DanielParul

Evidence for entire period of marriage

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Here is the situation and any suggestions will be welcome.

Daniel was deployed 3 months after our wedding and came home a year later. So for the 1st year of marriage we were really not living together (he was in Iraq and I was here). This is what I have to show evidence of bonafide marriage for the 1st year since I know USCIS would like to see the entire period that we have been married and not just the last 9 months that he has been home. Please suggest if there is anything else I can add.

1.Absolute Power of Attorney while he was deployed (its expired now that he is home but I guess its good evidence of bonafide)

2.Living will while he was deployed.

3.Cards and notes to each other while deployed.

4.Health insurance.

5.Military dependants ID.

6.Joint tax returns for 2008-09 and 2009-10.

7.Pictures of us at the hospital with the baby being born while he was here on his 2 weeks leave.

8.All bank accounts are joint since we got married.

9.His Life insurance with me as the beneficiary.

10.Some utility bills in both names at old address. His old house was only in his name since he bought it long before we got married.

11.Mortgate papers for new house in both our names.

12.House in both our names.

13.Our son's passport with our names.

14.Son's Doctors records with both our names.

15.His transfered GI Benefits to me now for further education.

16.Copy of my parents passports and visas showing they visited and stayed with us.

17.Pictures with friends and family. I have lots of pictures with his family but since he wasn't here, its just me in most pics.

Have other ity-bity stuff too. Car insurance for both of us, drivers licenses with same address for both, pictures of trips as family. I am only concerned because he was deployed and so we do not have pictures together for a year almost while he wasn't here. Is there anything else I can include?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

16 not needed.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Son's birth certificate

One of the most (if not the most) important forms of evidence smile.gif

Edited by Okalian

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Filed: Other Timeline

Total overkill. Total overkill. I mean. TOTAL overkill.

Do you really thing any human being, even one with a very small brain has even the slightest doubt that your marriage is real, and not just some under the table agreement between to shady characters?

Seriously, you have a child together, purchased a home together, filed taxes together . . . that alone covers it 100%, and when I mean 100% I mean that's all, absofreakinlutely all you need to enclose. Quality over quantity, and your documents have a quality that is rarely found these days. Like a diamond without any visible inclusions.

You are not looking for a job where you have to beat 100 other applicants; you only have to show that your marriage is real. I think you covered that to a degree that borders on the extreme part of extreme.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Total overkill. Total overkill. I mean. TOTAL overkill.

Do you really thing any human being, even one with a very small brain has even the slightest doubt that your marriage is real, and not just some under the table agreement between to shady characters?

Seriously, you have a child together, purchased a home together, filed taxes together . . . that alone covers it 100%, and when I mean 100% I mean that's all, absofreakinlutely all you need to enclose. Quality over quantity, and your documents have a quality that is rarely found these days. Like a diamond without any visible inclusions.

You are not looking for a job where you have to beat 100 other applicants; you only have to show that your marriage is real. I think you covered that to a degree that borders on the extreme part of extreme.

:D Thanks Just Bob. I guess I am being paranoid like everybody else who has to deal with USCIS. I will not send everything I have atleast not all cards, pictures, bills, bank statements maybe not even affidavits. So this is good right? Not too many pictures and trips together?

Now that I think about it, I actually feel silly :blush: It does seem like its more than enough to prove that the marriage is real.

Just looking at your cute pictures would be enough for me if I was an IO! I'm sure you'll be fine :thumbs::)

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Ok, so no parents passports required.

Also forgot to add

Son's birth certificate

Parents passport copies - Not required. But if you jointly sponsored your parents visa, you can include the (attested) invitation letter. Include this ONLY if you feel you are short on other good(financial) docs., which I don't believe is your case.

If you made a visit to India together, you can include copies of the pages with immigration/customs stamps from your passport.

The way I understand it, the priority is as follows:

1. Financial co-mingling docs - include tax/loan docs

2. Proof of coinhabitance - lease/home deed/bills

3. Any other docs/bills/letters sent to both with same address.

4. Pictures/affidavits.

Good luck !

Looks to me like you've got everything covered with whipped cream and a cherry on top.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You're good to go. The power of attorney and living will from when he was deployed is very good evidence from the first year of marriage. You have plenty of evidence, although, unlike Just Bob I always feel it is better to err on the side of 'too much' rather than 'too little'. If they are totally satisfied then you won't have an RFE and possibly an interview. Better to make it as easy as possible for the IO to say' yep, this is a valid marriage' than to leave any opportunity for a question. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Timeline

Kathryn

I, too, think it's better to err on the side of "too much" rather than "too little." But why going in any of the "too" directions to begin with if the "just right" margin is so easily to establish? Too much can have as much an adverse effect as too little. Too thin is as bad as too thick. "Too" is the keyword here.

Hence, if I get the order to kill some really bad guy, I put 2 bullets in his head and another one in his chest. One might be too little, but 2 should really do the trick. Three is a bit of an overkill, but . . . hey . . . better safe then sorry.

What I would not do afterward is putting 10 more bullets in the head, cut off the head, burn it, then wrap the body in a carpet and drown it in the lake, hoping the fish will take care of the rest.

I won't do that because the point of a meaningful mission had surely been achieved with 3 bullets. Anything beyond that is just a testimony of my inability to grasp the scope of the mission. And that, as I have outlined on other occasions before, might actually work against the objective.

So, yes, better safe than sorry, no doubt. But it only takes a shoe to kill an ant. Using a rifle is overkill and dropping a bomb to kill an ant simply makes no sense.

Hopefully, I was able to illustrate my point.

:dance:

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. I get the point. Some of the things are not really required and I will not be including in the package. I am compiling it right now so I can send it by tomorrow or latest tuesday. Tomorrow Aditya goes to play school for the 1st time and I can get a copy of the registration document showing both of us are on the papers. Thats the last thing I will include. So I am good to go. Hopefully, no interview :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.