brightskte

Visa has been printed, but not mailed.

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Annnnnddddd...he can't find it.

He was going to the post office closest to him to see if they had it and sent it back, but then he checked his bank account and there's a receipt number on his transaction list for that purchase. So he's going to return to the one he bought it from and see if they can look up the receipt and reprint it for him.

I'm crossing everything I've got for this to actually work.

I am praying he finds the receipt and/or that the package appears in his mailbox soon.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

He's been gone about 15 minutes now. Hurry up!!!!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I don't know what to do at this point. I'm losing it.

He couldn't find the receipt so when he took the transaction number down to the post office they tell him they can't reprint a receipt or even see anything about that transaction. So we call customer service and speak to a supervisor. Same thing. I asked her if they could basically be giving these things away and not know about it and she said yes. So without the tracking number we don't know where the package is. Without giving that tracking number to the lady at the congressmans office there isn't much that she can do, but she's going to try. We can't prove anything to the consulate. They say they mailed it and that's going to be the only thing that matters to them.

Guess there isn't going to be a wedding now afterall. :(

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Omg Kayla this is absolutely ridiculous!

Is there any chance they tried to deliver the package and he wasn't home? Does he live in a house or a place where the front door goes out to the street? I had Canada Post try to deliver something to me back in Canada a few years back, and they left the notice on my front door saying to come and pick it up at a certain location, but it blew away. I found it the next day in the backyard. So, maybe its possible they left it and the notice blew away, or someone came by and took it for some reason? Unfortunately, in those circumstances, they tend to tell you go to to a specific Canada Post location and it isn't always the one closest to you. Maybe he could call post offices in and around his area and ask if they have anything for him? I don't know if that would work, but it's a thought. They should be able to tell him just based on his name, no? I would hope so, otherwise that's a messed up system.

I'm sure it will turn up :( What a nightmare! My fingers are crossed for you.

Timeline

Mathew got in touch with the Depot that his mailman works out of, but unfortunately all of the mailpeople were gone for the day except for the supervisor. She took down his name, address, and phone number so that tomorrow morning they can search for it. I called the lady back from the congressmans office and told her what was going on so she's going to wait until tomorrow to contact the Consulate back so that she's not making too many inquiries on the same case.

Mathew lives in an apartment building with like 10 tenants. According to the supervisor(not the depot one) that we spoke to from Canada Post when mail can't be delivered they hold it for 15 days at the post office. During that time they have to send out two failed delivery notices, one on the first attempt and the second 10 days into the hold. He never got any of those. He also had signature required but since pretty much everyone here has their visa just left in the mailbox without a signature, Canada Post must think it's pretty useless.

Has anyone ever had any experience with replacing a lost passport???? I wonder how long that takes just in case it can't be located. Hopefully the consulate would reprint the visa again for us, but he'd need a new passport to go with that visa otherwise it's moot.

I wish I could go back in time and write that stupid tracking number down. It's amazing to me that I spent so much time fretting over other things, and the ONE thing I forgot to do is the one that has the ability to ruin my future.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kayla, I really, really, really hope Mathew gets his passport/visa. Dont give up and you have to really stay strong.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You might want to have him write up 10 notes, tape them to the door on each apartment there.

something innocuous like:

'Are you holding any mail for me? Please ring me at 2028093840929 and let me know, either way.

Thanks in advance'

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I hope you get the visa soon. It's terrible that you have to go through this.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

You might want to have him write up 10 notes, tape them to the door on each apartment there.

something innocuous like:

'Are you holding any mail for me? Please ring me at 2028093840929 and let me know, either way.

Thanks in advance'

That's what I told him he needed to do. Chances are they don't have it, but there's a slim chance that they might. Anything is worth a shot at this point, even asking random strangers on the street.

I'm just wondering if maybe when they printed the first visa they marked it as shipped, but never actually sent the reprinted version. I know I'm grasping at straws here, but weirder things have happened.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow...I just read this entire post for the first time and couldn't stop reading it until the end. And I just sent an email to my hubby asking him to write the tracking number down now! I really hope this gets resolved for you both soon. I think you can quickly request a new passport, I think my husband got his in 10 days or so. Then send it to Montreal, they take their 5-7 days to send it out again and you can still get married in June! Best of luck and let us know what happens....

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I am praying for you guys ...hope you find your passport.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-05

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-05-11

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-14

NVC Received : 2009-09-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-29

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-30

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-10-06

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-10-06

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-11-24

Receive IV Bill : 2009-10-15

Pay IV Bill : 2009-10-24

Login Failed: 2009-22-12

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-12-23

Interview: APRIL 9th 2010

Interview Letter : March 2nd 2010

Medical : March 22nd 2010

Interview Result: Approved ... Yohooooo

Visa Received : 2010-04-14

Timeline

Kayla, my heart goes out to you, as you know.

Here's what I wonder though, the consulate in Montreal is sending you a VERY, VERY important document within an important document you would think that after an approved interview THEY would also write down the tracking number on your file just in case of b.s. like this. It's a very important document inside an already important document. I mean, yes, would should right it down as well but shouldn't part of the onus be on the consulate? How hard can it be for the to write down the tracking number right on our case files so if it gets lost, both sides can track it? NO? Is that asking too much?

anyway, as someone who wrote down the tracking number right at the interview and was in such a state, I could have written down anything, I think it should work both ways for such important materials.

Good luck, Kayla... keep us posted.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm sure you thought about this also - but - since he lives in Montreal - there's bound to be some way he can enter the Consulate and make a face to face inquiry. Yes? No? grrrr

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Egads, he lives in Montreal? Absolutely he should go down there (with his original interview letter at least) and see if he can talk to someone to have them double check that they have REALLY sent it out!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.