perfect

about boys

About boys...  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should boys be circumcised as standard practice?

• Yes - just because that's what we expect
    • yes - for health reasons
    • yes for religious reasons
    • yes for both health & religious reasons
    • No
    • Depends (explain)

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Parents decision according to their beliefs. :thumbs:

I vote yes for health reasons because that's what I plan to have done on my son if/when I have one someday.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

a priest who has been performing circumcisions has been saving the "extras" for years. finally he goes to a leathermaker and asks him to make something out of all of them to commorate his 20 years of doing this. after a month, the leathermaker brings him a wallet. a wallet, exclaims the priest. all of them and it just makes a wallet? yes, replies the leathermaker, but if you rub it right it turns into a suitcase. :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

yes, for medical and hygene purposes

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Speaking as someone who had it done as a baby I would say yes. Cosmetically I think most American women would prefer it that way. In the end it really boils down to the preference of the parents.

Filed: Timeline
a priest who has been performing circumcisions has been saving the "extras" for years. finally he goes to a leathermaker and asks him to make something out of all of them to commorate his 20 years of doing this. after a month, the leathermaker brings him a wallet. a wallet, exclaims the priest. all of them and it just makes a wallet? yes, replies the leathermaker, but if you rub it right it turns into a suitcase. :lol:

Hey Welcome to 4 days ago :P :P :P

Edited by LisaD

Timeline

Hey Welcome to 4 days ago :P :P :P

ah ####### someone done posted that one. grrr :help:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Speaking as someone who had it done as a baby I would say yes. Cosmetically I think most American women would prefer it that way. In the end it really boils down to the preference of the parents.

that isn't necessarily true :no: I don't really care what it looks like because he sure knows what to do with it :lol:

Edited by irishgirl73

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

this is not a black and white issue... and ppl can try to color it that way, but it just isnt...

there are benefits of circumcision... but there are also risks...

it is not an OPT OUT here in america... it is still a surgical procedure that a parent has to sign a separate consent for for a circumcision... infants are given a local anesthetic in most places (not all)...

even with proper hygeine, there can still be repetitive infections... and yes, keeping the foreskin does mean a higher incidence of spreading STDs (and even folks who *think* they are in a monogomous relationship can be affected)... and cervical cancer is caused by HPV... there is also a higher risk of penile cancer for boys who remain uncircumcized

with circumcision, there can be a decreased sensation... some scarring... and there can be bleeding, which would be corrected before leaving the hospital

i work in a neonatal intensive care unit... i see circumcisions frequently... parents are not pushed into it... they are given the risks and benefits and make their own decisions...

i have also worked in a same day surgery unit... and have seen boys from the age of 3 to 65 getting circumcisions done for a variety of health reasons... none of them were ever just cosmetic...

dont judge others for the decisions they make... you just dont know what all goes into their choices

I totally agree..very good, informative post.

I was 19 when I had my second child, my first of three sons. Personally myself, I had a preference for circumcised willies as I would never go near a natural one. But this wasnt about me, it was about my little baby boy that was dependant on me completely and I wanted to make an informed decision. For a couple of days I did nothing but read and read all the pros & cons as he lay in the crib beside me at the hospital. Finally I made a decision for health reasons (many of which are in keltics post). On having my first son circumcised, unfortunately he was one of the very few that did suffer from bleeding and he was kept in the nursery for a few days because of that. I knew realistically though that this was not a common occurance and I did not regret my decision to have him cirucumcised.

By the time my second son was born 5 years later, the air had changed, and cirumcisions where no longer done routinely. I wasnt impressed to have this decision taken away from me as a parent when I felt that circumcision was in the best interest of my sons IMO. Luckily my second son was born with what they called 'a natural curcumcision' and has very very little foreskin (a blessing). My third son, born 2 years later, was not so lucky and had to have a circumcision preformed under full anaesthetic at 6 months of age due to the foreskin being too tight and causing repeated bad infections. Had he been done at birth the risks would of been almost nil, now my little baby was having to go under full anaesthetic which in itself is ALWAYS dangerous.

Have you ever seen a grown man uncircumcised that when the foreskin is pulled back, piss that has backed up behind the foreskin, gushes out.......I damm well have......dirty #######

A parent can teach their boys all they can about healthy hygiene right from a young age and they can supervise bath time, but when they reach teenage years and they are totally responsible for themselves in the shower etc, do you honestly think that many of these teenage boys have the time in their teenage life to be thinking of these things. You can see dirt behind the ears, what are you going to do, have regular willy checks on your teenage sons.

I remember when my father was in hospital having an apendectomy, there was an elderly man in his 70's that was having a circumcision preformed because he wasnt looking after himself properly due to age and from what my father told me, this elderly man now had the start of gangrene.

On a personal level.....One of the first questions I have always asked a man when a relationship developes is 'are you circumcised'. Aside from the very important health issues, present and future, and risks to my health.....I just gotta say ewwwwww to the look of uncircumcised. But thats my opinion.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline

Javier and I haven't fully decided on this issue. I had always thought I would have my child circumcised, but Javier isn't. He takes really good care of his, cleans it really well and everything. There aren't any problems for him at all. I think it all depends on how well you clean and take care of the area. I'm actually leaning more towards not having it done so we'll see.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Hello everyone!

The article appears in today's issue of The Independent, a U.K.

newspaper. ( http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/health_me...icle1217831.ece )

Male circumcision 'lowers risk of HIV infection by 60%'

By Jeremy Laurance, Health Editor, The Independent

Published: 09 August 2006

It used to be called the unkindest cut. But now the head of the one of

the world's largest Aids charities believes we are on the brink of a

revolution in attitudes to circumcision.

Richard Feachem, executive director of the Global Fund to Fight Aids,

Tuberculosis and Malaria, said research revealing the protective effect

of circumcision against HIV was set to change parental expectations and

medical practice across the world. Instead of viewing the operation as

an assault on the male sex, it was increasingly being seen as a

lifesaving procedure which every parent would want for their sons.

Removing the foreskin is thought to harden the glans (head) of the

#######, making it less permeable to viruses. Research conducted in 2005

showed the transmission of HIV from women to men during sex was reduced

by 60 per cent if the men were circumcised.

A study published last month calculated that if all men in sub-Saharan

Africa were circumcised, it would prevent almost six million new cases

of HIV infection and save three million lives over the next 20 years. Dr

Feachem said the finding was one of the most significant in the battle

against Aids and offered real hope of slowing the spread of the virus.

The issue is to be debated at the World Aids Congress, which opens in

Toronto next week. Dr Feachem said: "We know the factors that cause HIV

to spread rapidly in a country - the number of concurrent sexual

partners, the use of condoms, the presence of other sexually transmitted

diseases and male circumcision. Other things being equal, in a

circumcised population you have a low and slowly developing epidemic and

in an uncircumcised population you have a high and fast developing

epidemic."

He added: "Circumcision is growing strongly in popularity in South

Africa and in North America. We see males seeking circumcision very

commonly in South Africa. The news of its protective effect caused a

substantial increase in demand for adult male circumcision.

"Circumcision fell out of favour in North America and the UK as an

unnecessary operation. Following this research, I think it extremely

probable that parental demand for infant male circumcision will grow as

a consequence."

More than one in three boys were estimated to be circumcised in the

1930s, but it fell out of favour from the 1940s onwards. By 1998, it was

estimated that 12,000 circumcisions were being performed each year in

Britain, suggesting fewer than one in 25 boys was having the surgery.

There are big differences between racial and religious groups. The rate

of HIV infection in west Africa is less than 10 per cent, compared with

more than 20 per cent in South Africa, which has mystified researchers.

Catherine Hankins, chief scientific adviser to UNAids, and a co-author

of the study of the impact of circumcision on Aids in sub-Saharan

Africa, published in the online journal PloS Medicine, said: "In west

and central Africa there are high circumcision rates and lower HIV

rates. Southern and eastern Africa have lower circumcision rates and

higher HIV rates." Deborah Jack, chief executive of the UK-based

National Aids Trust, said the research findings were encouraging.

"It is clear the promotion of voluntary circumcision can play an

important role in reducing the risk of HIV transmission," she said. But

she warned: "People who are circumcised can still be infected with HIV

and any awareness campaign would have to be extremely careful not to

suggest that it protects against HIV or is an alternative to using

condoms."

Happy Reading! (F)

04/22/06:I-129F -TSC
04/25/06:I-129F -CSC;NOA1(Rcvd Date)
05/01/06:NOA1(Notice Date)
06/23/06:Email fr CSC-IMBRA RFE
06/30/06:IMBRA RFE mail)
07/05/06:I-RFE reply
07/17/06:USCIS rcvd I-RFE reply
08/30/06:NOA2 Approved!
09/05/06:NOA2(mail)
09/26/06:Email fr NVC-to Emb;case #:MNL2006764XXX
10/06/06:VISA APPT:*ANY WORKDAY 0700AM*daughter age-ing out
10/16-17:St. Luke's Medical Ext Clinic
10/18/06:Emb Intrvw APPROVED!
10/25/06:VISAS(K1&K2s)delivered;CFO for stickers
11/08/06:To the U.S.!
11/14/06:WEDDING!
11/22/06:Applied SSN(married name)
11/15/06:INFOPASS appt (for 3):AOS-DORA
11/27/06:Applied AOS w/ 2daughters;got accepted;interviewed same day(D1)
12/09/06:Received by mail 3 NOA1s
12/15/06:SSN print-out picked up
12/18/06:SS card&Biometrics appt notices in mail(D22)
12/26/06:Biometrics at ASC,USCIS Dallas-North(D30)
01/26/07:Email:Notice mailed 1/25 welcoming the new PR(K1&K2-9y/o)(D61)
01/31/07:Welcome letters(mail)(D66)
02/01/07:Card production ordered 1/30(D67)
02/05/07:Email:Approval notice sent 2/04(D71)
02/06/07:GC's in the mail! (D72)
12/11/08:Sent application for removal of conditions (I-751)
12/19/08:Received by mail receipt notice
12/30/08:Received by mail biometrics appointment for Jo and receipt notice for daughter
01/05/09:Received by mail biometrics appointment of daughter
01/13/09:Biometrics appointment of Jo and daughter
06/17/09:Email:Card production ordered
06/30/09:Email:Approval notice sent
07/06/09:Ten-year GC's in the mail!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I voted yes--for health (hygiene) reasons.

My husband was circumsized at the age of 19 (babies are not circumsized in Korea--usually boys are circumsized at age 12 or after). He definitely wants us to have our future boy(s) circumsized as babies to reduce scarring (which he has and bothers him, but not me).

He also has said that it is a lot easier and cleaner being circumsized and he prefers it. I can't speak to his sexual pleasure before/after because let's just say that he was pretty innocent at age 19.

Edit: I don't think that boys should be necessarily circumsized as standard practice. A parent should always have the choice. However, I do think it's better for boys to be circumcized.

Edited by KJandSH

Kristi and Seung-ho (U.S. / S. Korea)

.png

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I thought cutting the foreskin was just standard practice right after the kid is born. Anyway , I was kind of shocked to know when I first met my hubby that he hadn't been, and it's been the best "zoom, zoom " ever...

As far as cleanliness, just wash it every day..

Had all three of my boys done because it seemed to be the norm, no one ask me otherwise just had me sign a realease to do it.

Having met my husband, and it being the first time I have ever been with a man who was uncircumsized, I wish I had never mutilated my boys! It isn't dirty or disgusting, he is the cleanest man I have ever known. As you say best Nookie ever! :devil:

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

I thought cutting the foreskin was just standard practice right after the kid is born. Anyway , I was kind of shocked to know when I first met my hubby that he hadn't been, and it's been the best "zoom, zoom " ever...

As far as cleanliness, just wash it every day..

Had all three of my boys done because it seemed to be the norm, no one ask me otherwise just had me sign a realease to do it.

Having met my husband, and it being the first time I have ever been with a man who was uncircumsized, I wish I had never mutilated my boys! It isn't dirty or disgusting, he is the cleanest man I have ever known. As you say best Nookie ever! :devil:

I completely agree. Same reasons. :D