Niels Bohr

Dangerous Times

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Washington (CNN) - Days after his address was posted online by a Virginia Tea Party activist, the FBI and local law enforcement officials are investigating a "suspicious incident" at the home of Rep. Tom Perriello's brother.

A line to the propane tank on his brother's gas grill had been "severed," an aide to the Democratic congressman told CNN.

"It was enough that he could smell the gas," the aide said.

The Albemarle County Fire Marshal's office confirmed they are investigating the incident - which took place in Ivy, Virginia - along with the FBI.

"While officials are not willing to characterize the exact nature of the incident because of the ongoing investigation, it did not involve an immediate threat to occupants of the residence," Lee Catlin, Community Relations Director for the Fire Marshal, told CNN. "However officials are taking the incident very seriously and conducting a vigorous investigation. Additional details will be released as the investigation continues."

Catlin said county officials joined the investigation late Tuesday after a request from the FBI.

Politico reported Monday that a Tea Party activist in Lynchburg, angry over Perriello's vote in favor of health care reform legislation, had posted the address of Perriello's brother online and encouraged other activists to "stop by" and weigh in on the bill. The activist had apparently meant to post the congressman's home address but mistakenly published his brother's.

Perriello, who represents Virginia's conservative-leaning 5th congressional district, encompassing central and southern parts of the state. He was narrowly elected to his first term in 2008 and is considered one of the most vulnerable House Democrats in 2010.

On Wednesday, Perriello's office issued the following statement:

“My number one priority right now is ensuring the safety of my brother’s family, and I am grateful to law enforcement for their excellent work. While it is too early to say anything definitive regarding political motivations behind this act, it’s never too early for political leaders to condemn threats of violence, particularly as threats to other Members of Congress and their children escalate. And so I ask every member of House and Senate leadership to state unequivocally tonight that it is never OK to harm or threaten elected officials and their families with anything more than political retribution. Here in America, we settle our political differences at the ballot box.”

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seven or more posts on the same issue in the last few mniutes by a single poster smells like spam to me.

Moderators?

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Spam? Different topics buddy! Or should I say right wing nut. :P

Seven or more posts on the same issue in the last few mniutes by a single poster smells like spam to me.

Moderators?

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
:rofl:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Spam? Different topics buddy! Or should I say right wing nut. :P

Explain how they are different if you can.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The part that is funny is how the wacky Left did all these things and more to Churches, people, businesses after they did not get their way in the Gay marriage referendum in California, even "white powder" was mailed to churches.... yet it was a small story, basically a yawn.

How many topics did you start when all that was going on Niels?

:rofl:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Moderators?

Actually I suspect "fanatic" would fit him better.

They say the definition of a FANATIC is; someone who won't change his mind... or the Subject.

:lol:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I think as all of NB's recent topics refer to the same core subject, the topics should all be rolled into one, simply to prevent my Left Mouse Button Finger repetitive strain injury, brought on by having to change pages so many times to find new topics to annoy people on, from impacting on the healthcare system in this country. :innocent:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png