clueless_in_usa

If you have an accent

173 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Agreed. But this is a strawman answer to criticism of the Arizona bill. The Arizona bill singles out brown people to prove they are US citizens or face, at the very lease, a long day in a police station getting it all straightened out just because the cop that pulled you over is a racist ####### or had a bad day or hasn't been trained to do his job, or is worried about being sued by nut-jobs with nothing better to do than harass the police. I think most people would agree with your post, but it implies opposition to this bill means opposition to immigration. That's not the case.

People can easily prove their legal status and move on, just as your wife can. It's called a green card. In most cases a valid driver's license or state issued ID would probably do. Or do you prefer the dead bodies keep piling up so no one is inconvenienced? It would seem many "brown people" want this law given the high percentage of people supporting the law.

If illegals skip getting checked at the border as law requires, then they get checked on the street or in their car or wherever they're found. That's their choice when they sneak in uninvited. I'm sure people living near the Mexican border are tired of the drugs, kidnappings and murder. This is less about immigration and more about border crime. Anyone reading the news knows things are out of control.

Skin color is not relevant, but where they come from is. Mexicans are the majority of illegals. Does that shock anyone given we share a border with Mexico? Can common sense ever enter into these discussions? This is the same political correctness that led the Army to ignore the Ft. Hood nut job until he killed 13 innocent people. Nobody wanted to offend a middle easterner.

Filed: Timeline

People can easily prove their legal status and move on, just as your wife can.

Some time back, somebody around here (possibly you vv, but I don't remember) was railing on how bs it was that in Russia the police can stop you for any or no reason to check your documents. This isn't a straight parallel of course, but it's one step in that direction. This crowd loves to argue the slippery slope, does nobody see it here?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Some time back, somebody around here (possibly you vv, but I don't remember) was railing on how bs it was that in Russia the police can stop you for any or no reason to check your documents. This isn't a straight parallel of course, but it's one step in that direction. This crowd loves to argue the slippery slope, does nobody see it here?

Sorry Mox, you got the wrong man.

But I do find it interesting you would claim to happily live in Russia given the opportunity to do so. Yes, great Russia, a country with the degree of police power to demand proof of citizenship on the spot. Yet you, in contradiction, protest far less police power here in the USA.

Edited by visaveteran

If illegals skip getting checked at the border as law requires, then they get checked on the street or in their car or wherever they're found. That's their choice when they sneak in uninvited. I'm sure people living near the Mexican border are tired of the drugs, kidnappings and murder. This is less about immigration and more about border crime. Anyone reading the news knows things are out of control.

My point above exactly :thumbs:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Alla carries a copy of her green card wherever she goes. Problem? People in this country illegally SHOULD be put in jail, at least ubntil they can be freed from their slaveowners and sent home. Problem? Or do you promote the enslavement of illegals that are unable to demand fair treatment, fair wages, fair benefits for work? Do you support human trafficking of people for low wages, agricultural slavery and construction industry safety abuse? I hope you are not one of those racists that thinks we should turn a blind eye to exploited humans in this country. One of those that thinks it is OK for men to work too long hours in the too hot sun without safety equipment for a white owned roofing company...just because they are Mexicans. THAT would be disgusting if you thought that.

When our federal government gets off its lame @ss as passes a tax on employment of slaves illegally in this country and makes the economic punsihment far exceed the economic benfot of employing slaves, then this non-sense will stop, we will not need to deport ANYone and these honorbale people can go home and live as free men and women...not hiding in the shadows to be abused by industry, agriculture and politicians. Until then the states will have to try and eradicate this abomination on their own.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Alla carries a copy of her green card wherever she goes. Problem? People in this country illegally SHOULD be put in jail, at least ubntil they can be freed from their slaveowners and sent home. Problem? Or do you promote the enslavement of illegals that are unable to demand fair treatment, fair wages, fair benefits for work? Do you support human trafficking of people for low wages, agricultural slavery and construction industry safety abuse? I hope you are not one of those racists that thinks we should turn a blind eye to exploited humans in this country. One of those that thinks it is OK for men to work too long hours in the too hot sun without safety equipment for a white owned roofing company...just because they are Mexicans. THAT would be disgusting if you thought that.

When our federal government gets off its lame @ss as passes a tax on employment of slaves illegally in this country and makes the economic punsihment far exceed the economic benfot of employing slaves, then this non-sense will stop, we will not need to deport ANYone and these honorbale people can go home and live as free men and women...not hiding in the shadows to be abused by industry, agriculture and politicians. Until then the states will have to try and eradicate this abomination on their own.

Crime is one serious thing in Arizona, and I agree that ALL criminals should be prosecuted, especially the ruthless scum working for the drug cartels. Drugs are worse than a cancer and they keep spreading out of control. Why? Because we, Americans, keep using our dollars to feed these criminals. That is the real problem!!! If there were not a market for illegal drugs, there would be no drug cartels and no crime related to it.

Regarding the statements above, I know a few people who would give anything to work as the kind of slaves you mention than have to go hungry in their own "FREE" land. I know somebody who is currently a "proud" and "happy" American citizen that came to the USA as a tourist and worked her way up as illegal, until she got the right job that provided her a path to citizenship. That is what she wanted for her and her children and she did it even delivering newspapers early in the morning for lazy Americans who had to have their papers at the door when they woke up in the morning. This woman never committed a crime, but the patriotic crowd in this forum will say that she should be treated as a common criminal because she stayed in the USA illegally. Meanwhile, the rich people who buy the drugs and keep feeding the real criminals, murderers, and other violent people, are not criminals. Instead, they are "poor" souls with a problem they cannot control. Go figure!

If I had to choose to live with either one of the "criminals" I mentioned, I would be more than happy choosing the criminal who committed the big crime of staying in the USA illegally and working very hard as a "slave", than the poor soul who has too much money to burn and uses it for drugs to feel good about him/herself.

I would like to see how many people in Arizona will go to jail, even after showing the police a valid driver's license. Do you people thing that Latin people who drive in Arizona and are American citizens should drive with a copy of their birth certificate and/or naturalization document (assuming they do not have a passport)?

I would like to see how many people in Arizona will go to jail, even after showing the police a valid driver's license. Do you people thing that Latin people who drive in Arizona and are American citizens should drive with a copy of their birth certificate and/or naturalization document (assuming they do not have a passport)?

I think every one should have to provide proof that they are here legally, on demand, all the time. If they aren't, they shoulf be taken into custody and deported. Most countries require this, and America should be no different.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I think every one should have to provide proof that they are here legally, on demand, all the time. If they aren't, they shoulf be taken into custody and deported. Most countries require this, and America should be no different.

There is so much I could write in response, but I will refrain so as to not get suspended.

The only thing I do want to add is that I am glad that you are not my neighbor. If you were, the police would have been at my door multiple times already.

Timeline

Crime is one serious thing in Arizona, and I agree that ALL criminals should be prosecuted, especially the ruthless scum working for the drug cartels. Drugs are worse than a cancer and they keep spreading out of control. Why? Because we, Americans, keep using our dollars to feed these criminals. That is the real problem!!! If there were not a market for illegal drugs, there would be no drug cartels and no crime related to it.

Regarding the statements above, I know a few people who would give anything to work as the kind of slaves you mention than have to go hungry in their own "FREE" land. I know somebody who is currently a "proud" and "happy" American citizen that came to the USA as a tourist and worked her way up as illegal, until she got the right job that provided her a path to citizenship. That is what she wanted for her and her children and she did it even delivering newspapers early in the morning for lazy Americans who had to have their papers at the door when they woke up in the morning. This woman never committed a crime, but the patriotic crowd in this forum will say that she should be treated as a common criminal because she stayed in the USA illegally. Meanwhile, the rich people who buy the drugs and keep feeding the real criminals, murderers, and other violent people, are not criminals. Instead, they are "poor" souls with a problem they cannot control. Go figure!

If I had to choose to live with either one of the "criminals" I mentioned, I would be more than happy choosing the criminal who committed the big crime of staying in the USA illegally and working very hard as a "slave", than the poor soul who has too much money to burn and uses it for drugs to feel good about him/herself.

It doesn't matter if the slaves WANT to be slaves. Slavery should not be tolerated in this country and is only promoted by racists. People that oppose this law are racists and wish to continue the conscription of "brown people" by means of economic incentive in order that they can be exploited, abused, worked to death for low wages so they can have cheap lettuce and nice landscaping. It is revolting. These illegals are nothing but replacements for the former black underclass which has now been put on reservations in ghettos in our cities and forced to live where the racists "want them to live", like the native Americans. Racists need an underclass to do their dirty work. Democrats need their relatives to vote for them, Republicans need their cheap labor. Poeple opposing this law could not possibly care less about the civil rights of the brown people. If they did they would not want them here in a position of being exploited. It is absolutely ridiculous to "defend" their right not to be "harassed" by police only to be subjected to inhumane and unsafe working conditions so we can get new roofs for 1/3 less. If there is a more transparent and disingenous argument for slavery I cannot imagine it. even the thought of saying they do not want them harassed or investigated so they can go about their work is disgusting. "Don't bother the slaves...hey, it is their RIGHT to be slaves! Leave my slaves alone!" Who cares that they cannot file complaints when they are forced to wrk without safety equipment! Who cares when they are forced to work far longer hours for far less than minimum wage. Who cares that they live in squallor because they are underpaid? They are OURS, dammit! Shut the #### up and leave them alone! We own them, we control them and we will decide who messes with them and it WON'T be the police. I suppose these people who oppose this law also support people importing young women for sex slavery...hey I mean they are doing a job Americans don't want, what are we supposed to do for cheap prostitutes? Bastards. What a bunch of f*cktards! The same people that support a "minimum wage" support illegal aliens working for less than minimum wage. Get a f*cking clue!

The main problem with the law in Arizona is that it will not work, cannot work and has no intention of working and never did. it is more smoke and mirrors. It will drive the illegal population FURTHER underground, it will make them MORE likely to be exploited and abused and it will bring more votes for Democrats who are "against it".

IF the government wanted to end this "problem" (it is actually not a problem for any politician) they would do 3 simple things and then all the illegals would WALK back to freedom and it would end slavery once and for all

1. A tax of $500,000 per day per illegal worker. A tax is important as the government can seize property to pay tax. Hire an illegal to cut your lawn and you lose your home! Hire an illegal to work for your roofing company and you are out of business. Hire an illegal to pick your lettuce and you lose your farm.

2. Require proof of legal presence to receive any medical treatment from any licensed provider except life saving services

3. Require proof of legal presence to enroll in any school

The "problem" will evaporate immediately, there will be no police involvement needed, none. Illegals are here and agree to slavery ONLY because of economic incentive. ONLY. Remove the economic incentive and they will leave and go back to freedom and free health care in their country. We ONLY have a "problem" of illegals from countries where the US offers economic incentive. End it. End slavery now.

Gary And Alla

** yeah. The 4th amendment is for white people.

The requirements should apply to every one mox. Why should we provide a welfare state magnet for the world by granting education, health care, etc. benefits to every person who sneaks across the border or remains past their visa deadline, and then provide the big brass ring of amnesty if they simply hide out long enough? I am only talking about protecting our borders and budget, like most countries try to do. IMO it is important to properly screen and document people who live or stay here, and stop undesirables from entering. If they get in illegally, throw them out. I also think that we do a terrible job of allowing opportunities for people (like guest-worker candidates) to actually get here. Although I have great respect for the legal immigrant successes I read about, I believe it is important that the "legal" is given emphasis.

Edited by Brad and Vika

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Thank you for NOT being a racist, Brad.

Gary And Alla

There is so much I could write in response, but I will refrain so as to not get suspended.

The only thing I do want to add is that I am glad that you are not my neighbor. If you were, the police would have been at my door multiple times already.

Gosh, thanks so much for showing restraint. And you are right.

Thank you for NOT being a racist, Brad.

You are welcome. I also think we should consider giving a pass to recent bypass patients :lol:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.