KYLEandUAN

picture problem

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Actually, there is a rejection on the USCIS site for a K-1, because the petitioner gave to much detail, and they were caught up in a timing issue. (2 year meeting) - so to much info, in this case, was a bad day for them.

I will see if I saved the link - interesting read - the rejection files - I recommend it for bored people smile.gif

Don't get me wrong...but this doesnt sound right (bolded part). I am not sure one of the criteria for rejections is: deny if there's too much information provided. Then every person who has ever front loaded would be denied. Since, you know, USCIS does not require any of the info.

So any person who sends 20 photos will be denied. Because USCIS does not require that many photos.

Everyone who met more than once would be denied, since you know, USCIS says you can meet only once

It's a slippery slope.

But I doubt they were denied for too much info.

I'm going to wait for a link :)

I'm sure there was something else to that

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Don't get me wrong...but this doesnt sound right (bolded part). I am not sure one of the criteria for rejections is: deny if there's too much information provided. Then every person who has ever front loaded would be denied. Since, you know, USCIS does not require any of the info.

So any person who sends 20 photos will be denied. Because USCIS does not require that many photos.

Everyone who met more than once would be denied, since you know, USCIS says you can meet only once

It's a slippery slope.

But I doubt they were denied for too much info.

I'm going to wait for a link :)

I'm sure there was something else to that

If I remember correctly - they gave lots of dates, and when the USCIS actually "timelined" the dates, it showed they met outside the two year requirement - (probably the person "guessed" at dates and made an error).

But that was enough to deny the petition - in this case, a simple "we met in the PI on xx/xx/xxxx, then were engaged on xx/xx/xxxx on my last visit" would be easier to see "errors"

I am only referring to the "how did/when you meet" requirement - not other evidence. (all though - I wouldn't front load to much at the USCIS stage, at the interview is when I would put a lot of evidence - I think I sent 4/5 pictures total with mine, with selected chats (snips of the various months), telephone bill (1) and tickets/boarding pass/turkish visa to prove the 2yr meeting requirement)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

heh we included about 25 photos along with emails, cards, envelopes, copys of large mail packaging, movie stubs, pages and pages of phone records and a bunch more ha - at the interview our packet was about 4inches thick!(including whatever papers they added of course)

we are still in the process of filing our k1 application. My fiance is still scanning the passport stamps and boarding pass before he will submit our application. our packet s more or less 2-3 inches thick coz we included 20 pictures. just wondering what binding thing he will use for our packet. any suggestions? he said to use the black binding clips. i read about using paper fastener.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

This is an interesting thread for me as I'm in the process now of trying to put everything together. Like most people, I have my photos in digital format and have chosen 12 of them to submit with my I-129F. I'm not sure though how exactly to present them. I've uploaded them to Walgreens and intend to have glossies printed, but what size is best? 4 x 6? 5 x 7? And then what? How exactly do people physically include them with the I-129F packet? I've searched through the archives and found information about putting together full blown photo albums for the interview, but certainly one doesn't want to do that for the petition, right? What about taping them to bonded paper? That doesn't seem to make sense as the information on the back of the photos wouldn't then be accessible. Someone mentioned using powerpoint to add captions, which sounds look a good idea. But then what did you do with the slides? Just print them out on your home printer?

-rs1971

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:wacko:

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

This is an interesting thread for me as I'm in the process now of trying to put everything together. Like most people, I have my photos in digital format and have chosen 12 of them to submit with my I-129F. I'm not sure though how exactly to present them. I've uploaded them to Walgreens and intend to have glossies printed, but what size is best? 4 x 6? 5 x 7? And then what? How exactly do people physically include them with the I-129F packet? I've searched through the archives and found information about putting together full blown photo albums for the interview, but certainly one doesn't want to do that for the petition, right? What about taping them to bonded paper? That doesn't seem to make sense as the information on the back of the photos wouldn't then be accessible. Someone mentioned using powerpoint to add captions, which sounds look a good idea. But then what did you do with the slides? Just print them out on your home printer?

-rs1971

we printed our pictures in 4 x 6 inches. and we taped those on paper and just put captions at each and every pictures. we didnt write the caption at the back of picture since we taped it. obviously) hahaha

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You can just get your pictures printed 4 x 6 at Walgreens or whatever. Then just use a color photo copy machine and copy like 5-6 pictures per page on Letter size paper. The I-129F instructions say that you can submit copies of evidence. They do not require originals. If you want to submit the originals anyways, I don't think it would hurt, but I would keep all originals if possible.

1/10/2010-----> Mailed I-130

1/17/2010-----> NOA 1 - Hard Copy

3/28/2010-----> NOA 2 - Email

4/02/2010-----> NOA 2 - Hard Copy

6/14/2010-----> NVC Processing Complete

8/02/2010-----> Interview Date @ 8:00am - Result = PINK!!!

Timeline

You can just get your pictures printed 4 x 6 at Walgreens or whatever. Then just use a color photo copy machine and copy like 5-6 pictures per page on Letter size paper. The I-129F instructions say that you can submit copies of evidence. They do not require originals. If you want to submit the originals anyways, I don't think it would hurt, but I would keep all originals if possible.

Did you use the black binder clips or punch two holes at the upper middle of the paper and use paper fastener?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the responses. I was looking around at Walmart yesterday and found some 'photo sheets' which are clear plastic pages with slots into which you can insert photos. I didn't even know that such a thing existed but this seems to be the neatest solution. Thanks again.

-rs1971

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We used a LARGE silver paperclip to put it all together and had photos in plastic baggies placed in there where they needede to be, obviously held in place by the paperclip or an extra one to make sure it stayed between the apropriate pages.

Dont use fasteners dont make hole punches etc... the USCIS will take ALL pages apart regardless of how you put it together and they REDO IT to how they want/need it. Just go with a large paper clip or one of the big black clips that holds a large amount of paper.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.