Timotheus

G325A help! can't remember my ex wife's birthdate

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone!

wish you can help me.

im filling out my G325a form and i am stumped on the item that asks for prevoius wife's birthdate and marriage date.

i HONESTLY CAN NOT REMEMBER her birthdate and the date we were married (10 yrs ago) and i cant go forward with my appication.

is it ok if i just answer the item as "FORGOTTEN" ? will this have a bad effect on our application?

would u know if there's an office or a number i can inquire of my ex wife's birthdate and date of my previous marriage?

thanks, really appreciate it.

Timeline

You will need the divorce decree to send it in with the application..the information will be on there..i know i had the same problem :) and i actually put in the wrong date of the divorce..and i noticed later it was on the divorce papers..her birth date, the date of the marriage and the date of divorce. at least that is the case in my state. Hope this helps

Yep I agree, a trip to the courthouse can answer your questions and you will need a certified copy of the divorce decree down the road anyway. In the event all the info you are looking for is not in the divorce decree you can stop by the clerk of records and get a copy of your marriage record, it definately has the info recorded on it too.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

hi everyone!

wish you can help me.

im filling out my G325a form and i am stumped on the item that asks for prevoius wife's birthdate and marriage date.

i HONESTLY CAN NOT REMEMBER her birthdate and the date we were married (10 yrs ago) and i cant go forward with my appication.

is it ok if i just answer the item as "FORGOTTEN" ? will this have a bad effect on our application?

would u know if there's an office or a number i can inquire of my ex wife's birthdate and date of my previous marriage?

THANKS... Unfortunately, the state of Maine does NOT include the marriage date, and her birthday on the divorce decree. :(

Timeline

Yep I agree, a trip to the courthouse can answer your questions and you will need a certified copy of the divorce decree down the road anyway. In the event all the info you are looking for is not in the divorce decree you can stop by the clerk of records and get a copy of your marriage record, it definately has the info recorded on it too.

Hi thanks for the tip. true, the divorce decree does NOT have the info i needed.

A trip to the clerk of records where i got married is impossible coz its in a town in GA, which i too dont remember anymore and i am currently living in ME. :(

anything else? i am getting frustrated already...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

hi everyone!

wish you can help me.

For birth date put the truth, "Unknown"

For your marriage date, look on the divorce decree; it should be spelled out ther.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hi everyone!

wish you can help me.

Maybe that's why she's your ex wife..... kept forgetting her birthday... :rofl:

Seriously, I think the proper response is "unknown."

~Johnny~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi thanks for the tip. true, the divorce decree does NOT have the info i needed.

A trip to the clerk of records where i got married is impossible coz its in a town in GA, which i too dont remember anymore and i am currently living in ME. :(

anything else? i am getting frustrated already...

Go to the courthouse and see if they can produce a copy of the original petition for dissolution of the marriage. This is not the decree, but the papers that were originally filed asking for the divorce. I would think that basic biographical information about the litigant would be contained there. If that doesn't pan out, try thinking about accounts you had together, and see if records of those accounts can be obtained. If either of you were working at the time you got married, and added the spouse to their company benefits (medical, etc.) then you might have had to submit a copy of the marriage certificate to the employer's HR department. Try asking them if they still have a copy of it. The point is that you left a paper trail while you were married. Try following that trail.

If you can remember which county you were married in, you might be able to search for marriage documents based on your own name and birthdate.

As a last resort, there are companies that will conduct a public records search on any individual for a fee.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

hi everyone!

wish you can help me.

Hey Timotheus !

I think unknown will work .. or as I put on mine month, year and a question mark for day ..... and Yes Johnny ... couldn't remember it then or now !! :lol:

I-129F sent 01/27/2010
Rcv'd CSC 01/29/2010
NOA1 notice date 02/01/2010
NOA1 rcv'd 02/08/2010
" Touched " 03/04/2010
email notice APPROVED! 03/04/2010
touched 03/08/2010
hardcopy NOA2 rcv'd 03/10/2010
NVC email pkt enroute 03/29/2010
CIS touched again?! 04/01/2010
NVC RECEIVED ! 04/09/2010
NVC sent to embassy 04/15/2010
Embassy received 04/22/2010
Interview date 06/11/2010
APPROVED !!!! 06/11/2010
POE Chicago 07/22/2010
MARRIED !!!!!!! 07/27/2010
AOS,EAD,AP sent 10/01/2010
Rcv'd Chicago lockbox 10/04/2010
NOA rcv'd 10/18/2010
Bio appt. letter rcv'd 11/03/2010
Bio appt. 11/26/2010
Interview letter rcv'd 12/08/2010
Interview appt. 01/11/2011
Email EAD/AP approved 12/14/2010
EAD card arrival 12/20/2010
Re-scheduled Interview 03/01/2011
APPROVED !!!!!!!! 03/01/2011
Green Card ARRIVED !!! 03/11/2011
I-751 R.O.C. sent on 12/05/2012
I-751 packet delivered by USPS to CSC 12/06/2012
check cashed 12/10/2012
Rcv'd NOA 12/10/2012 ... dated 12/06/2012
12/17/2012 Bio letter rcv'd ... Bio appt. 01/02/2013
Biometrics completed 01/02/2013

APPROVED 05/24/2013

Letter rcv'd 06/01/2013

Card arrived 06/20/2013

Timeline

Go to the courthouse and see if they can produce a copy of the original petition for dissolution of the marriage. This is not the decree, but the papers that were originally filed asking for the divorce. I would think that basic biographical information about the litigant would be contained there. If that doesn't pan out, try thinking about accounts you had together, and see if records of those accounts can be obtained. If either of you were working at the time you got married, and added the spouse to their company benefits (medical, etc.) then you might have had to submit a copy of the marriage certificate to the employer's HR department. Try asking them if they still have a copy of it. The point is that you left a paper trail while you were married. Try following that trail.

If you can remember which county you were married in, you might be able to search for marriage documents based on your own name and birthdate.

As a last resort, there are companies that will conduct a public records search on any individual for a fee.

very helpful. thank you very much. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I know an ex is an ex...I have one myself, but is there a reason you can't just call her and ask or email/Facebook her...something? What a lot of running around to do for something that could be answered with a 30 second phone call.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A couple of thoughts:

Contact the ex and ask.

Contact a friend or family member to get the info.

Look through old papers that you may have (insurance, etc.)

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.