Danno

Town rallies around the man who killed Molester

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Dude, I posted this story and I will comment in any direction I care, if you feel obliged to follow a trend of conversation, knock yourself out.

:whistle:

You may have posted the thread, but you also followed the trend of conversation and posted something that not only condoned, but encouraged the vigilante killing of the perpetrator of the abuse, in cold blood. That's not justice and in no way deserves the support of law-abiding citizens.

I have no problem in you commenting on your own thread. I'd just rather you didn't condone murder when you do.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You may have posted the thread, but you also followed the trend of conversation and posted something that not only condoned, but encouraged the vigilante killing of the perpetrator of the abuse, in cold blood. That's not justice and in no way deserves the support of law-abiding citizens.

I have no problem in you commenting on your own thread. I'd just rather you didn't condone murder when you do.

I respect your lofty position.... If I were in the Jury box, I would weigh things out and conclude, the punishment would have to be minimal.

When people do serious intentional wrong to others which cause lifelong harm, I feel it is "They" who unleashed all these circumstances and I place the majority of responsibility on them.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I actually think if the guy does prison time it should be for having all those years to plan the perfect murder and then he still gets caught, other than that, I would say give him some type of community service and probation and out the door he goes.

I respect your lofty position.... If I were in the Jury box, I would weigh things out and conclude, the punishment would have to be minimal.

When people do serious intentional wrong to others which cause lifelong harm, I feel it is "They" who unleashed all these circumstances and I place the majority of responsibility on them.

My position may appear lofty, but that's only because you start off so low, stating that the guy's crime was getting caught, after having so much time to plan the perfect murder. Tell me how that advocates a law-abiding citizen's position?

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
When people do serious intentional wrong to others which cause lifelong harm, I feel it is "They" who unleashed all these circumstances and I place the majority of responsibility on them

I'm sure Jeffrey Dahmer or John Wayne Gacy, had they committed their crimes today, would be glad of your support.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Actually, this guy understands perfectly what "Government by the people" means.

:thumbs:

Actually, when each individual can become the Judge, Jury and Executioner that isn't Government by the people that is Anarchy.

Timeline

Perhaps Danno means that he agrees with the idea that the justice system should be driven not by the law, but by public opinion and the future political aspirations of local District Attorneys (i.e. corruption)

Timeline

I'm sure Jeffrey Dahmer or John Wayne Gacy, had they committed their crimes today, would be glad of your support.

Seriously, you have a valid point but when you compare John Wayne GACY to this guy,, and this case, you seemed to have lost your way.

William Penn

Timeline

Q: Since it could reasonably be assumed that the guy who killed this molester must have in fact hated this man,

Should he not be charged with a HATE CRIME as well?

William Penn

Timeline

Seriously, you have a valid point but when you compare John Wayne GACY to this guy,, and this case, you seemed to have lost your way.

I made no comparison of the one guy to the serial killer. I responded specifically to the post that I quoted:

When people do serious intentional wrong to others which cause lifelong harm, I feel it is "They" who unleashed all these circumstances and I place the majority of responsibility on them

Suggest you read it again.

Q: Since it could reasonably be assumed that the guy who killed this molester must have in fact hated this man,

Should he not be charged with a HATE CRIME as well?

Way to muddy the waters with irrelevant tripe there Danno :thumbs:

You only have to watch some of the real crime programs to see how often the police are frustrated because the US justice systems demands that the prosecution have to produce evidence in order to prosecute crimes, but just because something is frustrating does not mean that society should dispense with the legal niceties that require the production of evidence to prove a case beyond reasonable doubt, nor should it condone pure vengeance in the form of summary execution. Vigilantism is worse than a lack of justice and anyone who is persuaded that the opposite is true should probably examine their own moral compass and what a reasonable reaction to a perceived lack of justice really is.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .