clueless_in_usa

If you have an accent

173 posts in this topic

You'll be put in jail, unless you carry your passport/green card with you.

If you have an accent, no big deal in and of itself. But you have to have some sort of paperwork that indicates your status, or some kind of identification that they can easily check.

I rode Amtrak a few weeks ago, a woman behind was asked if she was a US citizen by the border patrol, she said no, they asked her for documents. She said she was a refugee, and she forgot her passport, but provided a driver's license. They took the license and ran the numbers and cleared her in a few minutes. No big deal.

But if she had no paperwork and after admitting that she wasn't a US citizen, of course they would have to take her into custody, while they looked into her status.

When my fiancee get's here, we'll make a copy of her passport information page, the K-1 visa and her valid I-94 to carry in her purse. No big deal. Once she gets her green card and driver's license that's what she will carry as ID.

Edited by Varyag

K-1 Journey

02-19-2010: Engaged :-)

02-27-2010: I-129F Sent to CSC via Fedex

03-02-2010: I-129F NOA1, TOUCHED on USCIS website, check cashed

03-24-2010: Received NOA1 Hardcopy (mailed on 03-04-2010, mix-up in the mail)

04-15-2010: TOUCHED on USCIS website, NOA2 (45 days)

04-21-2010: Received NOA2 Hardcopy (44 days since NOA1)

04-22-2010: I-129F received at NVC

04-26-2010: I-129F mailed to the US Embassy in Moscow

04-28-2010: I-129F received at the US Embassy in Moscow

05-24-2010: Packet 3,4 Received

07-20-2010: Interview Date - Approved!

07-23-2010: Visa Received

09-03-2010: US Entry

10-10-2010: Married :-)

AOS Journey

11-30-2010: AOS Forms Sent via Fedex

12-01-2010: Received at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

12-10-2010: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, I-131

12-13-2010: Received NOA1 for I-485, I-765, I-131

12-18-2010: TOUCHED on USCIS website

01-04-2011: Received Biometric appt. for 02-01-2011

01-05-2011: Notified of RFE

01-15-2011: Sent RFE back

01-24-2011: Touched on USCIS website, RFE received

02-01-2011: Biometrics taken

02-08-2011: TOUCHED on USCIS website, transfer to CSC

02-10-2011: TOUCHED on USCIS website, I-765 EAD Approved, I-131 Advance Parole Approved

02-15-2011: TOUCHED on USCIS website, I-485 arrived at CSC, EAD production

02-16-2011: TOUCHED on USCIS website, I-765 EAD mailed, I-131 AP document arrived in the mail

02-19-2011: EAD document arrived in the mail

04-21-2011: TOUCHED on USCIS website, I-485 approved at CSC, Greencard production ordered

04-27-2011: Greencard arrived in the mail

01-20-2013: 90 day Removal of Conditions window starts

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Ah yeah I just saw this.

Insane. And completely illegal in my opinion, can't wait til this is tested in court.

wrong about that. totally legal. doesn't mean it won't be sent to court for validation. expect to see adjacent states following suit within months, and the rest of the country within a few years. this is something i've been predicting for years. illegals get to be too big of a problem and find out just how welcome they are.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

They should be put in jail they are breaking the LAW by circumventing immigration federal laws. The act of being in the U.S. with false, no documentation or thru non legal channels is ILLEGAL. It is not fair to the rest of us who have spent, time, money, absence of loved ones who have done everything legally to have a president or congress hand over citizenship to someone who broke the law. Those of us waiting for K-1 visas, conditional resident cards, permanant resident cards, citizenship naturalization after years of worry, waiting, money for someone to tell us we can or cannot be together and have someone cross a border, tax our system, and put this country in danger and nothing was ever GIVEN to us is that fairer than asking for identification from someone when they get pulled over for breaking the law YET ONCE AGAIN.

Nuff Said,

Me

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

oooooooooooooooooh I have an accent. I'll be sure to test this, when I'm in Arizona this year, after the legislation is passed into law.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

They should be put in jail they are breaking the LAW by circumventing immigration federal laws. The act of being in the U.S. with false, no documentation or thru non legal channels is ILLEGAL. It is not fair to the rest of us who have spent, time, money, absence of loved ones who have done everything legally to have a president or congress hand over citizenship to someone who broke the law. Those of us waiting for K-1 visas, conditional resident cards, permanant resident cards, citizenship naturalization after years of worry, waiting, money for someone to tell us we can or cannot be together and have someone cross a border, tax our system, and put this country in danger and nothing was ever GIVEN to us is that fairer than asking for identification from someone when they get pulled over for breaking the law YET ONCE AGAIN.

Nuff Said,

Me

AMEN !!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I-129F sent 01/27/2010
Rcv'd CSC 01/29/2010
NOA1 notice date 02/01/2010
NOA1 rcv'd 02/08/2010
" Touched " 03/04/2010
email notice APPROVED! 03/04/2010
touched 03/08/2010
hardcopy NOA2 rcv'd 03/10/2010
NVC email pkt enroute 03/29/2010
CIS touched again?! 04/01/2010
NVC RECEIVED ! 04/09/2010
NVC sent to embassy 04/15/2010
Embassy received 04/22/2010
Interview date 06/11/2010
APPROVED !!!! 06/11/2010
POE Chicago 07/22/2010
MARRIED !!!!!!! 07/27/2010
AOS,EAD,AP sent 10/01/2010
Rcv'd Chicago lockbox 10/04/2010
NOA rcv'd 10/18/2010
Bio appt. letter rcv'd 11/03/2010
Bio appt. 11/26/2010
Interview letter rcv'd 12/08/2010
Interview appt. 01/11/2011
Email EAD/AP approved 12/14/2010
EAD card arrival 12/20/2010
Re-scheduled Interview 03/01/2011
APPROVED !!!!!!!! 03/01/2011
Green Card ARRIVED !!! 03/11/2011
I-751 R.O.C. sent on 12/05/2012
I-751 packet delivered by USPS to CSC 12/06/2012
check cashed 12/10/2012
Rcv'd NOA 12/10/2012 ... dated 12/06/2012
12/17/2012 Bio letter rcv'd ... Bio appt. 01/02/2013
Biometrics completed 01/02/2013

APPROVED 05/24/2013

Letter rcv'd 06/01/2013

Card arrived 06/20/2013

Filed: Timeline

The law requires police to question (let's face it) dark-skinned people about their immigration status if they have "reasonable suspicion." It also has a provision allowing police to be sued if people don't think the Police are doing this. It's a terrible answer to a very real problem. It's unfortunate that the Federal government won't get off their collective butts to do something about illegal immigration, but this is not the answer. I look forward to the many many lawsuits that will make Arizona look like the backwards hicks they just signed up to be, and the eventual repeal of this unconstitutional law. In the meantime, my immigrant wife and I will make sure none of our dollars are spent with Arizona businesses.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The law requires police to question (let's face it) dark-skinned people about their immigration status if they have "reasonable suspicion." It also has a provision allowing police to be sued if people don't think the Police are doing this. It's a terrible answer to a very real problem. It's unfortunate that the Federal government won't get off their collective butts to do something about illegal immigration, but this is not the answer. I look forward to the many many lawsuits that will make Arizona look like the backwards hicks they just signed up to be, and the eventual repeal of this unconstitutional law. In the meantime, my immigrant wife and I will make sure none of our dollars are spent with Arizona businesses.

The real issue promoting this law is the out of control violent crime of a mostly drug related cause...not simply illegal immigration. Tucson has become the kidnap and murder capital of the region. Recently, a popular rancher was murdered by a suspected drug dealer which was, perhaps, the last straw. As other states build walls and tighten their borders, Arizona has become the key funnel for drug trafficking.

Saying "dark skinned people" will be hassled is not true. Hispanic people solely will be targets. African Americans or Pacific Islanders, Asians, etc. won't be impacted I would think.

It should be noted that 70% of Arizona's citizens support the law which would include many legal Hispanics.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Nuff Said,

Me

Good post!!! I live in Tucson and i'm so happy this bill has passed! If my husband a (LPR) has to carry is green card till his citizenship

comes, then it's about time for Arizona to help its legal citizens and residents. Our state is finally doing something that should have been

implemented years ago. Arizona is not a hillbilly state as some on VJ have suggested. I myself hope other states will follow.

I agree with you about the time, money, stress, effort and concern that we here have gone thru to have our spouses enter the

states LEGALLY!! If we have to do this, then others should also.

Thank you for your post!! This law is only about stopping people with probable cause and asking for ID's. I see nothing wrong with

that! If you're legal then you have nothing to worry about.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Nuff Said,

Me

I have stated many times on VJ that it slays me when people appear to think that the US, unlike every other country on the planet, does not have the right to screen, examine, and regulate the people who come across her borders. All of them. If you come her illegally, you should expect to face document checks, custody, and deportation - not amnesty, education, and free medical care.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Timeline

I have stated many times on VJ that it slays me when people appear to think that the US, unlike every other country on the planet, does not have the right to screen, examine, and regulate the people who come across her borders. All of them. If you come her illegally, you should expect to face document checks, custody, and deportation - not amnesty, education, and free medical care.

Agreed. But this is a strawman answer to criticism of the Arizona bill. The Arizona bill singles out brown people to prove they are US citizens or face, at the very lease, a long day in a police station getting it all straightened out just because the cop that pulled you over is a racist ####### or had a bad day or hasn't been trained to do his job, or is worried about being sued by nut-jobs with nothing better to do than harass the police. I think most people would agree with your post, but it implies opposition to this bill means opposition to immigration. That's not the case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.