w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

2 Lawsuits Challenge New Arizona Immigration Law

151 posts in this topic

Just the same as they would a citizen. Arrest them until identity can be confirmed.

Ahhhh.... no, I don't think so...

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ahhhh.... no, I don't think so...

so you want illegals to have more rights than a USC?

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

so you want illegals to have more rights than a USC?

I beliive that you are in error, if you believe you can do that....

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Just the same as they would a citizen. Arrest them until identity can be confirmed.

First they won't "arrest" them. When you are arrested you have been charged. They may detain them. Also believe it or not many illegal immigrants have driving licenses that match their residence and can be properly identified.

Edited by Sousuke

Would you over the top PC people be happier if cops ask everybody? Require every cop to ask everybody for legal documentation. I would be up for it considering the huge problem with illegal immigrants in AZ.

When I was a teenager I was always given extra attention because of my age when I would go into a mini-mart. I was not a thief and wasn't too happy with the clerks watching me closely like I was going to steal something but I understood. I didnt take it personal, we dont live in a fair world. If Mexicans think they will be looked at closer than a white man then why cant Mexicans in AZ have some sort of understanding that became clear to me as a child. We have heinous crimes that are being committed on a daily basis and something has to be done.

It is quite rational. They are individuals who broke our laws, broke into our country illegally, using our resources. The shoe fits quite nicely actually. They are no different than your common every day criminals roaming the streets. Oh wait, some of them are that too to they get the double title.

That is not a rational way to describe petty criminals of any sort, particularly if you wish to have your views taken seriously- it wouldn't even be a good description of those who commit heinous crimes were you engaging in a reasoned debate. Clearly, you have no wish to do so, you just enjoy being swept up in your emotional diabtribes. That's fine of course, that is your right too ;)

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Would you over the top PC people be happier if cops ask everybody? Require every cop to ask everybody for legal documentation. I would be up for it considering the huge problem with illegal immigrants in AZ.

When I was a teenager I was always given extra attention because of my age when I would go into a mini-mart. I was not a thief and wasn't too happy with the clerks watching me closely like I was going to steal something but I understood. I didnt take it personal, we dont live in a fair world. If Mexicans think they will be looked at closer than a white man then why cant Mexicans in AZ have some sort of understanding that became clear to me as a child. We have heinous crimes that are being committed on a daily basis and something has to be done.

Obviously not, that is my main argument against this law, it will require police to do just that if they really want to avoid profiling.

Timeline

I beliive that you are in error, if you believe you can do that....

See: Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada.

The SCOTUS agrees with me. Arizona law now makes it more transparent that they can do this.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

First they won't "arrest" them. When you are arrested you have been charged. They may detain them. Also believe it or not many illegal immigrants have driving licenses that match their residence and can be properly identified.

Unless your laws are very different to the UK, detention without being charged with an offense is strictly time limited, unless you are a suspect in terrorism - then you pretty much lose all your rights.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Unless your laws are very different to the UK, detention without being charged with an offense is strictly time limited, unless you are a suspect in terrorism - then you pretty much lose all your rights.

The UK has I think a 24 hour time limit right? I haven't been able to find any conclusive references to limits for any US states, including Arizona.

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

That is not a rational way to describe petty criminals of any sort, particularly if you wish to have your views taken seriously- it wouldn't even be a good description of those who commit heinous crimes were you engaging in a reasoned debate. Clearly, you have no wish to do so, you just enjoy being swept up in your emotional diabtribes. That's fine of course, that is your right too ;)

ok ms. perfect world where everyone is a loving saint or angel no matter what they do.

Filth is filth, trash is trash in our society and they should be treated as such. Take them and toss them back to the land where they came from and tell them to apply the LEGAL and lawful way.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok ms. perfect world where everyone is a loving saint or angel no matter what they do.

Filth is filth, trash is trash in our society and they should be treated as such. Take them and toss them back to the land where they came from and tell them to apply the LEGAL and lawful way.

You are missing her point. If you want to be taken seriously, there is no need to use such moronic verbiage.

You have also failed to address my question posed to you. What will arizona do with people who are detained, who are only being detained for being an illegal alien? They have no jurisdiction to deport them, and ICE is so overburdened, and understaffed and funed to actually deport a vast majority of them.

Timeline

Why is an illegal immigrant trash?

Timeline

You are missing her point. If you want to be taken seriously, there is no need to use such moronic verbiage.

You have also failed to address my question posed to you. What will arizona do with people who are detained, who are only being detained for being an illegal alien? They have no jurisdiction to deport them, and ICE is so overburdened, and understaffed and funed to actually deport a vast majority of them.

Apply to get ICE funded better.

Hell, local authorities should take matters into their own hands anyway if confirmation is made that one is an illegal. Toss 'em. They're surely close enough, especially on some of those border towns. Finger print them, keep record, tell if they ever cross the border illegally again, they'll be excuted.

Why is an illegal immigrant trash?

They are breaking into this country, immediately violating our laws, using our resources, etc.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Obviously not, that is my main argument against this law, it will require police to do just that if they really want to avoid profiling.

Your argument suggests that a police will overlook a crime by a white man in the hopes of finding a illegal Mexican committing a crime. It will be abused yes, all laws are but to what degree is the question.

With this law do you think a cop would overlook a German man who couldn't speak English that just committed a crime?