Moksha

Alien no different on EAD and Gc

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys ,

Ok so here is my problem , My alien no is different on my EAD card and GC . They only difference is last digit . SO i had 8 as my last digit on EAD and 0 on gc .

Can a alien no be different is different card or this is a typo . I always though that the alien no reamains the same .

Any thoughts ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello guys ,

Ok so here is my problem , My alien no is different on my EAD card and GC . They only difference is last digit . SO i had 8 as my last digit on EAD and 0 on gc .

Can a alien no be different is different card or this is a typo . I always though that the alien no reamains the same .

Any thoughts ?

I think it's a typo because you're right, the number SHOULD stay the same for life. Do you know which one is the right one? If it's the GC then I wouldn't worry about it because the EAD isn't needed now you have the GC. If it's the EAD then you will need to send the GC back using form I-90 based on a USCIS error. You won't need to pay because it's their fault but you will need to send the card back and be without it for a little bit.

Personally I would photocopy the card so that you have proof that you have one (even though the number is wrong) and keep a copy of the form sending it off to be amended so if you're ever questioned you have proof you have one, and proof of the reason why you don't have it at the moment.

Best of luck that it's just the EAD that's wrong :D

Hello guys ,

Any thoughts ?

Check against your NOA1 notices - Alien # should be there. If there is a discrepancy just in EAD, I'd forget about it as you have the GC. If it's on the GC, then you have an issue - make a copy of it together with NOA1 and make an INFOPASS. You'll possibly have to do an I-90 filing (no fee if it's their fault as in typo).

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks guys for the reply .

It look like my GC has the typo so i guess I have to make the infopass . So this brings another set of problem . So I have a job and i just made changes on I9 which is incorrect so i have to go back to them and tell them that their is A typo on GC . So question is the EAD still vaild, or its no more vaild since I have my GC . Other thing if I get a new job is it gone affect my background check ? Will I be getting any documentation stating that I had typo on GC and my EAD is still Vaild ?

I have read some where that I should get my Passport stamped for typo on my GC .Not sure what should I be asking them for the stamp for !!!!!! :( I guess this process is never gone end for me ha ha ha or they are making me stay connected with them all the time ha ha

And guys really appricate ur reply :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.