humhum55

I only have 2 weeks to stay in the US legally. Should I go back to my country?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I got married recently and apply for green card. However, it was rejected because of the incorrect fees.

So, I applied again. It’s been a week since they recived my documents and I haven’t heard anything from USCIS (money is still in the bank, they havn't cashed it out yet) My visa (F-1) was already expired; therefore I can be here in the US legally 60days after the vise expired. I have only 2weeks to stay here legally. If I don’t hear anything from USCIS should I go back to my country?

I contacted USCIS many times, also the local immigration office. They all say something different each time I talk to them…. I don’t know what the right thing to do :(

Do not go back to your country. If you do, you abandon your green card application.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Other Timeline

1) It is not illegal to be illegal in the US.

2) Overstays up to 125 years are forgiven at AOS.

3) You can only file for AOS from the US, not from your home country.

Now you tell me one reason why in the World you would want to leave the US, travel to your home country, and apply for a CR-1 visa from there, only in order to apply for AOS many months later? Educate me!

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

I got married recently and apply for green card. However, it was rejected because of the incorrect fees.

So, I applied again. Its been a week since they recived my documents and I havent heard anything from USCIS (money is still in the bank, they havn't cashed it out yet) My visa (F-1) was already expired; therefore I can be here in the US legally 60days after the vise expired. I have only 2weeks to stay here legally. If I dont hear anything from USCIS should I go back to my country?

I contacted USCIS many times, also the local immigration office. They all say something different each time I talk to them…. I dont know what the right thing to do :(

Dont go back to your country, as long as you already submit your applications to USCIS no need to worry, Like my K1-visa will expire tommorow and my 90 days already expired last january, We just sent our AOS package last saturday and I dont hear from USCIS yet. I think no reason to be worried.

Edited by Mc and R.kid

USCIS

(I-130 MOM)

08-01-2016 - I-130 SENT

08-08-2016 - NOA1

09-23-2016 - NOA2

NVC 

10-28-2016- AT NVC

12-08-2016- SCAN DATE (NVC)

01-20-2017- SUPERVISOR REVIEW

02-23-2017- CHECKLIST

03-01-2017- 2ND SCAN DATE

05-08-2017- CASE COMPLETE

05-12-2017- Interview assigned

05-16-2017- P4 letter received

06-22-2017- INTERVIEW ( MANILA EMBASSY) (CANCELLED DUE TO MEDICAL REASON

06-22-2017- NEW INTERVIEW DATE (PASSED)

08-25-2017- PORT OF ENTRY (LAX)

USCIS

I-130 (FOR DAD)

02-01-2018 - I-130 SENT

02-09-2018 - NOA1

Filed: Country:
Timeline
<Snipped>, and apply for a CR-1 visa from there, only in order to apply for AOS many months later? Educate me!

I agree with you about not leaving the US as overstay will be forgiven upon approval of AOS.

I don't understand why you associate AOS to CR-1 Visa though. CR-1 is an Immigrant Vias and upon use the beneficiary is issued a 2 year conditional greencard so their next process is ROC (Removal of Conditions) 21 months later.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I applied again. It’s been a week since they recived my documents and I haven’t heard anything from USCIS (money is still in the bank, they havn't cashed it out yet) My visa (F-1) was already expired; therefore I can be here in the US legally 60days after the vise expired. I have only 2weeks to stay here legally. If I don’t hear anything from USCIS should I go back to my country?

I contacted USCIS many times, also the local immigration office. They all say something different each time I talk to them…. I don’t know what the right thing to do :(

I wouldnt panic yet, it can take a week or 2 for them to cash your check and get out your NOA, just wait for it :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If they sent it back because of writing the check for the incorrect amount, then you are just simply allowed to resubmit the application. When I mailed them a check for the AOS, the check was written for more than the amount accidently, they just sent it back saying "Your application has been rejected because of..." and then later it says you may resubmit with the correct filing fee. Don't sweat it too much.

Also, when I resubmitted the petition, it took slightly more than a week for the check to be cashed. It was 8 days. I'm sure your check will be cashed any day now.

Edited by The_Sage1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do not leave the country. Your 'overstay' will be forgiven (if any, since you applied before your visa expired).

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello

how are you dont worry u dont need to go back your country as long as u are merried ready its ok.. u can stay here US and wait to ur greencard....

dont worry u fine everything be ok

" K1 "

08-08-08 - Meet online

12-04-08 - Meet in Person

12-04-08 - endgeg with my family

10-17-08 - Back to US

12-29-08 - Sent the application for fiancee

21-31-08 - our application ricive to USCIS

01-08-09 - NOA1 ricive hard copy..

04-13-09 - RFE pic visa size my fiancee

04-22-09 - USCIS ricive the FRE need

05-05-09 - got approve NOA2 Hard copy

06-16-09 - i got my case # from NVC

07-01-09 - Midical passt

07-09-09 - interview passt.. thanks to god and mamamary

07-19-09 - 2nd visit my fiancee philippines

07-26-09 - My flight to go USA together with my fiancee

10-09-09 - my wedding day....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.