/2009

8-USCIS Inquiry: 8/31/2009

USCIS Response EMAIL: Case transfered to local office; Direct all inquires to Detroit office. 9/2/2009

9- Infopass: 9/21/2009 @3:15 pm: Waiting for Petitioner interview

10- Senator Levin office inquiry; 10-14-09

USCIS RESPONSE: Case pending and waiting to be scheduled for an interview. USC petitioner should be receive an interview notice within 60 to 90 days. 10/15/09

11- Senator Levin office inquiry; 1-16-2010

USCIS RESPONSE: Detroit office overwhelmed with I130 petitions. Unknown Waiting period for interview.

12-Lawyer representation acquired. 2-11-2010. official Case inquiry.

13- Ombudsmans office; complaint filed 2-13-2010

14- Writ of mandamus filed 3-12-2010

15- Ombudmans Office : USCIS 45 day standard reply 3-29-2010

16-Uscis phone inquiry: USCIS 45 day standard reply 4-22-2010

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I'm not your lawyer but when you hire a lawyer to handle your case, it is customary to actually have your lawyer handle your case. That customarily includes discussions about any options for additional actions.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Your case makes me super afraid on mine, we might be in the same boat? Are you an AWA peitioner?

I would say you need a major lawsuit , clearly you have been patient enough and they are just jerking you around. I wish you luck, I fear I will be going through the same

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am a USC who filled an I130 for my spouse in 9/2008. The case was transferred to the local detroit office in 6/2009 pending an interview an interview for myself, the petitioner. I contacted my senator in 10/2009 and was told I should have an interview by 1/2010. In 2/2010 I was told that they were so behind they don't even know when they will schedule my interview. I have sent in so much proof that we are married from pictures, airline tickets, financial documents that me being interviewed in the 1st place is ridiculous. My lawyer filed a Writ of Mandamus in the beginning of March. My lawyer has spoken to their lawyer and has told me that well have some significant info by the end of May. I thought they were supposed to give you an answer within 60 days? Can I file another info pass appointment? I am so sick of waiting for them to tell me to go ahead and start my life.

TIMELINE

1-Application received date: 9/8/2008

2- I-797C, Notice of Action: 9/11/2008

3-USCIS Inquiry (OUTSIDE OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME): 3/16/2009

USCIS Response: LETTER: FBI Security check : 3/17/2009

4-USCIS inquiry: 5/18/2009

USCIS Response EMAIL : Case relocation to Detroit office 5/20/2009

5- Infopass: 6/4/2009 @2:45 pm

6- USCIS Status update EMAIL : Case relocation to Detroit office for interview. 6/29/2009

7-USCIS RFE : 7/10/2009

Evidence sent via US. Post 7/21/2009

8-USCIS Inquiry: 8/31/2009

USCIS Response EMAIL: Case transfered to local office; Direct all inquires to Detroit office. 9/2/2009

9- Infopass: 9/21/2009 @3:15 pm: Waiting for Petitioner interview

10- Senator Levin office inquiry; 10-14-09

USCIS RESPONSE: Case pending and waiting to be scheduled for an interview. USC petitioner should be receive an interview notice within 60 to 90 days. 10/15/09

11- Senator Levin office inquiry; 1-16-2010

USCIS RESPONSE: Detroit office overwhelmed with I130 petitions. Unknown Waiting period for interview.

12-Lawyer representation acquired. 2-11-2010. official Case inquiry.

13- Ombudsmans office; complaint filed 2-13-2010

14- Writ of mandamus filed 3-12-2010

15- Ombudmans Office : USCIS 45 day standard reply 3-29-2010

16-Uscis phone inquiry: USCIS 45 day standard reply 4-22-2010

man im glad i found another person who has the same problem as me, i really thought i was the only 1 with this problem. i filed an I130 application for my wife on october 30, 2008. and im still waiting to get approved or interviewed, i contacted senator carl levin and congressman john conyers offices and there both still working on it. god help us!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Oh yes, after the judge makes a ruling on the writ of mandamus he usually gives them 60 days to make a ruling. The problem is that just filing the court papers is not a hearing, those things take time. Welcome to the US judicial system. The Court has to give the defendant time to find the case and review it, then to make inquiries about why there is a delay. So although you did the right thing by filing don't expect an immediate answer.

I am with you on this and the delay is inexcusable. By this time I would be wanting answers also. But now you need to be patient and let your attorney do his job. Most of our legal system is the wheeling and dealing that goes on in the back rooms before the case ever makes it to court, that is why most cases are resolved prior to ever having a hearing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

look up member 'gogo' here, study his topics, profile, and get his address book.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks for everyones comments. I have done everything in my power. All I can do is be patient and wait. Hopefully everyone that is in the same boat has some good luck. We all need it! I wonder what eventually get me any results? The writ of Mandamus I filed? The complaint I filed with the Ombudmans office? I'l have to wait and see. Does anyone think that making info pass appointments and having congressional representatives further look into the case, if it would be at all viewed in a negative light? Waiting and being patient is soo hard!

Thanks for everyones comments. I have done everything in my power. All I can do is be patient and wait. Hopefully everyone that is in the same boat has some good luck. We all need it! I wonder what eventually get me any results? The writ of Mandamus I filed? The complaint I filed with the Ombudmans office? I'l have to wait and see. Does anyone think that making info pass appointments and having congressional representatives further look into the case, if it would be at all viewed in a negative light? Waiting and being patient is soo hard!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Suggest you look up member 'gogo' here, study his topics, peruse the address book he's posted.

If you don't know how to look him up in the member search tool, let me know?

He's gone down yer path, his wife is in the USA now. (No No, don't PM him, he's busy with his wife - STUDY HIS TOPICS, STUDY HIS POSTS, GET HIS ADDRESS BOOK! )

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.