SpiritAlight

What about love?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

How could I have forgotten this song, considering the title of this thread, my brain must really be fried.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

The love I'm sending ain't makin' it through to (some of) your heart(s). You've been hiding never letting it show, always trying to keep it under control.

Heart has always had my heart.

Ah, and I'll keep sending it regardless. (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

The Muppets!

I loooooooove The Muppets.

"I am Animail."

He's so dreeeeeeeammmmmmyyyyyyy.

Hee, hee.

The word love may have a zillion definitions and applications

AND

the feeling of love is only one and the same.

What you do with this feeling may be different.

The attitude you wish to show or feel it may be different.

Love:

It gets me into trouble...a lot!

And no matter, I am just me being me wherever I go and in whatever realm I find myself in.

I mean, imagine if...

imagine if you just loved people whether you have known them for a hundred years or if you are just having a transaction with them at a bank or bus stop or gas station or grocery store.

Really, what is the difference?

If one loves, one loves.

As they say in Quebec: that's it, that's all.

Everyone is our soulmate for that moment of real (true) connection.

It's each of us, and what we bring to the table.

Who here has met someone and felt they already knew them; felt that comfortable with them?

Of course!

That's it!

That's what I'm talkin' about...and more, actually.

Even without that feeling of recognition, one can just love the other and show respect, treat with dignity, and be compassionate and helpful.

Help-full.

Know what I mean, jelly bean(s)? :D

Has anyone seen or read or heard of Osho (see earlier posts)?

No one commented.... :crying::crying: :crying:

I still love you all though.

Spirit :star:

PS Yes, I will get back to the story at some future point.

I have not forgotten...perhaps with a glass of wine in hand to coax the words to flow...hahaha!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

(forgive any potential typing errors...I'm n the iPhone thingy)

I have a true story for anyone who may be an insomniac tonight.

It's the rabbit story.

There was this lab doing what they do (you know...torturing animals), and this test was for medecine for those that ate tons of junk food.

So they were feeding all these rabbits horrible, unhealthy food and half of them were getting this new medication.

One night, one of the scientists came back to the lab for a forgotten briefcase and saw the cleaning staff holding and petting the rabbits.

So the scientist asked the cleaners what had they been doing exactly, and they responded with the fact they were being loving only to those rabbits that were not getting medication.

Those rabbits were FAR HEALTHIER then the ones they were treating.

(I should put that last word with quotations around it.)

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3

yessssss

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm disappointed the cleaning staff did not free those rabbits. :crying:

And why did they need to come up with a medication ? The simple solution would be to stop bending the elbow. Unfortunately, innocent blood was shed yet again over nonsense.

Edited by Nagishkaw

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

2826483098_59f5234ab2.jpg

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unconditional love is for doormats. I don't like feeling like a doormat.

B-)

I don't think unconditional love means that you remain in a relationship with someone who is emotionally or physically abusive, if they aren't willing to change their behavior. Unconditional love is not an absolute even though it may sound that way when taken literally. If it were, then the opposite would be to place every possible condition on your love for your spouse. If they don't give you what you want, you withhold your love. If you get angry with them, you withhold your love.

Edited by El Buscador

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
I don't think unconditional love means that you remain in a relationship with someone who is emotionally or physically abusive, if they aren't willing to change their behavior.

Right, your love is conditional. Unconditional love is a type of cultural myth like soulmates or 'one enchanted evening'.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Right, your love is conditional. Unconditional love is a type of cultural myth like soulmates or 'one enchanted evening'.

Well, I think the term became popular because so many people exit out of their marriages saying they've fallen out of love, or no longer care for their spouse. So there is the other extreme where we place a lot conditions on our love for our spouse.