Danno

Town rallies around the man who killed Molester

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Always? You know that's not true.

With high profile figures - this stuff always comes out. The more people come forward to tell their stories, the more likely it is that something is done.

Regardless - it does not give anyone license to kill someone. As I say, either you believe in the concept of law and order - or you don't. People taking the law into their own hands is demented.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So what do you do if the system doesn't work, or, worse still, works against you?

You really just want me to say its OK to murder people, don't you.

Sorry, not gonna do it.

Disagreed. The "law" (the text and its institutions) is not always just.

The law should be a means to justice. When it ceases to be so....

Noone said it is.

As I said, I'm not going to endorse murder. If you want to do that, feel free - but it lowers you ethically and morally.

Filed: Timeline

As I said, I'm not going to endorse murder. If you want to do that, feel free - but it lowers you ethically and morally.

I'm not certain that murder was necessary here. It is clear to me that leaving matters to the "law" was not going to result in justice.

Edited by w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Note that I didn't say that the guy shouldn't have taken action to attempt to expose the guy, I just believe it should have been done within the law.

I understand. And my argument is that his actions should have been in the interests of justice, whether legal or not.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

You really just want me to say its OK to murder people, don't you.

Sorry, not gonna do it.

Noone said it is.

No, I don't want you to say murder is OK. I do want you to appreciate that things in the US aren't cut and dried and that sometimes, whatever your views may be, there is no right answer.

Incidents like this, regrettable as they are, serve to highlight that however civilised a society might think it is, there are always dark places and that there is always scope for improvement.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

No, I don't want you to say murder is OK. I do want you to appreciate that things in the US aren't cut and dried and that sometimes, whatever your views may be, there is no right answer.

in the US? how about anywhere?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I actually think if the guy does prison time it should be for having all those years to plan the perfect murder and then he still gets caught, other than that, I would say give him some type of community service and probation and out the door he goes.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I actually think if the guy does prison time it should be for having all those years to plan the perfect murder and then he still gets caught, other than that, I would say give him some type of community service and probation and out the door he goes.

And there speaks someone who missed the whole point of this discussion. :wacko:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Country:
Timeline

If the local (city) police doesn't take action then you go to the County Sheriff...

If the County Sheriff doesn't take action then you go to the District Attorney...

If the District Attorney doesn't take action then you go to the State Police...

If you have exhausted all avenues of Law Enforcement then you go to the local media...

The minute you accept that an individual is justified to operate outside of the legal channels then you are accepting that every individual can...

I guess the scout master's family can now decide that the murderer's (because that's what he is) sentence falls short of justice and the only ture justice is death sentence, what then? Where will it ever end?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

And there speaks someone who missed the whole point of this discussion. :wacko:

Dude, I posted this story and I will comment in any direction I care, if you feel obliged to follow a trend of conversation, knock yourself out.

:whistle:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn