Olive♥

VISA in hand-job in home country dilema

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

A Moroccan friend of ours has finally recieved his visa to join his Moroccan wife in the USA. Wife aquired her visa several years prior via the visa lottery. They are childhood sweethearts and have been a couple for many many years in morocco (to validify their sincerity for any doubters LOL) Any ways the husband has been employed in morocco for a company for the last 12 years and his boss just told him that he can not get released from his work contract for another 3 years or he will lose his retirement benefits ($500 a month). Here is his question:

He would like to go back to morocco and stay for work to finish out the remaining 3 years of the contract, returning to spend time with his wife in the USA for a few weeks every 5-6 mos. How will this effect his visa? Will the NVC/USCIS understand this situation if he gets written documants/explainations from his boss in morocco etc. OR should he trash his 12 years of work for this company and just cut his losses???? Thanks Guys ahead of time

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

A Moroccan friend of ours has finally recieved his visa to join his Moroccan wife in the USA. Wife aquired her visa several years prior via the visa lottery. They are childhood sweethearts and have been a couple for many many years in morocco (to validify their sincerity for any doubters LOL) Any ways the husband has been employed in morocco for a company for the last 12 years and his boss just told him that he can not get released from his work contract for another 3 years or he will lose his retirement benefits ($500 a month). Here is his question:

He would like to go back to morocco and stay for work to finish out the remaining 3 years of the contract, returning to spend time with his wife in the USA for a few weeks every 5-6 mos. How will this effect his visa? Will the NVC/USCIS understand this situation if he gets written documants/explainations from his boss in morocco etc. OR should he trash his 12 years of work for this company and just cut his losses???? Thanks Guys ahead of time

he has to spend more time in the US then abroad or he will lose his greencard. This means more then 6 months in the US.

Personally, I would let the job go He can start to build retirement here. The added bonus is that he will be with his wife.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

$500.00 a month is not worth it IMO.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree. If he's going to start his life here, just do it. I know the $500 per month is hard to let go, but imagine leaving it up to chance if he loses his greencard. How long would it take to get back? As the old saying goes...a bird in hand is better than 3 in the bush.

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would just forget the job…don’t be dumb … :bonk: … life is to to short and “I would not waste time form a loved one just cause of a job that pays money ill spend the next day“. B-) .. Tell the her man to Go hold his wife and start his life.

get a Job here.. i think of most people that have the chance to leave and the cry about there jobs and so on i feel some times they really do want to leave could be cheating but i know thats way way :ot: lol... JUST tell the LITTLE FELLA to come and for get about that job and he better be here in a week....

Aya'S most most Happy man JOHN :P:rofl:

PS thank you all for the support you have gave my Aya.... my hat is off to every one thank you..... :ot2:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

PS thank you all for the support you have gave my Aya.... my hat is off to every one thank you..... :ot2:

Welcome to MENA John :ot2:

Edited by illnevergetthis

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline

:whistle: taking over now :lol::dance:

JOHN

Edited by Aya&John

ROC Timeline

Timeline

he has to spend more time in the US then abroad or he will lose his greencard. This means more then 6 months in the US.

Personally, I would let the job go He can start to build retirement here. The added bonus is that he will be with his wife.

What visa does the husband hold currently?

This is not 100% correct. You cannot leave the US for >6 months per year (once you come back the 6 month duration is reset) or >1 without Reentry Permit or he loses his PR: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3f443a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=3f443a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

That said, PR is to reside in the US...but some people in situations such as this guy, can work with the PR and come back to the US and leave again in order to maintain their status.

He will also need to look at the physical presence test if he would like to apply for US Citizenship in the future

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a0ffa3ac86aa3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=a0ffa3ac86aa3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD for example, if he spent considerable time (Must be physically present in the United States for at least 18 months out of the 3 years immediately preceding the date of filing the application for Naturalization based on Marriage to USC) outside the US after obtaining his PR, then while the 3 year rule for Citizenship based on being married to a US Citizen, the physical presence has not been met.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would just forget the job…don't be dumb … headbonk.gif … life is to to short and "I would not waste time form a loved one just cause of a job that pays money ill spend the next day". cool.gif .. Tell the her man to Go hold his wife and start his life.

get a Job here.. i think of most people that have the chance to leave and the cry about there jobs and so on i feel some times they really do want to leave could be cheating but i know thats way way offtopic45vn.gif lol... JUST tell the LITTLE FELLA to come and for get about that job and he better be here in a week....

Aya'S most most Happy man JOHN tongue.gifrofl.gif

PS thank you all for the support you have gave my Aya.... my hat is off to every one thank you..... Off-Topic2.gif

I'm in agreement with John. Even though $500 may seem like alot to him now, once in the US, it doesn't amount to squat. At least the sooner he is here, the quicker he can start rebuilding his future. Plus be with his wife.

Welcome to MENA JOHN!!

We love Aya!!!luv.gif

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Just a question, is the retirement 500 dollars a mth for every month of the 12yrs he worked ... or 500 dollars a mth just for the remaining 3yrs? 72,000 dollars is a lot to let go of if it was the first. Is there any way that his wife could go be with him for the 3yrs and then move to the usa together after his contract is finished? JAT.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Just a question, is the retirement 500 dollars a mth for every month of the 12yrs he worked ... or 500 dollars a mth just for the remaining 3yrs? 72,000 dollars is a lot to let go of if it was the first. Is there any way that his wife could go be with him for the 3yrs and then move to the usa together after his contract is finished? JAT.

Even if it is 500/month for the remaining 3 years...that's 18,000, still not something to so nonchalantly forget about. Heck, depending on the location, that's a nice down-payment on a house or just a good start to a nest egg. How many can say in today's economy that they are saving $500 a month? I agree, maybe the wife can join him there while he finishes his work contract at least for a portion of the year.

Not to be crass, but I need to stop speed reading. :blink:

I speed read it the same way as well. :D

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

I'm in agreement with John. Even though $500 may seem like alot to him now, once in the US, it doesn't amount to squat. At least the sooner he is here, the quicker he can start rebuilding his future. Plus be with his wife.

Welcome to MENA JOHN!!

We love Aya!!!luv.gif

Yes yes like i said befor tell the little Fella to be on the next plane out :dance: and i mean No harm in saying little Fella by the way its just a metafor... :yes: Well ill give the keyboard back to my Aya she is better at this. I hope this man sees what is right and wants to come to his lady..

JOHN

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.