brightskte

Visa has been printed, but not mailed.

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kayla, my heart goes out to you, as you know.

Here's what I wonder though, the consulate in Montreal is sending you a VERY, VERY important document within an important document you would think that after an approved interview THEY would also write down the tracking number on your file just in case of b.s. like this. It's a very important document inside an already important document. I mean, yes, would should right it down as well but shouldn't part of the onus be on the consulate? How hard can it be for the to write down the tracking number right on our case files so if it gets lost, both sides can track it? NO? Is that asking too much?

anyway, as someone who wrote down the tracking number right at the interview and was in such a state, I could have written down anything, I think it should work both ways for such important materials.

Good luck, Kayla... keep us posted.

OH OH OH

this reminds me.

When i handed my envelope to them, i tore off the copy of the address label to keep a tracking number, and i got in trouble for it. WHY? The woman told me " we need that, its the only way we can track out packages in the mail room"

So they actually keep this or maybe attach it to your file. They HAVE to have a copy of the number somewhere, as they STAMP everything that they send out / in at the consulate!

HWDWm6.png

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So no news today. The depot couldn't find it and doesn't remember having a package for Mathew.

Mathew went looking for his interview letter and couldn't find it, so I'm thinking that someone at the consulate kept it. Then again, it may be in our massive binder. Making a face to face inquiry would be amazing if it can be done. He DID make a scan copy of his interview letter to send to me so maybe that will work too???

We didn't tear that thing off of the envelope because we didn't know that it COULD be tore off. Mathew had originally bought the wrong sized mailer and had to go get a new one and when looking at the other mailed for where the tracking number should have been he found it. Hopefully they've recorded something about it. It is SUCH an important document, like lgg said, so I don't understand why they WOULDN'T want to have their own way to keep track of it.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

So no news today. The depot couldn't find it and doesn't remember having a package for Mathew.

Mathew went looking for his interview letter and couldn't find it, so I'm thinking that someone at the consulate kept it. Then again, it may be in our massive binder. Making a face to face inquiry would be amazing if it can be done. He DID make a scan copy of his interview letter to send to me so maybe that will work too???

We didn't tear that thing off of the envelope because we didn't know that it COULD be tore off. Mathew had originally bought the wrong sized mailer and had to go get a new one and when looking at the other mailed for where the tracking number should have been he found it. Hopefully they've recorded something about it. It is SUCH an important document, like lgg said, so I don't understand why they WOULDN'T want to have their own way to keep track of it.

The scanned copy should be good. He should go down there early in the morning. Did they give him anything at his interview to say he was approved? He should take that too if he has it. Maybe speaking to someone will help.

Hope you get some good news SOON Kayla!!!

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Wow I read this thread a few days ago and you STILL haven't gotten it? This is gonna give me nightmares until I get mine :blink: Really hope you find out what happened soon!

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Timeline

The scanned copy should be good. He should go down there early in the morning. Did they give him anything at his interview to say he was approved? He should take that too if he has it. Maybe speaking to someone will help.

Hope you get some good news SOON Kayla!!!

He got his little paper that tells what happens next with his K-1 visa. Like a FAQ.

What time do you guys think he should go down there??? Like early early the way we did for his interview, or after the doors have already opened?

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

If I was him I would go at around 7:30 or so. Show the guard the letter saying his visa got approved, but he still doesnt have it (almost a month later). They might let him in, they might not. I HOPE it works Kayla... oh I will be crossing my fingers all night for you!!!! :star:

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow ... I just saw this thread. I'm so sorry this is happening to you guys! I don't have any advice, just sending some good vibes your way ... you're both in my prayers!

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Timeline

Considering that Mathew lives so close to Montreal, and actually works and goes to school there it wont be any time wasted if they don't let him in. But it's worth a shot. Anything at this point is worth trying. I'll have him show up wearing a giant banana suit if that meant they'd let him through the doors, LOL.

Thanks Dan and Ali for the wishes. :)

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Considering that Mathew lives so close to Montreal, and actually works and goes to school there it wont be any time wasted if they don't let him in. But it's worth a shot. Anything at this point is worth trying. I'll have him show up wearing a giant banana suit if that meant they'd let him through the doors, LOL.

:lol: Thanks for the laugh Kayla!!! Keep your chin up girlie.. you'll get through this! Keep us posted on the consulate drop in!

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

we are in the same boat right now and it sucks hard. interview was on the 30th and all the other VJrs that interviewed that day got their visas last week or so. Nothing for us and she is supposed to be coming here next week.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

It is amazing how you still have the courage to smile at this absurd situation :thumbs: ,and we know you must be feeling awful.I really really hope that it gets sorted out soon.Not fair at all!

You deserve some peace ,after this long journey.:)

Good wishes Kayla.

Anwesha

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If he can't get in to see someone, you (the American spouse) can go with him and when you get to security just say that you are American and wish to apply for a new passport. You can bring someone with you (spouse!!) as long as they have their passport. So, the American services (such as passport) are on the same floor as where his interview was. Sooooo, just meander over to the 'immigration' half of the floor and have him inquire...i would just go to the same room where all of those kiosks are where they scan your fingerprints. I'm not sure when you are coming to Canada next, but if you are here for a visit and he hasn't recieved it yet or his visit was unsuccessful, I would go this route.

Sent I130 to Chicago - March 1, 2008

NOA 1- April, 2008

Transferred to California - April, 2008

NOA 2 - March 13, 2009 (lost for awhile)

NVC case number given - March 30, 2009

NVC case complete - April 25, 2009

Email for interview - July 3, 2009

Interview - August 12, 2009 DENIED!!

PROOF OF DOMICILE:

Package 1: sent August 13, 2009

Package 1: sent back August 23, 2009 -more proof needed

Package 2: sent September 3, 2009

Package 2: sent back Nov. 1, 2009 - more proof needed

Package 3: sent January 14, 2010

Package 3: APPROVED

Received VISA: MARCH 3, 2010!!!!!!

POE: Lewiston Bridge NY, March 4, 2010

SSN: ordered March 4, 2010

SSN: received March 17, 2010

GC Welcome Letter: March 16, 2010

GC Arrived: March 22, 2010

Citizenship Application Start Date: September 2011!!

Timeline

We're not married yet and the only vacation time I have left is for our honeymoon. So whatever route he has to take at the consulate he'll have to do it on his own. I can't really afford to fly up there when we have to do AOS anyway. :( booh!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got it today! It turned out that is has been in her apartment office since the 8th, they could not find it the first time she checked but after spending time calling the embassy this morning to get the mail date and tracking number and looking it up and then calling the ####### out of her apartment build and making them look for it, It was found and is in her hands now. She will be doing POE next thursday and then staying the night in buffalo with her mom and flying out here the next day on friday the 23rd! so much stress has been lifted it is ridiculous.

Kayla- If you call the embassy and choose the option regarding a death of us citizen and what not, number 1 I believe, it takes you straight to an operator. Make sure you tell them first that you are concerned that your passport/visa has been lost in the mail and ask them to look up the mail date and they write down all the tracking numbers and can provide you with it. thats how we got ours. I wish you the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.