Usui Takumi

Full Body Scanners

Full Body Scanners (assume you are in a country that gives you a choice)  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will you submit to a full body scan?

• Yes, Always.
    • No, Unless I'm short on time and fear missing my flight.
    • No, Never.

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was actually disappointed when I went through LAX last time and they didn't do the body scan on me. She just waved me past it....and I said can I request being scanned.... she said no..it's random...... I think she just didn't want to see me naked.... :rofl:

~Johnny~

Filed: Timeline

For those voting yes.

I don't believe that these scanners significantly improve air travel security. They're mostly for show and to lull people into believing that they're safer on the flight. Judging from the responses in this thread, it seems to be working, too. That said, I wouldn't refuse a scan just because the aftermath of such refusal is one hassle I can do without. It's a shame, though, that it's come to this.

Still hoping that the public will lay off the "I don't have anything to hide" attitude once we have the first person trying to get the goods past security by shoving them up his crack. We'll see if people will subject themselves to cavity searches to feel safer flying.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am fine with it

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't believe that these scanners significantly improve air travel security. They're mostly for show and to lull people into believing that they're safer on the flight. Judging from the responses in this thread, it seems to be working, too. That said, I wouldn't refuse a scan just because the aftermath of such refusal is one hassle I can do without. It's a shame, though, that it's come to this.

Still hoping that the public will lay off the "I don't have anything to hide" attitude once we have the first person trying to get the goods past security by shoving them up his crack. We'll see if people will subject themselves to cavity searches to feel safer flying.

Most won't try to answer this question and just blow it off.

The attitude always seems to be, "that will never happen"

Of course people have been saying that against every little intrusion we have to date now.... amusing really.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
If you ain't willing to do that, stay out of my metal tube.

You definitely have a way with words :lol:

What security methods do you recommend?

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

• 1 month later...

Better alternative to having me and my wife (who I know is hot!!) getting molested by the crooks in TSA. I would rather them check out my pee-pee then feel it up!

Two things:

I don't think they would haul out all that technology and make it "optional."

I said no, not because I get easily embarassed (not me), but because if

I could opt out I would avoid getting whatever potentially dangerous

radiation the scanner was offering up on that day. I don't mind the

invasion of privacy in the interest of security but if I could avoid getting

zapped I would prefer to take that route and comply fully with a conventional

search. I'm making this point also because I believe nobody else made it...unsure.gif

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

No problem with the body scanner, but the pat and grope looks like it might be fun. :lol:

It's true: Airport body scanners could give you cancer.

http://www.naturalnews.com/030079_airport_body_scanners_cancer.html

You have a better chance of getting cancer from smoking pot, I am just saying. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

If it was a choice between a metal detector and a body scanner: I would chose the metal detector.

If it's a choice between the body scanner and a pat down: body scanner.

I'm not exactly comfortable with random strangers patting me down. I've flown twice through London, Heathrow since the 'underwear bomber' and gone through the increased security. Between having all my carry-on stuff searched, explosive tested, and then having to be felt up by some random person... yeah. I'd much rather get exposed to the body scanners.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll gladly choose the backscatter scan over a frisking because I have a phobia of being touched. I'm very aware of people nearby and go out of my way to avoid having my back to people. Expected touch is tolerable. Unexpected touch startles me severely and causes lasting pain from muscle tension that takes a long time to dissipate. Anticipation of touch that never materializes can cause the same. Firm touch is more tolerable than light touch. I don't know how firm or light the new improved TSA patdown is but if I don't have to find out firsthand, so much the better.

As for the embarrassment factor, I would personally feel much less embarrassed about the images, when there are similar images of everyone else who goes through it, than the potential embarrassment of having a panic attack, or even "only" convulsing or screaming, causing a scene. Not to mention likely being considered "suspicious" for having anxiety in whatever form. <_<

Edited by Kukolka

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I am a radiation worker by education and profession. The only concern I had about it was the potential damage to the eyes--a very radiosensitive part of the body. When I was scanned, I simple looked up with my entire fact so that any scatter would hopefully be filtered through my chin and forehead before hitting my eyes. My paranoia about my eyes is because of the prevalence of cataracts in my family. If no one had them, I wouldn't care at all.

The reality of life is that we are constantly surrounded by radiation and repeated studies have shown that the absence of or complete shielding from it is detrimental so...

I hopped right in when I was told to go through one.

My concern about that experience is that I forgot to remove my cell phone when I was all-but-disrobing before entering. Not a thing was said about it. Is this because they see that so often that they don't care or is it because that day, at least, the scanner was just for show? Was it a cell phone tucked in to my hiding spot or was it a bomb. Or are my boobs just so incredibly hot that a cell phone was invisible because it was tucked into my bra?

BTW--Radiation dosing is cumulative. This means that you have a dose/exposure and you never undo it. The next dose adds to it. The next one, too. There is an amount that is okay to have over a lifetime that would not be cool to experience in one fell swoop.

Once when I had a chest x-ray, I left my (measuring) badge on--the dose for that was 123mR. Later, when I flew from Houston to Tampa Bay, I left my badge on out of curiosity. The reading for that month was nada. (Going to the beach for the weekend doses you, too.)

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)