nihaoma18

Is what I have enough for I-134?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi all, I need to fill up the I-134 form for my fiance. We got our interview on April 20th. My situations are I was previously a real estate investor before 2008, I have sold all my houses during 2007 and moved to peru with my fiance of 3 years, I live off my assets and i invest in stock account. Last year i came back to the state and open a small importing company, it's in its beginning stage. The company is worth about $50,000 only, I have $12,000 in saving, and $120,000 in stock account with Charles Schwabs, which I have printed out all the evidences. Will this be enough for supporting my fiance for the K-1 Visa?

Thank you for you opinions :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

You are almost there and now you have to deal with the embassy. This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

AFAIK, if you do not have an income of $18,212, you will need to prove that you've got the difference in assets for the 10 year period (or, $182,120). You are close enough that you may be able to skirt by if you can wrangle up other assets (jewelry, owned car(s), etc).

However, you may wish to consider finding a cosponsor, just to ensure no delays.

Edited by K and L

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

10 year period? did something change?

It was, last time I checked, assets totalling 3 times the poverty level guideline amount (times 1.25)

Where did you see '10 year period'?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It could be construe to mean five times for Alien fiance(e) and three times for Alien spouse.

In Section 29, page 9 of the I-864 instructions:

In order to qualify based on the value of your assets, the total value of your assets must equal at least five times thedifference between your total household income and the current poverty guidelines for your household size. However,if you are a U.S. citizen and you are sponsoring your spouse or minor child, the total value of your assets must only be equal to at least three times the difference.

But if it is I-129F and K-1, the fiance(e) will become a spouse very shortly after entering the USA. I believe three times would work but you might want to check with your Embassy or a thread here at VJ for your Embassy.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

ya, it's that computation from the I-864 that I'm referring to. for a USC, it's 3 times (poverty guidelines amount X 1.25) in assets.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

If it is three times (and not five times) then it would be:

[(PovertyAmount * 1.25) - Current Income ] * 3.

That is three times the difference between 1.25 times the correct poverty line MINUS the current income which leaves the shortfall or amount to be made up with assets. Multiply the shortfall or amount to be made up times THREE to get the necessary amount in assets.

Editing to Clarify the other posting:

10 years is the length that the contract remains in force (with some exceptions) between the USC or joint sponsors and the US Government. It has nothing to do with calculation of assets.

Edited by Audy_Rob

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

So I should be fine, right? i believed i filed for somewhere around $6000 for income tax. I am the only one in the household, and I have about $120,000 in stock, additional $10,000 in bank and other misc. moneys and assets?

Thanks

Timeline

Ya, I think you will be fine. List the assets (stock account) in the I-864.

Timeline

I 184? it's for my fiance visa, I-134 is the form i need to fill up for my fiance's interview. :)

Yes, I-134.

Be sure to provide copies of the stock account statements. More than just one months worth.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

I 184? it's for my fiance visa, I-134 is the form i need to fill up for my fiance's interview. :)

Sorry - was bleary eyed last night.

I DO MEAN I-134.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

10 year period? did something change?

It was, last time I checked, assets totalling 3 times the poverty level guideline amount (times 1.25)

Where did you see '10 year period'?

Could not tell you. Glad to know it's only 3/5 (depending on who the sponsor is) instead of 10 -- I probably assumed that since the contract's for 40 working quarters, the assets had to clear 10 years as well.

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.