farah2005

my update

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi ,

i think it s my turn to make some updates :)

after i arrived jan 22nd i had a 1 week homeymoon with my husband ,we drove by the city,did some shopping,went hiking,...i m so lucky that my husband was in between contracts and we had that week together.now i get to see him only after 19h :( .

my green card arrived feb 10th but still no SS card :( i called them after 2 weeks but they didn t have my informations in the computer so i waited another week i called back but the women that answered me this time seems that she has no idea about appling for the SSN as part of the visa process ,she asked me about my receipt number :blink: my husband tried to explain her but she hunged up the phone!! :angry:

so i will go in person on feb 24th.

i spend the day at home ,watching tv,cleaning,reading the Florida driver s handbook as i never had a driver license and where i live they don t walk ,it s so frusturating that i have to wait for my husband to take me to a supermarket that is 15 mn walking :( .

in the week ends my husband takes me to practice driving in a big parking land ,he is so patient with me ;)

i haven t start looking for a job yet .

good luck to you all! :thumbs:

Farah

dev296pr___.png

My blog

quick funny jokes

http://www.mentallyjumbled.com/

01-22-2006:arrived to Miami airport with CR1 visa

02-06-2006 :Received 1st Welcome to America Notice

02-08-2006 :Received 2nd Welcome to America Notice

02-10-2006:Received GREEN CARD!!! EXP 01/22/2008

10-12-2007: I-751 received at TSC

12-01-2007 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-20-2007:BIOMETRICS

1-12-2008-Card production-email notification received

1-15-2008:Approval notice -email notification received

1-18-2008: 10 y green card arrived!!

12-03-2008: N 400 RECEIVED at TSC

12-09-2008: CHECK $675 cashed

12-12-2008:NOA RECEIVED

03-30-2009: biometric date received locaton:Oakland park,FL

04-13-2009:biometrics

06-19-2008:INTERVIEW

06-24-2009:oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Farah

:dance: I wish you all the best in the new life with your husband... and in America. :dance:

Blessings,

Lynne

hi ,

i think it s my turn to make some updates :)

after i arrived jan 22nd i had a 1 week homeymoon with my husband ,we drove by the city,did some shopping,went hiking,...i m so lucky that my husband was in between contracts and we had that week together.now i get to see him only after 19h :( .

my green card arrived feb 10th but still no SS card :( i called them after 2 weeks but they didn t have my informations in the computer so i waited another week i called back but the women that answered me this time seems that she has no idea about appling for the SSN as part of the visa process ,she asked me about my receipt number :blink: my husband tried to explain her but she hunged up the phone!! :angry:

so i will go in person on feb 24th.

i spend the day at home ,watching tv,cleaning,reading the Florida driver s handbook as i never had a driver license and where i live they don t walk ,it s so frusturating that i have to wait for my husband to take me to a supermarket that is 15 mn walking :( .

in the week ends my husband takes me to practice driving in a big parking land ,he is so patient with me ;)

i haven t start looking for a job yet .

good luck to you all! :thumbs:

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome to the United States. My husband is also quite frustrated with the fact that no one walks here. Make sure you make your husband take you to Disney World. There's no excuse not to go if you're in the same state :jest:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Farah and glad to hear your update. Like Rahma mentioned get hubby to take your to Disney World when you can get away and good luck on your driving.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

good luck and time shall help cope up with things

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: Timeline

Farah,

I can immagine what you are going through. The first few weeks were hard for Abdel as well since I work full-time and was taking 3 classes, and he got here right when my research papers and finals were coming due.

He tried to go walking each day to get out of the house a little and that helped, but he still got very homesick and lonely.

Hang in there and things will get better. Just remind yourself that this is normal at first.

Farah, thanks so much for the update!!!! So many people disappear when they arrive, it's nice to hear how it's going.

People *don't* walk much here, and from what I hear Florida is far worse than where I live. Are there buses or anything so you can at least get out of the house?

I agree, your husband MUST take you to Disney World. Tell him we told him so :D

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Timeline

Oh, Farah, I forgot. You are not too far from some wonderful natural sights too. I know personally I would not enjoy Disney World, but we went to St. Augustine on our honeymoon, and Jacksonville Zoo, as well as Okefenokee Swamp and Cumberland Island. If you happen to love nature (and being alone with your husband), these places are perfect. Of course we went in December so the cold kept most of the crowd away, but with not as many people looking for a day of walking around enjoying nature the crowd wouldn't have been nearly as bad as Disney World anyway.

I think you are also close to the Salvador Dali museum, if you happen to enjoy art. It's in St. Petersburg. We wanted to go there too, but it was a little far away. There is also a Marine World where you can swim with Dolphins down your way. You are so lucky to live close to a lot of wonderful places to enjoy nature.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Salam Farah

Today we went to apply for Anmar's Social Security Card. We needed his passport and his birth certificate.

Anmar is always studying the driving license manual so he can prepare for the test once his permanent resident card comes in the mail. Myself I am not so patient teaching him the streets here :unsure: I think I will have my sister teach him the streets here because she is more patient than me, and besides I think I make him nervous..:)

We also only had a short honeymoon since i had to go back to work on monday. I hated leaving him alone but I had no choice since it's our only source of income now. For the first few days my husband felt strange and didn't know what to expect, but gradually he started getting use to things here and is starting to be more comfortable and he also met some of my family. Most of the day he stays alone reading or going on the computer to visit his friends and family. I know he's bored but he won't admit it. He can't wait to start looking for a job but first he needs his driving license because you need to drive wherever you go here.

Well good luck to you also, and stay in touch. :luv:

Angel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
.....and where i live they don t walk ,it s so frusturating that i have to wait for my husband to take me to a supermarket that is 15 mn walking :( .

Who cares that "they" don't walk there, what does that have to do with you? Walk if you want to walk, what's the problem.

12/15/2005 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

12/17/2005 - VSC receives I-129F via express courier (day 1)

12/23/2005 - VSC officially sends out NOA1 stating receipt

01/05/2006 - Called the National Service Center and got NOA1 receipt number.

01/10/2006 - NOA2 received via USCIS website and email. VSC is blazingly fast! (day 22!)

01/20/2006 - Receive NOA2 via snail mail in Thailand

01/26/2006 - Bangkok Embassy confirms our case is in their system (day 38)

01/30/2006 - Dropped off checklist and doc's with embassy

01/31/2006 - Received email from embassy confirming our interview date 3/20/06! Woohoo! (day 43)

02/08/2006 - Received police report and packet 4

03/01/2006 - Medical Exam completed

03/20/2006 - Interview! (day 91)- SUCCESS!

03/21/2006 - Picked up VISA!

04/04/2006 - Fly to USA together to get officially married in US and to start our life there together!

04/07/2006 - Arrived at JFK, C received temp EAD stamp. Drove to MD to live!

04/20/2006 - Applied for SS Card in maiden name, received it 3 days later

05/12/2006 - Officially married in the US! (2nd ceremony)

05/15/2006 - US Reception

05/16/2006 - Applied for new SS card with married name - Applied for EAD

06/01/2006 - Applied for AOS I-485

10/27/2006 - EAD Approved!

Filed: Other Timeline

.....and where i live they don t walk ,it s so frusturating that i have to wait for my husband to take me to a supermarket that is 15 mn walking :( .

Who cares that "they" don't walk there, what does that have to do with you? Walk if you want to walk, what's the problem.

ok maybe i'm reading your message the wrong way, but in case you didnt get it Farah is not from here and it's tough to not only be in a strange place for a woman from an arabic country, but its not that simple as walking here and there - I lived in florida for quite some time.

this particular group "Middle East and North Africa" is a SUPPORT. Understand?

Salam Alaikom Farah YOU do what's comfortable for you and hang in there it will get easier. Best of luck and ignore the haters!!!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Farah,

It will get easier. My husband was used to going out for long walks every day. With all the traffic and construction here in West Palm Beach (just 45 minutes north of you) is afraid to do so. It took him a while to adjust. Also, he has had to learn how to take the public bus here -- which is really worthless. Somehow, he has managed to figure the system out and can make it to work on time. People who don't live in Florida do not realize how far spread out things are in South Florida and how little actual public transportation there is. Keep your chin up!

We are glad you made it here!

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline

well i asked my husband to take me for a walk and you know what,most of the cars passed us sound there horns !i asked my husband why?,he said because it s not normal to walk here!! that s the problem!

Farah

dev296pr___.png

My blog

quick funny jokes

Timeline
Salam Farah

. Most of the day he stays alone reading or going on the computer to visit his friends and family. I know he's bored but he won't admit it. He can't wait to start looking for a job but first he needs his driving license because you need to drive wherever you go here.

Well good luck to you also, and stay in touch. :luv:

Angel

thanks for your update angelk!

it s the same for me here i can t even think about looking for a job without having a driver license :( but you know,i don t regret not learning to drive in my country because it s so nice having my husband teaching me driving :luv:

Farah

dev296pr___.png

My blog

quick funny jokes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.