Alla

APRIL 2010 FILERS

2,490 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline

Nice! You had to wait so much longer than me to get the appointment, but you got it done before I had mine. They rejected my walk in. I'm gonna have to wait till Wednesday to do mine. By the way, does anyone know if you can join the military with a conditional green card? I know some have, but others say you can't.

yes u can

i might join the airforce except my husband is in the army apparently they dotn allow that

anyway yes u can they need people more than ever n take a job with bonus

if u have a BA u cn get in as an e3

APRIL 19/10 - aos package sent

april 21/10- package received day 1

april 26/10- NOA S sent 5dys

april30/10- NOA S hardcopies received 9 dys

may 10th/10- got RFE ahhhhhhhhhh 19 dys

may 12th/10- sent evidence 21 days

may 17th/10-received 26 dys

may19th/10- I-485 touched 28 dys

may 24/10- got biometrics letter for june/17th 33 days

may 25/10- biometrics WALK IN done 34days

may26/10- i-131 touched 35 dys

june 7/10- 2nd RFE AHHHHHHHHHHHH 46dys

june 10-RFE response sent bck 49 dys

june 15- RFE RECEIVED 54 dys

june 16- EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED 55 dys

june 17/10- actual biometrics 56 dys

june 17- i131/ i130 touched

june 18-i485 touched 57 dys

june 22nd-AP RECEIVED N APPROVED!!!/765 touched 61 dys

june 24- 765 touched...again..?? 63 dys

june 25- INTERVIEW LETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTER! 64 dys

july 29th- INTERVIEW DAY at 14h30 san antonio tx DAY 99 AKA 3mnths 8 days approooooooovedddddddddddddd

Timeline

I'm pretty sure you don't even have to be a resident. I know it is a door to residency/citizenship for some. The local recruitment office will be able to tell you. If you don't have one in your area, check out the local high schools to see if they have JrROTC programs. The ROTC director could probably tell you as well, or at least put you in touch with someone who could.

u cnt be as a non resident

sometimes u cn get a hook up with ur recruiter, u ll have to know him

they r hook ups everywhere but in a year u cn get citizenship

I think Wednesday before noon and afternoon are the best times... Vanessa & I both did ours around 10:30 & 11:00 and were successful... So as long as you go on a Wed is good; actually I overheard the guys bragging about only having one or two appts per hour as compared to other days (if that helps) :thumbs:

clled my congressman he wil help

even tho he is rep lol

july 29th- INTERVIEW DAY at 14h30 san antonio tx DAY 99 AKA 3mnths 8 days approooooooovedddddddddddddd

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

COngrats MP0009, I did mine too today. The security allowed me to do given the distance, appt time etc... God is good :innocent:

yay!! Yea i see that no matter the state Wed seems the best day to do it! Good thing Im on here, otherwise I would have never known that i could do it early or that i can go to a diff location!! Yay for being informed! lool

See Besaangel you caught up to ppl who got their appnt letter earlier, way to go!!

No, I'm adjusting from a tourist visa so it's the same situation.

At least you got your biometrics appointement, 'cause i ain't got nothing since the noa's sad.gif

I live in Orange county, California, and I have no idea if the state is busy or not. The only thing i know is that they forgot me in the process

headbonk.gif

Hmmm maybe cuz ur further away on the west coast? Hang in there, it will get there!!

Well the good news is that I think the california centers has one of the faster processing times once your case gets transferred :) Once you get the biometric letter, try to do a walkin fast to make up for the time. Good Luck!

:ot: I bet the USCIS ppl hate forums like this lol, they are probably thinking damn it people just come to your scheduled appnts instead of bothering us!! hehe all well

I reviewed and did everything right: we showed proof of continuing pay (of course it's legal) and everything. =(

Well i thought i was legally working 2cuz i was payin taxes but i was wrong. So she came in on a visa that allowed her to work in the US for a infinite amount of time? I spoke to someone at a agency fillig the papers and they said they rarely accept the intending immigrants income and its hard to sponsor yourself and its safer to get a co sponsor. Maybe you guys should look into a co sponsor signing? But i know its different in diff situations. Try googling free immigration help NYC or free immigration legal advice NYC there are alot of agencies call a few of them to get their point of views.

GOod Luck!

:ot2::thumbs:

OooOo my I485 and I765 got touched yesterday, its probably updated because of the biometrics, Im always hoping this signals progress :D;)

Timeline

I called a customer service today and they said that my case wasn't even transferred yet to local office. So my interview letter isn't coming soon. :(

Arent they supposed to transfer to a local office right after biometrics? I am amazed that you resist calling them every couple of days have it on speed dial and be like "ummm have you transferred my case yet?" lol

jk! i dont think they would like that, because I bet they can see if you call to many times.

Keep hanging in there Alla!! (L)(F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Arent they supposed to transfer to a local office right after biometrics? I am amazed that you resist calling them every couple of days have it on speed dial and be like "ummm have you transferred my case yet?" lol

jk! i dont think they would like that, because I bet they can see if you call to many times.

Keep hanging in there Alla!! (L)(F)

I called them once (couldn't log in into my account) and not going anymore. I don't think they are any help at all. I read that they don't have access to such details (like transferring cases). I don't want to make an infopass just to figure out what's going on. I will wait. It's been only 30 days and for my city it takes much longer. I'm just hoping that I could at least get an EAD and start working. :yes:

So I see now you can start your countdown for interview letter. The earliest is 12 days. Good luck!! :luv:

Timeline

I called them once (couldn't log in into my account) and not going anymore. I don't think they are any help at all. I read that they don't have access to such details (like transferring cases). I don't want to make an infopass just to figure out what's going on. I will wait. It's been only 30 days and for my city it takes much longer. I'm just hoping that I could at least get an EAD and start working. :yes:

So I see now you can start your countdown for interview letter. The earliest is 12 days. Good luck!! :luv:

You are absolutely right!! No point in calling and making yourself crazy since they prob cant tell you muuch anyway.

Yep the countdown has started, this is the real wait time. LoL i am also looking at timelines in March and February fillers to get a approximate of waiting times!

Its been over 3 weeks already and i think there has been already alot of progress, seems like i just sent it in a couple of days ago! I am also waiting for EAD and so i can get a ss and that darned drivers license lol

We will see! just gotta stay cool B-):P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for all the info!! Walaa was gonna go Monday morning.. I'll just tell him to wait till Wednesday and I'll go with him at 9:30. Cross your fingers. I hope he gets in.

Alla I hope you get you letter soon, you were the first one. *hugs*

Also anyone get 2 biometric appointment letters?? The are exactly the same, we got the second one on tuesday. I just thought OMG ppl don't get things screwed up!

Edited by Jannah1208

03/26/2010: Got married at the Masjid :P

04/19/2010: Finished with Civil Surgeon form

04/26/2010: I-130, I-485, I-765 package sent

4/29/2010: Package recieved; delivery confirmation USPS :)(Day 1)

5/6/2010: Checks cashed! (Day 7)

5/10/2010 Hard copy NOA's on my son's b-day :)(Day 11)

5/15/2010 Biometrics letter (7-7), found out we are pregnant :)(Day 16)

5/26/2010 Biometrics walk-in done (Day 27)

6/21/2010 Interview Letter (Day 53)

07/13/10 - EAD Approved (Production notice)(Day 75)

7/28/2010 Interview 11 AM (Day 90)

WAITING FOR DECISION

8/23/2010 Info pass

8/24/2010 APPROVED- CARD PRODUCTION

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.

1/11/11- Baby ADAM was born :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, I'm adjusting from a tourist visa so it's the same situation.

At least you got your biometrics appointement, 'cause i ain't got nothing since the noa's sad.gif

I live in Orange county, California, and I have no idea if the state is busy or not. The only thing i know is that they forgot me in the process

headbonk.gif

Me too :crying: , we filed on the same day (April 26,2010) and I still have no biometrics. It SUCKS to have some else control your life (so to speak). I live in NYC, I know it's busy here, but COME ON, it's been over 3wks!! I personally think it's luck. I'm trying to focus on other things in the mean time.

AOS from Canadian Visitor....

02/22/2010 - Got Married.

04/24/2010 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 to Chicago Lockbox

04/26/2010 - Package received in Chicago @ 10.16 AM by K Walker (Day 01)

04/30/2010 - Both cheques cashed / Entered in USCIS system (Day 05)

05/04/2010 - Received all 4 NOA's dated April 30, 2010 (Day 09)

05/24/2010 - Biometric letter received (FINALLY!!!)(Day 29)

06/02/2010 - Biometrics walk in DONE!!! (Day 38)

06/17/2010 - "Original" Biometrics appointment (Day 53)

06/21/2010 - Interview letter (dated June 17, 2010) (Day 57)

07/07/2010 - Approval AP (I-131) (Day 73)

07/09/2010 - 1st EAD (I-765) Card Production Order (Day 75)

07/14/2010 - 2nd EAD (I-765) Card Production Order (Day 80)

07/15/2010 - Received AP (where's my EAD??) (Day 81)

07/26/2010 - Received EAD (Day 92)

07/27/2010 - GC Interview @ 2.30pm APPROVED!!! (Day 93) (3 mths and 3 days)

07/27/2010 - Passport stamp received (I-551)

07/31/2010 - welcome letter and I-130 aproval (Day 97)

08/05/2010 - Received SSN card

08/07/2010 - RECEIVED GREEN CARD! (Day 104)

ROC

04/28/2012 - Removal of Condition window opens

07/02/2012 - Sent out ROC package

07/05/2012 - Package received @ VSC

07/06/2012 - NOA1 received

07/10/2012 - Chq cashed

Timeline

ps: haha omg :bonk::bonk:

just saw the link you posted on the other forum

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php?history=180

Avg. Days btw Biometrics and Interview

Atlanta 42

New York City 85

:bonk: Yea i think i should arm myself with ALOT ALOT of patience!!!

im thinking thought that is counted inculding the original biometrics so since i went early i am thinkin -15 days so 85-15= (drum roll please) 70 days for interview letter!! haha

Well see my avr is twice urs! seems like atlanta has of the shortest times actually, but as always you know how statistics can be. Atlanta is only based on 3 cases, and NYC based on 7 in the last 180 days, but when you click based on ALL it seems atlanta goes way down becuase its 177 and New york was 122 based on all.

But still i find my 85 days pretty funny (in a sad depressing kind of way).... :crying::rofl::huh:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

ps: haha omg :bonk::bonk:

just saw the link you posted on the other forum

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php?history=180

Avg. Days btw Biometrics and Interview

Atlanta 42

New York City 85

:bonk: Yea i think i should arm myself with ALOT ALOT of patience!!!

im thinking thought that is counted inculding the original biometrics so since i went early i am thinkin -15 days so 85-15= (drum roll please) 70 days for interview letter!! haha

Well see my avr is twice urs! seems like atlanta has of the shortest times actually, but as always you know how statistics can be. Atlanta is only based on 3 cases, and NYC based on 7 in the last 180 days, but when you click based on ALL it seems atlanta goes way down becuase its 177 and New york was 122 based on all.

But still i find my 85 days pretty funny (in a sad depressing kind of way).... :crying::rofl::huh:

Lol I know it's not accurate but at least something to compare to. You can see how it all depends on cities. I thought they counted from the day biometrics were taken till the interview notice. Also I was thinking may be it depends on how easy the case is or overstay. A lot of people get their interview notice in about 20 days. But it mostly west coast.

I have no patience... I keep thinking that they don't like me :D

Timeline

Me too :crying: , we filed on the same day (April 26,2010) and I still have no biometrics. It SUCKS to have some else control your life (so to speak). I live in NYC, I know it's busy here, but COME ON, it's been over 3wks!! I personally think it's luck. I'm trying to focus on other things in the mean time.

Cool we both live in NYC and filled the same day! YEA but i guess that means very little becuase look same cities and such a discrepency. Are you also adjusting from a tourist visa?

When you do get a Biometric try to do a walkin. I would recommend dwnt manhattan, i was not schduled there, tried queens 1st and they rejected me, but manhtattan on wednesday at 10-11 said they didnt liked to do that but they let me in, so its based on luck.

Just to let you know, statistically Avg. Days btw Biometrics and Interview for NYC is 85 days.

Avr total days from start to interview is 117. So we need patience!! :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yay!! Yea i see that no matter the state Wed seems the best day to do it! Good thing Im on here, otherwise I would have never known that i could do it early or that i can go to a diff location!! Yay for being informed! lool

See Besaangel you caught up to ppl who got their appnt letter earlier, way to go!!

GOod Luck!

:ot2::thumbs:

OooOo my I485 and I765 got touched yesterday, its probably updated because of the biometrics, Im always hoping this signals progress :D;)

Now the long waiting begins

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Yes I agree. I also did my walk-in on Wed :thumbs:

ROC

04/27/2012 Sent ROC package to CSC

04/30/2012 Delivery Confirmed USPS

05/12/2012 NOA1 Received. Receipt Date 04/30/2012

07/05/2012 Biometrics Received

11/21/2012 ROC Approved (Thank you Lord!)

12/01/2012 Green Card Received

Timeline

Cool we both live in NYC and filled the same day! YEA but i guess that means very little becuase look same cities and such a discrepency. Are you also adjusting from a tourist visa?

When you do get a Biometric try to do a walkin. I would recommend dwnt manhattan, i was not schduled there, tried queens 1st and they rejected me, but manhtattan on wednesday at 10-11 said they didnt liked to do that but they let me in, so its based on luck.

Just to let you know, statistically Avg. Days btw Biometrics and Interview for NYC is 85 days.

Avr total days from start to interview is 117. So we need patience!! :bonk:

my package was received 5 days before you two and mine isnt coming yet

i think its a lil worst lol

Timeline

Thanks for all the info!! Walaa was gonna go Monday morning.. I'll just tell him to wait till Wednesday and I'll go with him at 9:30. Cross your fingers. I hope he gets in.

Alla I hope you get you letter soon, you were the first one. *hugs*

Also anyone get 2 biometric appointment letters?? The are exactly the same, we got the second one on tuesday. I just thought OMG ppl don't get things screwed up!

yea i got two appnt letters, same time same place, identical, one is for i765 and the other for i485. They take one and stamp it and give it back to you and they cross the other one out and give it back to you anyway. But i would bring the two.

ps: congratz on the pregnancy, hope it goes smooth and feel good. You cant stress out now so keep calm and enjoy this time ! :)

and your belly will be great evidance for a bona fide marriage on the interview hehehehe :P Good Luck (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.