davidked

I Just Made I-131 Submission Error

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Ughhh. I just submitted all the OAS documentation but I forgot to put a date on the I-131 AP form and I forgot to include a separate page for an explanation as required.

Is there anyway to correct this error? Can I just send a follow-up properly completed I-131?

Thanks

You pretty much do just have to wait and see. Since you've already mailed off your whole package, there is no way to assure that anything you send now will end up in the right place.

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Ughhh. I just submitted all the OAS documentation but I forgot to put a date on the I-131 AP form and I forgot to include a separate page for an explanation as required.

Is there anyway to correct this error? Can I just send a follow-up properly completed I-131?

Thanks

There doesn't need to be a date. Mine says "unknown". So they will either assume that or return it.

As you are applying with AOS you do NOT include a letter of explanation. Your "explanation" is that you filed for AOS as per the instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-131instr.pdf page 4 Step 2, 1, C, 1. You will see it says you must include:

"a. A copy of any document for USCIS showing status ... AND

b. Explanation OR

c. if you are applying for AOS, AOS NOA1 "

You filed AOS with your K1 so you included a copy of your K1 visa, this satisfies A. You will then see it says B OR C. As you filed this at the same time as AOS that fulfils C so you have nothing to worry about in that regard.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.