I AM NOT THAT GUY

So, What's the Real Reason Liberals Want to Take Away Your Guns?

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

MSNBC.com report hammers myth that more guns lead to more homicides

This morning’s (March 24, 2:22 PM) report carried by MSNBC.com headlined “Record numbers now licensed to pack heat” further confirms what gun rights activists have been arguing for years: More guns in private hands does not equate to more homicides.

The highest gun homicide rate is in Washington, D.C., which has had the nation’s strictest gun-control laws for years and bans concealed carry: 20.50 deaths per 100,000 population, five times the general rate. The lowest rate, 1.12, is in Utah, which has such a liberal concealed weapons policy that most American adults can get a permit to carry a gun in Utah without even visiting the state.-MSNBC.com

The decline in gun homicides also comes as U.S. firearm sales are skyrocketing, according to federal background checks that are required for most gun sales. After holding stable at 8.5 to 9 million checks from 1999 to 2005, the FBI reported a surge to 10 million in 2006, 11 million in 2007, nearly 13 million in 2008 and more than 14 million last year, a 55 percent increase in just four years.- MSNBC.com

This is further evidence that everything the gun prohibitionists have been claiming and predicting over the past two decades has been fundamentally fraudulent,”—SAF Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb.

The gun prohibition lobby is on the ropes. They’ve been reduced to corporate demagoguery against Starbucks for not banning open or concealed carry in their shops in an attempt to create publicity and “stay relevant.” Their campaign has less steam than a cup of hot Joe on a cold Seattle morning.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m3d24-MSNBCcom-report-hammers-myth-that-more-guns-lead-to-more-homicides

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This morning’s (March 24, 2:22 PM) report carried by MSNBC.com headlined “Record numbers now licensed to pack heat” further confirms what gun rights activists have been arguing for years: More guns in private hands does not equate to more homicides.

The highest gun homicide rate is in Washington, D.C., which has had the nation’s strictest gun-control laws for years and bans concealed carry: 20.50 deaths per 100,000 population, five times the general rate. The lowest rate, 1.12, is in Utah, which has such a liberal concealed weapons policy that most American adults can get a permit to carry a gun in Utah without even visiting the state.-MSNBC.com

The decline in gun homicides also comes as U.S. firearm sales are skyrocketing, according to federal background checks that are required for most gun sales. After holding stable at 8.5 to 9 million checks from 1999 to 2005, the FBI reported a surge to 10 million in 2006, 11 million in 2007, nearly 13 million in 2008 and more than 14 million last year, a 55 percent increase in just four years.- MSNBC.com

This is further evidence that everything the gun prohibitionists have been claiming and predicting over the past two decades has been fundamentally fraudulent,”—SAF Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb.

The gun prohibition lobby is on the ropes. They’ve been reduced to corporate demagoguery against Starbucks for not banning open or concealed carry in their shops in an attempt to create publicity and “stay relevant.” Their campaign has less steam than a cup of hot Joe on a cold Seattle morning.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m3d24-MSNBCcom-report-hammers-myth-that-more-guns-lead-to-more-homicides

Trying to think here...... when was the last time the Gun-control crowd had a meaningful victory?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Statistic Fail - Correlation does not imply causation

keTiiDCjGVo

Statistic Fail - Correlation does not imply causation

Brain fail. Correlation implies just that. The elements are related to each other.

Of course, since the Gun Control Lobby warned that allowing more and more people to arm themselves had to cause more gun violence, you much be implying they were talking out of their collective buttholes.

Brain fail. Correlation implies just that. The elements are related to each other.

Of course, since the Gun Control Lobby warned that allowing more and more people to arm themselves had to cause more gun violence, you much be implying they were talking out of their collective buttholes.

The article is implying that guns control is the only reason for the difference in statistics and completly ignoring all the other demographic differences between Utah and Washington DC.

keTiiDCjGVo

The article is implying that guns control is the only reason for the difference in statistics and completly ignoring all the other demographic differences between Utah and Washington DC.

I thought we were not to engage in racial profiling! :bonk:

i read the title of the thread, which was in the form of a question, and actually expected to find an answer in the opening post. silly me

i read the title of the thread, which was in the form of a question, and actually expected to find an answer in the opening post. silly me

:secret: It was more rhetorical in nature, although you are free to make your own suspicions known. :star:

:secret: It was more rhetorical in nature, although you are free to make your own suspicions known. :star:

well im not sure that suspicions is the proper term but here are my thoughts on the issue of gun control as it relates to the party line positions of both dems and reps.

I do think that if it were possible and/or plausible to reliably disarm all criminals there would be no need for law abiding citizens to own a gun in order to provide for their own defense, or at least a severely diminished need. If I know that someone breaking into my house only has a knife, I dont very well need a gun to protect myself. I do realize that a lot of people are not as capable in the area of self-defense as I am so thats why I say diminished need.

That being said, I do accept the assertion that it would be nigh impossible to disarm criminals or to keep new guns from entering the country and gun ownership among law-abiding people is a necessity for self-preservation. I would begrudge no one the exercise of their 2nd amendment rights as it pertains to defending their home and family. Open carry laws personally make me uncomfortable, but I fail to see any indication that people who exercise this right given to them by certain states are any threat to public safety.

I think the dems are worried that politically minded gun owners would tend to be on the rep side of most arguments and that if push ever came to shove theyd have to face down a very substantial arsenal being pointed directly at them. I think this is what motivates them to restrict and limit the 2nd ammendmant at every opportunity. They at the same time dont care if gang bangers turn the guns at each other because these people dont vote.

I think the hard right wingers on some level stand up for gun rights because it annoys the bejaysus out of the libs, an ammusing past time admittedly. I think there are way too many "from my cold dead hand" types to make any rational discussion about pros v cons possible. Id like to think that most law-abiding people who own a fire-arm are not of this ilk.

Personally I would never purchase a gun. I am sufficiently armed with psychological weapons to deal with someone who is pointing a gun at me to the point where I like my survival chances. Obviously there is a significant chance with this approach that I may be shot and killed, however I am comfortable leaving that in the hands of the gods I believe in.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I am sufficiently armed with psychological weapons to deal with someone who is pointing a gun at me to the point where I like my survival chances. Obviously there is a significant chance with this approach that I may be shot and killed, however I am comfortable leaving that in the hands of the gods I believe in.

this guy has never met a person out of his social class.

psychological weapons? yeah, that's right, you'll use your jedi mind tricks on some junkie who happened to have a gun or knife when he decides to rob you.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

this guy has never met a person out of his social class.

psychological weapons? yeah, that's right, you'll use your jedi mind tricks on some junkie who happened to have a gun or knife when he decides to rob you.

no i have not ever been in that situation, but even if i were armed id sooner surrender my posessions that take that persons life.