faithinGod

Can i send money to my fiancee?

13 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

i`m the nonUS citizen and i wanted to ask you if we would have any problem if i send a one time Western Union to my fiancee.

Usually he`s the one sending me money but this time we have a situation where i need to send.

Now, what i`m afraid of:from what i`ve heared usually at the interwiew i have to show evidence that he sends me money to prove i`m not paying him to help me imigrate or something like that.

Do you think they will know about this western union and will it cause problems if they do?it`s a one time thing

Thank you

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

I've never heard of such a thing at an interview, though I suppose it is possible at a consulate in a country that is considered high fraud - I don't think Romania qualifies there. They'll only know if you tell them about it which I wouldn't do unless they specifically ask you - and I'd be surprised if they do.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everybody,

i`m the nonUS citizen and i wanted to ask you if we would have any problem if i send a one time Western Union to my fiancee.

Usually he`s the one sending me money but this time we have a situation where i need to send.

Now, what i`m afraid of:from what i`ve heared usually at the interwiew i have to show evidence that he sends me money to prove i`m not paying him to help me imigrate or something like that.

Do you think they will know about this western union and will it cause problems if they do?it`s a one time thing

Thank you

they wouldn't know that if you don't tell them. they don't track withdrawals from bank accounts. :)

11/05/09 - Sent I-130 for mother via snail mail

11/13/09 - Received NOA1

03/05/10 - Received NOA2

03/11/10 - Case entered into NVC system, MNL case # assigned

03/18/10 - Sent DS3032 via E-mail

03/24/10 - DS3032 entered into NVC system

03/25/10 - Received IV Fee bill by E-mail, PAID both IV and AOS Fees on-line

03/26/10 - AOS Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for 2009 Tax Transcript from IRS)

03/29/10 - IV Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for mother's documents from the Philippines)

04/09/10 - Sent AOS Package by snail mail

04/12/10 - NVC received AOS package

04/19/10 - Sent IV Package by snail mail

04/21/10 - NVC received IV package

04/28/10 - AOS accepted (received checklist re:IV package even if NVC received it already)

05/03/10 - Sign In FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!

05/05/10 - AVR message: "CASE COMPLETED ON 05/04/10"

05/12/10 - Received interview letter via e-mail

05/17-18/10 - Medical Exam

06/16/10 - Interview Appointment @ the Embassy (Canceled because of sputum and culture test, 2 months waiting)

08/05/10 - New Interview Appointment

08/07/10 - Visa delivered 2 days after interview

08/27/10 - LAX P.O.E.

Thank you for your replies!

Romania is nothigh fraud, but our lawyer sent us an email with some "advice" and one of them was to prove he sent me money.

i guess he sends that to all his clients!:)

thank you very much

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

03/31/2010 filed I129

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

10/05/2011 AOS approved

I usually recommend that people leave any financial transactions out of their pile of evidence completely.

The passing of money between people can so easily be misconstrued as something else.

If you do that, then there's no need to worry about who way paying who, either!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The Manila consulate has a habit of asking benificiaries for proof of fiancial support from their petitioners.

But as previously mentioned, the DoS doesn't monitor Western Union or banking transactions. Unless you told them you sent money, they would not know. Good luck.

~Johnny~

Thank you all so much for responding!!!!!!

i won`t mention i sent this western union.i wish i knew if they ask about financial support at Bucharest embassy but it`s not too many romaians here to ask! :(

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

03/31/2010 filed I129

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Thank you all so much for responding!!!!!!

i won`t mention i sent this western union.i wish i knew if they ask about financial support at Bucharest embassy but it`s not too many romaians here to ask! :(

[/quot

i had my interview there,they are not interested in things like that...their main concern is proof of a real relationship and telling the truth when you answer consul's questions,and on your papers...as long as your relationship is real, u will be fine...Iti urez succes...

Edited by MichaelOlesea

GOD is Good,GOD is Great,GOD is Awesome!

*K1*(process time 7months & 13days)*

12.11.2007 -Filed I-129F

07.24.2008 -VISA interview. APPROVED!!!

*AOS*(process time 7months & 5days)*

11.26.2008 -Filed AOS,EAD,AP

02.09.2009- AP Received

03.20.2009-EAD Received

07.09.2009-2Year Green Card Received

*ROC*(process time 3months & 18days)*

04.04.2011-Filed ROC(I-751)

07.28.2011-10 Year GC Received

*NATURALIZATION*(process time 4months & 27days)*

04/02/2014- Filed N-400

07/08/14-Interview (Recommended for Approval)

08/29/2014-Oath Ceremony

as1cCDkFg000010OXNsenwxNjA0emx8V2UgaGF2Z

That should not be a problem at all as long as it's legal. And I don't see why it would be considered illegal. Just keep a paper trail, like Western Union, and keep tabs on why you sent the money, even if it was just as a gift. You should not have a problem. If you are really nervous, contact the USCIS directly and ask them if it would be a problem. If you have nothing to hide, you are fine.

Hello everybody,

Thank you

William C.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That should not be a problem at all as long as it's legal. And I don't see why it would be considered illegal. Just keep a paper trail, like Western Union, and keep tabs on why you sent the money, even if it was just as a gift. You should not have a problem. If you are really nervous, contact the USCIS directly and ask them if it would be a problem. If you have nothing to hide, you are fine.

This is rather an easy questiosn to figure out... There is not law that prohibits fiances and fiancees from exchanging gifts or cash, however, it is upto the petitioner to proove that he or she is capable of supporting the beneficiary once they arrive in the US. This actually comes in the form of 1-134 (Affidavit of support) that must be presented to the consular during interview. Without the complete satisfaction of this form, your K-1 petition will be rejected.

HandA

Multumesc!!!!!!!!

i feel better now!!!

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

03/31/2010 filed I129

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

10/05/2011 AOS approved

@HandA:

The question was not about the I-134 or the proof of affidavit of support.It was about the info i had that if the beneficiary sends money to the petitioner the CO might consider the beneficiary is paying the petitioner to help imigrate.

But it has been cleared up for me and since that`s not the case i`m feeling much better! :yes:

Thank you so much everybody for your replies!

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

03/31/2010 filed I129

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Hello everybody,

Thank you

I as always think outside the box. Since 2004 I have sent many travelers checks to my fiancée in Thailand,

not for her basic support (she was employed full time and had a good job) but for something extra she needed,

as I knew she had a son in the best university and that she would never abuse my generosity. She

never asked for money but I was always there to help in any case.

The method we used may come as a surprise: AMEX travelers' checks in ordinary mail, not registered.

I felt comfortable with this because if they got stolen or sidetracked, there would be a full refund as

I had copies of all the receipts. Her name was on all of them so nobody else could cash them without

impersonating her. Thai banks are notorious for not trusting even their own regular depositors.

All she did was bring it to a bank where she had an account and the exchange rate would be even

BETTER than cash dollars. Usually it was in amounts of $500-$1000 and there was never any problem.

The checks were free at my credit union and the money was taken directly from my account to AMEX.

If you ask any banker if this is a good idea they will invariably tell you NO, as they are more than

willing to sell you their "value-added" money transfer services, as is Western Union. I have always

ignored them and have been very happy with the results.

Just be sure to enclose the check within plain white paper folded around it so the casual observer

would not suspect that there was a check within. If you are not in the habit of sending snail-mail

to your fiancé(e), you might send a few trial letters with no checks to see if they get tampered with

or stolen. Her neighborhood had fairly good & reliable postal service, so I felt OK about doing this.

This may vary from country to country. Never send cash.

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.