brightskte

Visa has been printed, but not mailed.

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Which number did you call to get a hold of the embassy? Mathew tried one number and it rang once and then disconnected.

Maggie told me that you had gotten your tracking number from the Consulate so I've emailed them to ask if they have that type of info for my case as well(I'm losing faith in the congressmans aide), so hopefully they do.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he go to the consulate this morning Kayla? Didn't they let him in?

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

Did he go to the consulate this morning Kayla? Didn't they let him in?

He didn't go today because it was his last day of school. He had to give his final presentation and turn his report in. Love his little heart, he's been going to school for 7 years to be an engineer and today was his very last day everrrrr. :)

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Well congrats to that!!!!!!!! :dance: I know poor slider has his visa and has to wait 2 more weeks almost until he can go to the "other side". Hopefully you guys hear some good news re: your visa soon. Did he try to go down to his apartments front office? Maybe they have it there?

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

I asked him about the front office thing but his apartment building doesn't have one. The people own a complex of apartments so I'm not entirely sure where the actual front office is, but every building has an individual address(i.e 236, 238, etc.).

Hopefully on Monday he can get through to the Consulate and they'll give him some tracking info or be able to tell him that they still have it. Then we can go from there and see if we can track it down.

I'm feeling unusually optimistic today about this. :)

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Its good that you feel optimistic!! Ive even told my husband about your case, and he just said "omg, I would bust the front doors off that place and look for it myself" (meaning montreal). I do hope very very badly for you that it all gets sorted out. Its somewhere's.. just where?

And Im sure if the "worst" happens and its lost, that it wont be that complicated for him to get a new cdn passport (you can 2 week expidite them) and get it over to montreal for a re-print.

Coralie

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

514-398-9695

that is the number i called and do whatever the report a death a us citizen blah blah option cuz it goes right through to someone and and tell them you you think your passpost/visa has been lost. it took about about a 10 minute conversation of convincing the lady to look it up and she was just about to go to "training" and barely found it on her computer before she left. but everything mailed out comes by her first before it goes out. sorry this is late, good luck!

Timeline

Well here's some FANTASTIC news!!!

He called the consulate and did the same thing that cookingzombies did, and he got his tracking number. The lady he spoke to was really nice and recognized his name because when they were processing the visas she said she thought "Finally! A name I can understand!" lol. But apparently he forgot to write the apartment number down on the envelope so they returned it to the consulate and it has been there since April 9th.

So now he has to call back today and see if he can go pick it up or if he needs to bring them a new envelope. If he's going to be down there already I don't see why he couldn't just pick it up.

But it looks like his planned POE and the wedding are gonna happen on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

He called the consulate and did the same thing that cookingzombies did, and he got his tracking number. The lady he spoke to was really nice and recognized his name because when they were processing the visas she said she thought "Finally! A name I can understand!" lol. But apparently he forgot to write the apartment number down on the envelope so they returned it to the consulate and it has been there since April 9th.

So now he has to call back today and see if he can go pick it up or if he needs to bring them a new envelope. If he's going to be down there already I don't see why he couldn't just pick it up.

But it looks like his planned POE and the wedding are gonna happen on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Oh, that is so good. Hopefully he will have it in his hands very soon!

That's awesome.. hehe I can just imagine them being like "yep here it is, hand over that envelope and we'll mail it to you..." while he's standing there, instead of just putting it in his hands.. :lol:

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

awesome news congratulations!!

Now..why the heck couldn't they tell you it was returned to the consulate in the first dang place?? argh.. At least you know it's not lost or stolen!

HWDWm6.png

Thank goodness it wasn't lost.

Congratulations and have a good POE.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.