Udella&Wiz

Not digging the new look

91 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I already hate the reputation option on posts. Had to go back and view my posts made to see where I got negative reviews. Honestly? I almost think it should show publicly who clicked where, to make people second-guess whether or not they wish to click a review on that particular post.

you got a negative review? :blink:

here's a positive vote, to balance it out. ;)

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I already hate the reputation option on posts. Had to go back and view my posts made to see where I got negative reviews. Honestly? I almost think it should show publicly who clicked where, to make people second-guess whether or not they wish to click a review on that particular post.

Good point. :thumbs: If someone is going to register a negative review then they should be accountable for it.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

The 'reputation' thing is supposed to be a tool people can use to evaluate the effectiveness of a response to a question. While it seems like it could be useful in the immigration forums (a + for a good response, a - for a poor response) yes, it is very open to abuse in places like Off Topic or where it isn't specifically immigration related. Captain Ewok has just posted in OT that he has modified the system so you can only use the + 8 times in a day and the - only once. Hmm, not sure I like that second restriction - there are some bad posts in the immigration forum that I would like to mark so people don't follow the poster's advice, however, comments in the thread will accomplish the same purpose.

The site will take time to get used to and things are still being tweaked. From my understanding the slowness is significantly related to Yahoo and Google acclimatizing (don't know the technical word) to the new VJ through the many links on those search engines. VJ basically had to upgrade to the next version of the hosting software because the version we were on previously was no longer going to be supported or have security so VJ could have been hacked without any problem. It has been a big headache migrating the system and all of its individual needs and I know that there is still a lot of little problems and bugs that are being worked out.

Hopefully, once everything is done the site will be as useful and productive for everyone as it has been in the past. I know that I am having my own issues adapting to the changes as well, including the new moderation system. There are also a number of things that I am finding really useful about the site and when those minor glitches are sorted out, will like even more. It will all work out, but yeah, I really understand every one's frustrations in the meantime.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Bear and Lion are adorable! I am feeling HUGE envy at their obvious getting along-ness! I have been following your advice though and doing the playing and the treat thing -- I walk around the house with a pocket full of cat treats. I also ordered some Feliway online from Amazon. I got the room diffuser and the spray for 25$ all together. Thanks for all your advice, K...

:D

You're welcome. Hope it is helping.

Bear and Lion are brothers who were brought to me when they were 10 days old along with their sister. A dog had killed the mother and the dog's owner found the kittens and brought them to me. I bottle raised them and their sister eventually went to a home with a friend in Minnesota. While they do get along for the most part there have been challenges as well. Shortly after we moved here we had a bout of redirected aggression where a neighbour's cat tried to jump at them through the window. They couldn't get to the other cat so they ended up fighting with each other and a third cat, Tristan. We went through nearly 2 years of keeping them separated and re-introducing them to each other under supervision. Lion and Bear still have occasional bouts when I have to separate them but they seem to return to their good relationship with each other fairly quickly. A multi-cat household is a challenge though, and it does take time. That's a really good price for the two Feliway products. I think you will find that they will really help out.

Ok - hijack of the "Not Digging the New Look" to explain my new avatar is over :D

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

you got a negative review? :blink:

here's a positive vote, to balance it out. ;)

How do you know if you got a negative review? Ok I see the little rep counter/vote up and down buttons. So I guess when you get voted you see your rep count down there on each one of your posts.

Day 3 - still annoying :hehe:

Funny I was looking at Gmail this morning, this colour scheme is the same, the white background, pale blues - it's not annoying when you are just reading/writing a brief email.

I am hoping I will find it less annoying when it isn't so damn slow.

Edited by trailmix

How do you know if you got a negative review?

Day 3 - still annoying :hehe:

Funny I was looking at Gmail this morning, this colour scheme is the same, the white background, pale blues - it's not annoying when you are just reading/writing a brief email.

I am hoping I will find it less annoying when it isn't so damn slow.

I had a +1 reputation yesterday and suddenly had a -1 this morning... so technically, I must've been given two -1 reviews.

One of which in this very thread.

And really, end of the day, I don't care... except that because some person decided to click off on a review without reason, someone else will discredit anything I - or anyone else in a similar situation - happen to advise.

Anyhow, also not wishing to hijack..

The colour scheme, honestly, I don't notice a huge different from the colour scheme before. The only thing that bothers me is the scrolling of text, the rest of it I could certainly deal with.

Has anyone else found a resolution to the inbox spamming? I've got it set to delayed notification and still I'm getting emails every time someone replies to a thread. Any way to fix this without disabling the watching of topics?

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline

Agreed, that is just silly to vote up or down on an opinion in a thread about the new look of the website and based on that someone might not take your immigration advice seriously....I can see the annoyance there absolutely.

They are tweaking the background colour for posts I see, now that is an improvement, colours still need work though.

Timeline

OMG!!! I was just venting on the vent thread about that negative/positive rating. One of my post was ranked negatively... I feel like we're back in high school again!

I agree that you should have to be accountable about rating post! And I do see its uses for rating immigration advice but maybe not for OT posts, and theres a lot of them in this particular forum!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

OMG!!! I was just venting on the vent thread about that negative/positive rating. One of my post was ranked negatively... I feel like we're back in high school again!

I agree that you should have to be accountable about rating post! And I do see its uses for rating immigration advice but maybe not for OT posts, and theres a lot of them in this particular forum!

That's retarded!

I agree too that our name should appear if we want to rate posts.

If I read a post and thought the advice was bad enough to compel me to vote it down, I would be happy to justify my point of view.

I feel like in other forums online you often see peoples names with features like that... like for instance, Josephine gave this post a thumbs up or thumbs down, no?

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

That's retarded!

I agree too that our name should appear if we want to rate posts.

If I read a post and thought the advice was bad enough to compel me to vote it down, I would be happy to justify my point of view.

I feel like in other forums online you often see peoples names with features like that... like for instance, Josephine gave this post a thumbs up or thumbs down, no?

Yep, exactly. Because now, there is no recourse for someone going on some idiotic spree.

I understand there is a limit now, as well, but I'm sure many of us have seen people diligently follow around someone else simply to stir up trouble. It's unfortunate, but still happens.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline

OMG. This upgrade is superiourly bad timing. As if I don't have enough to do! :bonk:

I was thinking that too - it doesn't rain but it pours.:P

Timeline

I was also thinking that it might be applied to actual immigration forums only - but then again, say you get in to the 'should I just stay here and adjust status' conversation - you could end up with a lot of up or down votes depending on who has the right info and the wrong info. Will be interesting to see I suppose.

There really does have to be some accountability for it to work.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

I was also thinking that it might be applied to actually immigration forums only - but then again, say you get in to the 'should I just stay here and adjust status' conversation - you could end up with a lot of up or down votes depending on who has the right info and the wrong info. Will be interesting to see I suppose.

There really does have to be some accountability for it to work.

OR if someone gives advice that is not necessarily wrong but perhaps incomplete or a tad bit incorrect -- one would not necessarily rate it negatively to be an a$$ but perhaps rate it negatively and explain why its been rated as such.

Anyway I havent been in much but I do want to say I love the fast post option -- and that the smiley faces are easily accessible :)

Edited by darkchilde794

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

OR if someone gives advice that is not necessarily wrong but perhaps incomplete or a tad bit incorrect -- one would not necessarily rate it negatively to be an a$$ but perhaps rate it negatively and explain why its been rated as such.

Anyway I havent been in much but I do want to say I love the fast post option -- and that the smiley faces are easily accessible :)

Wasn't there a fast reply option in the other forum setup?

Here is another thing, but it could just be something i'm missing. If I go to search the forums for a specific item, I use that google search in the top right hand corner (there used to be an option to just search the forum you were viewing) - so the results come up, I click on in and i'm taken back to the main forum list, rather than the result ie: thread I was looking for.

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.