brightskte

Visa has been printed, but not mailed.

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is extremely frustrating for me right now because it's just been sitting there for 2 weeks. Everybody else has gotten theirs. So I wonder if they've lost it or something. They can't hold his passport for forever so they have to give me some kind of news. At least I hope.

I had totally forgotten about the forwarded mail thing until my uncle mentioned it yesterday, so yes we will be doing that if it doesn't come in time.

Mathew is so frustrated right now, and I hate to say it, but it's kind of cute. When I told him what they said yesterday he emailed me back and said "I'm going to be calling the Consulate myself and if I don't hear anything I'll go down there Friday!!!". I had to then explain to him that the embassy only responds to email inquiries now and that if he went down there he wouldn't be allowed in for no reason. But at least he's trying, and being adorable at the same time. My grumpy little french Canadian. :wub:

Edited by Kayla*Mathew

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

is it possible you are under some sort of AP? i know it's not the norm for a canada consulate to do that..course then again..why would visa be printed but not mailed..this is highly irregular it seems. maybe contact a congressman? and get them to LOOK for the passport and file? i'd be freaking out too wanting to call / yell / scream if it were me lol.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

is it possible you are under some sort of AP? i know it's not the norm for a canada consulate to do that..course then again..why would visa be printed but not mailed..this is highly irregular it seems. maybe contact a congressman? and get them to LOOK for the passport and file? i'd be freaking out too wanting to call / yell / scream if it were me lol.

I asked, he's not in AP. The woman I talked to today said that everything was perfect, it was finished. Just waiting on the visa to be mailed.

Which basically to me says that it's lying under a table somewhere, lost.

I'm going to give Montreal until Monday to answer me(although I'm thinking about writing again, but not sure if it's a good idea), and then I'll contact my congressman. Question about that, though. My congressman (Harold 'Hal' Rogers) has 4 offices listed. One in DC, and 3 in my state(one in my city). Which would would I call??? Also, more importantly, what in the world would I say? I'm so weird about this kind of stuff.

Edited by Kayla*Mathew

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

call the one in the city you live...usually he has a person dedicated to dealing with ins etc. at least ours in rockford did.

Thanks so much. I was worried about that. I'd feel a little weird if I relayed the whole story to someone and then they said "Wait...wait...what's a K-1???" :blush:

I'll give them the rest of today to respond and if they don't I'll contact his office tomorrow morning. I could wait longer, but I feel like it's just wasting time. I truly feel like that visa is just sitting there lost in paperwork somewhere. Even the woman at DoS said that was weird because she said our case was completely finished on the K-1 part and that there's no additional processing or anything.

I'll just be so happy once this visa is in his hands. I thought I could quit stressing about immigration until after the wedding but Montreal had other plans! :lol:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Okay, well when I got on his website I found out that I actually have to call the office in Somerset, not the one in Pikeville(my city). I also have to complete some kind of privacy release form and send it to them. I'll be working on that part today since I'm fairly sure I'll have to contact his office to get it straightened out.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, well when I got on his website I found out that I actually have to call the office in Somerset, not the one in Pikeville(my city). I also have to complete some kind of privacy release form and send it to them. I'll be working on that part today since I'm fairly sure I'll have to contact his office to get it straightened out.

Gosh!!! I don't know how you do it but you seem so calm!!! I'd be freaking out, probably giving myself a heart attack...

The "good" thing is that at least there's mail tomorrow, you might get it then...Did you guys get a tracking number for the enveloppe you gave the consulate? What does it tell you when you look it up on Canada Post?

Keep up posted and good luck!

I'll be sending good vibes for you tomorrow!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Gosh!!! I don't know how you do it but you seem so calm!!! I'd be freaking out, probably giving myself a heart attack...

The "good" thing is that at least there's mail tomorrow, you might get it then...Did you guys get a tracking number for the enveloppe you gave the consulate? What does it tell you when you look it up on Canada Post?

Keep up posted and good luck!

I'll be sending good vibes for you tomorrow!

We were so stressed and worried about the interview that we didn't even think to write the tracking number down. Immediately after the interview we were kicking ourselves.

I'm not really all that calm about it, but I am so emotionally taxed right now because of my father showing his true colors(basically saying he doesn't want a relationship with my sister and I) that I'm literally trying to keep myself together the best way I can. When I heard yesterday that our visa wasn't printed I wanted to throw up. I spent a few good hours not speaking, trying not to cry, and most importantly to not get sick. It seems like when it rains, it pours and it's all I can do to put my happy face on and keep my patience about this whole thing. :) Besides, nothing good can come of me freaking out(although I'd love to, and if this had happened a week ago I would have). It's not going to make the visa come any faster and it's only going to stress Mathew out.

I guess I'm trying to see the bright shiny side of things so I can keep myself together. Otherwise I'd just fall apart.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Kayla, you are one of the most helpful and supportive people I have come across, so you really deserve to have the peace of mind. I am hoping sooo much for you that the visa gets mailed and in hand to you and Mathew soon!!!!!!!!!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

I-129F Sent - Sep. 11th, 2009

I-129F Received - Sep. 15th, 2009

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

NOA2 Email - Oct. 22nd, 2009

NVC Received - Oct. 27th 2009

NVC Sent to Consulate - Oct. 27th, 2009

Consulate Received - Oct. 29th, 2009

NOA2 Hardcopy - Oct. 30th, 2009

NVC Letter Received - Nov. 09, 2009

Montreal Sent Packet 3 - Nov. 09, 2009

Packet 3 Received: Nov. 16, 2009

Packet 3 Sent: Dec. 01, 2009

Packet 3 Received by Montreal: Dec. 09, 2009

Received Interview Date from DOS: January 25th, 2010

Packet 4 Received: Feb. 1st, 2010

Trip to Montreal: March 31, 2010

Medical: April 1st, 2010 (Medisys)

Medical: APPROVED - April 6th, 2010

Interview Date: April 8th, 2010

Interview: APPROVED

Visa Received: April 15, 2010

POE - Maine: April 18,2010

Wedding: April 25th, 2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AOS Process

Date Filed AOS & EAD: December 16, 2010

NOA Date AOS & EAD: December 21, 2010

Bio. Appt.: January 20, 2011 (Indiana)

AOS Transfer to CSC: January 24, 2011

Approval EAD: February 15, 2011

Approval AOS: February 22, 2011

EAD Received: February 25, 2011

Timeline

Okay, so I figured I'd update.

I contacted the congressman's office on Friday, but the lady that handles immigration issues was off until Monday. So I'll have to call back then.

I hesitated about contacting them because I didn't know exactly what the timeline is for receiving the visa. But I got on Montreal's website and it DOES say that visa's will be returned in 5-7 business days. This coming Tuesday will make 15 business days. Let's just hope that this means the congressman's office can get something done for me!

I just want my hunnybunny to come home. :(

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Keeping my fingers crossed!!! (F)

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kayla, I hope Mathew gets his visa! Hope things work out. If Mathew is in Montreal, maybe he can contact the consulate to get the visa too.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

Kayla, I hope Mathew gets his visa! Hope things work out. If Mathew is in Montreal, maybe he can contact the consulate to get the visa too.

I thought that the consulate didn't take phone inquiries? He lives in Laval, which is like 15-20 minutes outside of Montreal. He goes to school and works in Montreal. If anybody knows of a way he can contact the consulate, please do let me know that way we can try that route as well. :thumbs:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

No, you cant call the consulate. And I doubt he can just show up there either. Those security guards looked kinda cranky.

I sure hope the visa gets there soon. It is strange that it has taken so long. Call the congressmen closest to you, and just tell them what has happened. They will ask for your case number and get you to sign a privacy waiver. Then they sic their minions on montreal's minions.. and *hopefully* hey presto...VISA!!!

Edited by coraliesolms

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.