brightskte

Visa has been printed, but not mailed.

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, you cant call the consulate. And I doubt he can just show up there either. Those security guards looked kinda cranky.

I sure hope the visa gets there soon. It is strange that it has taken so long. Call the congressmen closest to you, and just tell them what has happened. They will ask for your case number and get you to sign a privacy waiver. Then they sic their minions on montreal's minions.. and *hopefully* hey presto...VISA!!!

That's what I originally thought, but was hoping y'all knew something that I didn't! LOL.

I've already got the privacy waiver filled out all I have to do is fax it or send it to them. I'm trying to make this as quick as possible so that he can come home soon. :wub:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You poor thing, you must be just ripping your hair out with frustration!!! Its like a carrot on a stick.. "you are approved...but we are gonna take our sweet time in sending your visa, because we can, and you cant do anything about it.. har har har". I know how bad it sucks to feel so helpless.. and Im rooting for you!

You can just fax the privacy waiver in.. thats what we did.

Edited by coraliesolms

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

So here's my update on the situation.

I called the congressman's office this morning. I was told that I needed to mail them a privacy waiver and then she would look into our case. Not a problem because I had already filled it out and just had to put it in the mail.

So just for fun I decided to call DoS to see if maybe by some slim chance they had posted it as mailed. The girl I talked to today said that our case was still pending because he was put in AP. I tried to explain to her that the other person I spoke with told me that for a K-1 you have to go a step further to see the actual status of the visa and that I had been told repeatedly that the visa had been printed on March 24th. Of course, this lady said that she WAS going that step further and that they were not allowed to tell us when the visa was printed and that it was wrong. She was very snotty. So I called her an idiot, hung up, and proceeded to break out in tears right in the middle of AT&T. Yes, customers around and everything.

So once I calmed down(thanks to my wonderful co-workers), I called back. And after holding for 25 minutes I got to talk to someone who actually knew what they were doing. She looked at it and said that it said that it was transferred, but she didn't know where or why(so that's still a mystery). But she also confirmed that we were NOT in AP and said that she didn't know where in the world the other girl got that from because it was CERTAINLY not on our file. I told her that I had been told before that our visa was printed on the 24th and she said she didn't see it, but then said "OH WAIT!! I forgot there's something else I can do!" and she looked at whatever that was and confirmed that it had been printed on the 24th, but that they had made a mistake on the visa(I'll go ahead and guess they misspelled his name since it is spelled with only one T), but that they reprinted it the same day. After that she saw no other notes. She was very, very, very helpful and was on the phone with me for a good 25 minutes researching everything. She told me to definitely contact my congressman because they should be able to get something done for me.

So now I'm at a roadblock. The only thing that I can do is let the congressman's office do their work and hope that they are able to get something done. :(

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, what a fiasco, Kayla. Yes, your congressman should be able to get a fire lighted under the person whose desk your printed visa and passport are waiting on so that they get it in the mail to you. That really is inexcusable.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Oh Geez, sounds like a very stressful day. I would have went nuts too if I was told I was in AP after I knew that the visa was printed, thank goodness you called back and had someone helpful to talk too.

I hope you get your visa soon and hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you two :)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

I hope yours is more helpful than ours.. our congressmen was told we are in AP, and thats it. Then I called the DOS and they said we arent in AP, that montreal hasnt even opened the additional documents yet. I told the congressmens aid that, and she said she would look into it on the 27!! THE 27TH!!! #######?

I really do hope they send you your visa soon. What a mess up :(

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So here's my update on the situation.

I called the congressman's office this morning. I was told that I needed to mail them a privacy waiver and then she would look into our case. Not a problem because I had already filled it out and just had to put it in the mail.

So just for fun I decided to call DoS to see if maybe by some slim chance they had posted it as mailed. The girl I talked to today said that our case was still pending because he was put in AP. I tried to explain to her that the other person I spoke with told me that for a K-1 you have to go a step further to see the actual status of the visa and that I had been told repeatedly that the visa had been printed on March 24th. Of course, this lady said that she WAS going that step further and that they were not allowed to tell us when the visa was printed and that it was wrong. She was very snotty. So I called her an idiot, hung up, and proceeded to break out in tears right in the middle of AT&T. Yes, customers around and everything.

So once I calmed down(thanks to my wonderful co-workers), I called back. And after holding for 25 minutes I got to talk to someone who actually knew what they were doing. She looked at it and said that it said that it was transferred, but she didn't know where or why(so that's still a mystery). But she also confirmed that we were NOT in AP and said that she didn't know where in the world the other girl got that from because it was CERTAINLY not on our file. I told her that I had been told before that our visa was printed on the 24th and she said she didn't see it, but then said "OH WAIT!! I forgot there's something else I can do!" and she looked at whatever that was and confirmed that it had been printed on the 24th, but that they had made a mistake on the visa(I'll go ahead and guess they misspelled his name since it is spelled with only one T), but that they reprinted it the same day. After that she saw no other notes. She was very, very, very helpful and was on the phone with me for a good 25 minutes researching everything. She told me to definitely contact my congressman because they should be able to get something done for me.

So now I'm at a roadblock. The only thing that I can do is let the congressman's office do their work and hope that they are able to get something done. :(

(((((((((((((((((Kayla))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You poor thing :( Don't give up and keep calling and harassing your congressman, remind them your taxes are paying for this and sooner or later reelection time will come up...

Lots of hugs, and remember you WILL be together. Look at me and David, our journey started Dec 2008 when i was refused entry to the usa, and finally in April 2010 we are finally married, after 16 months.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh my god Kayla, I am so sorry to hear this. *BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG HUG* I hope that your congressman pulls through and gets in touch with Montreal.

Is there a way to also contact the higher ups in the embassy? The gentleman who runs it seems to be super duper nice and is passionate about his job. I wish there is a way to let him know about this horrible mess!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

a misprint? yikes.

There is that 'physical bundling' that still has to occur, before it's ready to be mailed out. If it's already been printed up this 2nd time, and if yer NOT in AP, then I'll suggest to you that yer in a long nasty queue (which of course, sucks loads).

Hopefully the immigration liason staffer can actually get a human at Montreal to look into the case and reply back soonish.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks everyone.

I wish there was something that I can do. I feel so helpless and defeated at this point. I realize that others have waited WAY longer than me, but it's heartbreaking to hear that we're approved, to KNOW that our visa has been printed, but that we don't have it. And we don't know when we'll have it.

I'm going to send Montreal another email tonight. They obviously aren't going to answer my first one.

Also, I forgot to add that the second lady I spoke to today says that when a visa has to be reprinted that the embassy usually contacts the beneficiary about it. I had Mathew check his voicemail and his caller ID and there haven't been any weird numbers on there, so I don't know about that.

I just feel so so defeated right now.

a misprint? yikes.

There is that 'physical bundling' that still has to occur, before it's ready to be mailed out. If it's already been printed up this 2nd time, and if yer NOT in AP, then I'll suggest to you that yer in a long nasty queue (which of course, sucks loads).

Hopefully the immigration liason staffer can actually get a human at Montreal to look into the case and reply back soonish.

I would agree with this, but it has been printed AND reprinted since the 24th. And since people who interviewed on the 30th already have their visas the queue must not be that big. Otherwise other people should be backed up too. At least that's what I would think.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

It doesnt matter how long other people have waited Kayla, Im in over my head at 3 and a half years and still waiting, but if I knew they had printed my visa and I was waiting for it, I would go stark raving MAD!! You are holding up quite well under the circumstances :) I really hope you get it soon!

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

The lady from the congressman's office called me at about 8:30 this morning and told me that Montreal is telling her that the day they printed it, they also mailed it. So then where is it?! I have Mathew tearing his car apart right now looking for the receipt from when we bought the envelope, but I doubt he'll find anything.

It's just amazing to me that they can say they mailed it, but why isn't it showing up in the DoS system?

I feel like throwing up.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Good Lord. Ya, that receipt thingie MUST BE FOUND.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Annnnnddddd...he can't find it.

He was going to the post office closest to him to see if they had it and sent it back, but then he checked his bank account and there's a receipt number on his transaction list for that purchase. So he's going to return to the one he bought it from and see if they can look up the receipt and reprint it for him.

I'm crossing everything I've got for this to actually work.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wishing you tons of luck, Kayla... I can only imagine how stressful this must be for you guys .

My fingers are crossed that you get the info that you need or even better, that your visa just shows up in the post.

Good luck...

:)

LGg

Annnnnddddd...he can't find it.

He was going to the post office closest to him to see if they had it and sent it back, but then he checked his bank account and there's a receipt number on his transaction list for that purchase. So he's going to return to the one he bought it from and see if they can look up the receipt and reprint it for him.

I'm crossing everything I've got for this to actually work.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.