w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

2 Lawsuits Challenge New Arizona Immigration Law

151 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, many would not argue routinely executing criminals is more humane than locking them up. If prisons are failing, then that needs to be addressed, not executing the prisoners in order to rid ourselves of the problem.

I am not a supporter of capital punishment. I have many reasons for not supporting it, none of which are some fanciful notion that people found guilty of heinous crimes should be mollycoddled or set free - although I am sure that point will be ignored.

I have no idea how wedded you are to this sensationalist rhetoric. It's perhaps your idea of having a good time. Frankly, that's your business but again, the more you do it, the less seriously your views will be taken, if anyone even still takes them seriously at this time.

Many would to your surprise. It's actually pretty split on what people believe.

You can like what I'm saying or not, and if how I feel about one thing makes you look at me differently on everything else, that is your problem and not mine. I judge individual opinions and beliefs, as that is my choice. We all have our ways of doing things.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Timeline
The Nazi's mistake was thinking that the Aryan race was superior no matter what....

There's a huge inherent difference in that and eliminating the filth from society.

We were on the topic of what dehumanizing humans can lead to. The holocaust is one of those results. Wiggle all you want but your fascist tendencies are all out in the open by now. You would have done well as Goebbel's right hand. Nothing to be proud of, for sure.

The Nazi's mistake was thinking that the Aryan race was superior no matter what....

There's a huge inherent difference in that and eliminating the filth from society.

Something tells me you are more wedded to this rhetoric than merely a vehicle to promote outrage in the despised 'liberal'. However, let me disabuse you of one thing, I don't take anything you post seriously enough to find it outrageous or worthy of anything more than mocking you for your idiocy ;)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

We were on the topic of what dehumanizing humans can lead to. The holocaust is one of those results. Wiggle all you want but your fascist tendencies are all out in the open by now. You would have done well as Goebbel's right hand. Nothing to be proud of, for sure.

Eliminating criminals who consistently harm other people is not Nazi like.

Eliminating people for speeding is Nazi like. Eliminating people for Jaywalking is Nazi like. Eliminating Jews is Nazi like.... you get the picture.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Many would to your surprise. It's actually pretty split on what people believe.

You can like what I'm saying or not, and if how I feel about one thing makes you look at me differently on everything else, that is your problem and not mine. I judge individual opinions and beliefs, as that is my choice. We all have our ways of doing things.

I am not sure what you are arguing now, that there are a lot of people in the US that support capital punishment is not in dispute, but to suggest that a lot of people support capital punishment because it's a more 'humane' choice is, well, completely ridiculous. I would imagine such an outlandish view is confined to a very small minority of people, just how small would be the pertinent question, not how close to being a main stream position this is.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline
I am not sure what you are arguing now, that there are a lot of people in the US that support capital punishment is not in dispute, but to suggest that a lot of people support capital punishment because it's a more 'humane' choice is, well, completely ridiculous. I would imagine such an outlandish view is confined to a very small minority of people, just how small would be the pertinent question, not how close to being a main stream position this is.

And this doesn't even begin to address the complete failure of capital punishment. There isn't a civilized nation on the planet that practices capital punishment anymore - aside from the US, that is. And there isn;t a civilized nation that has as much of a violent crime issue as the US. If it's supposed to be the big deterrent, it certainly doesn't seem to working too well. But it's pointless to even make that case to a bunch of neanderthal mindsets.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

You really should read Crime and Punishment. You might learn a thing or two. :thumbs:

And this doesn't even begin to address the complete failure of capital punishment. There isn't a civilized nation on the planet that practices capital punishment anymore - aside from the US, that is. And there isn;t a civilized nation that has as much of a violent crime issue as the US. If it's supposed to be the big deterrent, it certainly doesn't seem to working too well. But it's pointless to even make that case to a bunch of neanderthal mindsets.

Well, young Paul is not exactly the best choice of people to debate the success or failure of Capital Punishment. Clearly as far as he is concerned the US is a somewhat namby pamby liberal entity in terms of its treatment of suspects and prisoners. Any failure of Capital Punishment is down to our being too ready to commute sentences, allow endless appeals and conducting them infront of a strictly limited audience. I am sure he would favour immediate execution on sentence and perhaps some TV linked reality live show?

Edited by Madame Cleo

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Have you ever noticed that in most Nazi propaganda Jews were listed as just that "filthy Jews"

Really think about the German population in the late 30's. Many honestly believed that the Jews were harming the economy and Germany as a whole.

Have you ever noticed that in most Nazi propaganda Jews were listed as just that "filthy Jews"

Really think about the German population in the late 30's. Many honestly believed that the Jews were harming the economy and Germany as a whole.

What I noticed was that in his opinion the failure was not the fact that the Nazi's undertook mass extermination, but that they chose the wrong people to exterminate :whistle:

Timeline

Well, young Paul is not exactly the best choice of people to debate the success or failure of Capital Punishment. Clearly as far as he is concerned the US is a somewhat namby pamby liberal entity in terms of its treatment of suspects and prisoners. Any failure of Capital Punishment is down to our being too ready to commute sentences, allow endless appeals and conducting them infront of a strictly limited audience. I am sure he would favour immediate execution on sentence and perhaps some TV linked reality live show?

Why not? Hangings used to be public events. Sounds like a good idea. Get some advertisers, make some money.

It's not about "success and failure" as a deterrent, it's about freeing up space, reducing costs, etc.

Either that or we can do something along the lines of "Escape from New York" and make one big area a prison where people fend for themselves, and the only funding that goes into it is the guards watching the wall surrounding it.

Anything to at least reduce that $40+ billion a year of our prison system.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!