Emmamama

After NVC receives checklist, how long 'til they close the case??

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry if this question is redundant:

If the following message comes up after trying to login to the payment page on the NVC Website:

"Sign In Failed. - Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error."

does this message mean that the NVC is done with the case and forwarded it to the appropriate consulate or does this mean that there is a problem with the case?

I submitted my DS-230 and civil documents March 24, '10, but still haven't received an appointment letter. Is it normal for a month to pass from case complete (if that's what the message means) without receiving an interview appointment letter?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm in the same boat. The NVC received the check list on April 13th and I haven't heard anything yet and I'm still able to login to NVC payment page. What stinks for me is that I'm currently in Peru so I can attend the interview and bring my girls (wife and daughter) home with me. Does any know if I can request an earlier date (once I get it)?

me too, here in argentina. (i didn't come down for husband's interview however, i've been here for 4 years. ha! :) still, wanna get this done asap.) plus, we have two tickets booked for the latest possible date before the tickets go up a few hundred dollars. if the interview date is after, i might go to back to chi town, wait for lucas there...depending on how long it takes. and then change his date. giving lots of details, but need to talk with you guys who understand. paciencia!! (patience, for those who don't understand spanish) you'll get there soon! let me know as soon you guys have info. and eat some ceviche for me. :) :) :)

Here's the part we've all been waiting for. Your sign in fails! What happens AFTER you get a SIGN IN FAILED?

Check the AVR/confirm with an operator that your case has indeed completed processing at NVC.

CR-1 interviews are scheduled by NVC. The interview letter will be e-mailed to both the beneficiary and the petitioner.

You can track the DHL packages sent out from Portsmouth, NH to your consulate.

Keep bugging NVC till they assign your date. Not too much, though.

You can check the US Consulate's website for updates on interviews. Most consulate's have an interview schedule updated bi-weekly.

You can also call your consulate for regular updates on how busy the consulate is that month.

Get your medical out of the way. The medical is country specific, so check out your regional forums.

Usually, you need 2-3 photographs, passport, interview letter, and your medical records but I'm sure requirements differ.

thanks woman!

Edited by Emmamama

Sorry if this question is redundant:

If the following message comes up after trying to login to the payment page on the NVC Website:

"Sign In Failed. - Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error."

does this message mean that the NVC is done with the case and forwarded it to the appropriate consulate or does this mean that there is a problem with the case?

I submitted my DS-230 and civil documents March 24, '10, but still haven't received an appointment letter. Is it normal for a month to pass from case complete (if that's what the message means) without receiving an interview appointment letter?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations on your case complete! For Canada, that is totally normal. It could take another couple of months to get your interview letter, and your interview could be 1-2 months after that. Montreal is very backlogged. Still.

Check out this thread for Montreal interview timelines.

Edited by ValerieA

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

YES I am good.gif

I WAS NOT ANSWERING TO ANYONE ELSE BESIDES EMMAMAMA IF I WANT MY ANSWER TO BE FOR EVERYBODY I POST IT IN ENGLISH.. IN THIS CASE I ANSWERED IN SPANISH BECAUSE IT WAS FOR HER..

USCIS-NVC Journey

09-01-2009 I 130 filled under LPR Category

09-08-2009 NOA1

11-20-2009 Upgraded status

01-27-2010 NOA2

02-05-10......Case # Assigned

03-31-10........AVR inputted Case Complete

04-29-2010...Interview date assigned via Operator & email received...

06-02-2010...Medical Exam @consultorio de visas,Sto Dgo.

06-16-2010....Interview @ Santo Domingo 7.30 A.M. APPROVED

08-06-2010..... POE date @ Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta.. connecting flight to Washington DC

event.png

Hi guys,

NVC received our RFE checklist April 15...I know everyone says 8-11 business days, but I see some cases were closed after 5 business days??? Just wanted to hear from a few people how long it took for their RFEs to be processed?? I'm dyin' here!

THANKS!

EMMA YOUR PACKAGE WAS RECEIVED OR IT WAS INPUTTED ON THE AVR ON THE 15TH? LET ME KNOW I AM CALLING SIGN IN FAILED FOR YOU TODAY OR TOMORROW

USCIS-NVC Journey

09-01-2009 I 130 filled under LPR Category

09-08-2009 NOA1

11-20-2009 Upgraded status

01-27-2010 NOA2

02-05-10......Case # Assigned

03-31-10........AVR inputted Case Complete

04-29-2010...Interview date assigned via Operator & email received...

06-02-2010...Medical Exam @consultorio de visas,Sto Dgo.

06-16-2010....Interview @ Santo Domingo 7.30 A.M. APPROVED

08-06-2010..... POE date @ Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta.. connecting flight to Washington DC

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

And how about how long it takes them to assign an interview date usually if no RFE is required and all the documentation is complete the first time they receive it, how long it takes NVC after they receive it or enter it into the system. In my case the AVR says that they received it on April 19th , I had sent the package on April 13th. ?

USCIS Journey:

05-12-06 - Petition Sent for spouse of a green card holder (F2A)

05-18-06 - NOA1

06-24-09 - I-130 Approved (PD not current but sent to NVC (PD- May 04 2006)and Case Transferred to NVC

10-22-09 - Applied for US Citizen

02-25-10 - Became US Citizen.

NVC Journey:

07-07-09 - Entered into NVC , case number assigned

07-15-09 - Letter received from NVC saying Case number assigned.

10-19-09 - AOS Fee and IV Fee Bill received

10-28-09 - Paid AOS Bill and - Paid IV Bill

10-29-09 - IV and AOS packet generated

02-25-10 - Request sent to upgrade case to Spouse of a US Citizen(IR1) from Spouse of LPR(F2A)

03-29-10 - Case upgraded to IR1 from F2A

04-13-10 - AOS and DS-230 package Delivered

04-19-10 - NVC received Package(or entered into system)

04-28-10 - RFE Generated; April 30th 2010 - Email received about RFE

05-04-10 - RFE response Mailed; May 5th 2010 - RFE accepted by NVC; May 11th 2010 - RFE Entered into NVC system

05-19-10- SIGN IN FAILED (Case Complete)

05-25-10- Operator and NVC Email confirmed Interview date

07-29-10 - Iinterview @ 8:00 am APPROVED

07-31-10 - Visa In Hand.

08-08-10 - POE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Typically interviews for May would be scheduled by the end of the second week of April. While interviews are scheduled other weeks of the month (we received notice of our interview the last week of the month) those are typically for dates two months forward. For example, we received notice end of March for an interview in mid-May.

The same would apply for June.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Typically interviews for May would be scheduled by the end of the second week of April. While interviews are scheduled other weeks of the month (we received notice of our interview the last week of the month) those are typically for dates two months forward. For example, we received notice end of March for an interview in mid-May.

The same would apply for June.

Can we find out how many days it takes NVC to complete the case after receiving the documents first time if no RFE is needed?

Edited by RabRiz

USCIS Journey:

05-12-06 - Petition Sent for spouse of a green card holder (F2A)

05-18-06 - NOA1

06-24-09 - I-130 Approved (PD not current but sent to NVC (PD- May 04 2006)and Case Transferred to NVC

10-22-09 - Applied for US Citizen

02-25-10 - Became US Citizen.

NVC Journey:

07-07-09 - Entered into NVC , case number assigned

07-15-09 - Letter received from NVC saying Case number assigned.

10-19-09 - AOS Fee and IV Fee Bill received

10-28-09 - Paid AOS Bill and - Paid IV Bill

10-29-09 - IV and AOS packet generated

02-25-10 - Request sent to upgrade case to Spouse of a US Citizen(IR1) from Spouse of LPR(F2A)

03-29-10 - Case upgraded to IR1 from F2A

04-13-10 - AOS and DS-230 package Delivered

04-19-10 - NVC received Package(or entered into system)

04-28-10 - RFE Generated; April 30th 2010 - Email received about RFE

05-04-10 - RFE response Mailed; May 5th 2010 - RFE accepted by NVC; May 11th 2010 - RFE Entered into NVC system

05-19-10- SIGN IN FAILED (Case Complete)

05-25-10- Operator and NVC Email confirmed Interview date

07-29-10 - Iinterview @ 8:00 am APPROVED

07-31-10 - Visa In Hand.

08-08-10 - POE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

8-11 business days from when your last package is delivered to NVC's mailroom.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

i totally feel you!!!

checking every two seconds. will keep you posted. you too let me know!

I got another RFE today. Looks like I won't be leaving NVC as quickly as I had hoped. :crying:

Hopefully you will get your CC soon! Keep me updated!

I got another RFE today. Looks like I won't be leaving NVC as quickly as I had hoped. :crying:

Not that its my business but was your RFE for something you overlooked or missed or was it for additional detail or? Just trying to get the mind set of the NVC...

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!

-NOA 2 Receipt date: July 14, 2010

NVC JOURNEY

- NVC Case Number Assigned 7/28/10

- AOS bill and Agent forms received & Paid 8/03/10

- Email DS 3032 8/04/10

- AOS Package Delivered to NVC 8/9/10

- IV Bill Received & Paid; 8/11/10

- IV Pack Received at NVC 8/16/10

- IV Pkg Entered into AVR System 8/19/10

- NVC SIF 9/9/10

- Case Complete, 9/13/10 w/questions on lack of income

- NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Manila

- Waiting Medical completed 10/27/10

- Interview Date 11/3/10 Wife didn't have NSO Marriage Certificate, No Approval OMG!!!

- NSO Certificate received by Embassy on 11/5/2010

- Informed by call center. Cost $18 Information received- we need to wait 6-8 weeks from Nov 5th FUBAR.

- VISA APPROVED 12/15/2010

- Wife arrived in US Feb 2, 2011... :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Not that its my business but was your RFE for something you overlooked or missed or was it for additional detail or? Just trying to get the mind set of the NVC...

There were a total of 4 issues in my 2 RFE's. From what I gather now with the help of other VJer's, it looks like 2 of them are valid mistakes (something overlooked), while the other 2, I have no clue why they were red flagged. Just make sure you go over everything 100 times to make sure it's done correctly because RFE's are a pain and the NVC seems to be really ####### about stuff!

Timeline

I WAS NOT ANSWERING TO ANYONE ELSE BESIDES EMMAMAMA IF I WANT MY ANSWER TO BE FOR EVERYBODY I POST IT IN ENGLISH.. IN THIS CASE I ANSWERED IN SPANISH BECAUSE IT WAS FOR HER..

gracias nena! ;) ;)

Timeline

EMMA YOUR PACKAGE WAS RECEIVED OR IT WAS INPUTTED ON THE AVR ON THE 15TH? LET ME KNOW I AM CALLING SIGN IN FAILED FOR YOU TODAY OR TOMORROW

Hey lady,

I know they got it Monday, April 12..USPS delivered it then. And the AVR says they received it April 15, 20:10. NO SIF yet! Now I'm creating all these situations in my head that we get another RFE and blah blah blah...!!!!

You know, the weekend is the worst because you have to wait and know that the process is on pause. Damn you NVC, work on the weekends! Hopefully it'll be this Monday!

Pacmtrx7,

Sorry to hear about the RFE. You'll get there soon! I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way. I'll let you know as soon as there's news.

Timeline

The RFEs my husband and I had were the following:

1. I didn't write a "0" in a certain spot on the I-864. I wrote "see attachment". Pay close attention to the tiny details.

2. My husband's birth certificate was expired. (Of course it is not listed any where on the BC that it actually expires.) We had to get a new one, a new translation, and even though I'm not sure if they specifically ask for it, we got it apostilled.

3. They claim tax returns were not included, even though they were.

My advice: re-read every piece of info you submit and make sure you understand the instructions 100%.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.