Udella&Wiz

Not digging the new look

91 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wasn't there a fast reply option in the other forum setup?

Here is another thing, but it could just be something i'm missing. If I go to search the forums for a specific item, I use that google search in the top right hand corner (there used to be an option to just search the forum you were viewing) - so the results come up, I click on in and i'm taken back to the main forum list, rather than the result ie: thread I was looking for.

That's odd! Ive been curious to see if the advanced search works better than before.

I just realised that my older PMs have been deleted... not a big deal except that there were a few I had been saving for months because I wanted to hold on to some info in there. :( Hopefully I had already copied and pasted some of that in word docs or emails to Matt.

Does anyone know why some PMs have a red X next to them and others some sort of light blue square?

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's odd! Ive been curious to see if the advanced search works better than before.

I just realised that my older PMs have been deleted... not a big deal except that there were a few I had been saving for months because I wanted to hold on to some info in there. :( Hopefully I had already copied and pasted some of that in word docs or emails to Matt.

Does anyone know why some PMs have a red X next to them and others some sort of light blue square?

Not sure about the x/square thing, but as for PMs being deleted, there is discussion of that in the site discussion thread on this subject, ewok said something about not restoring all of them - someone had requested today that they want all of theirs back. I believe he did mention something about restoring them if requested, in that same thread.

Timeline

Not sure about the x/square thing, but as for PMs being deleted, there is discussion of that in the site discussion thread on this subject, ewok said something about not restoring all of them - someone had requested today that they want all of theirs back. I believe he did mention something about restoring them if requested, in that same thread.

thanks trailmix. I hadnt looked at that thread at all.

I'll be patient and see if the PMs I wanted to hold on to are part of the older PMs that will be repopulated in the next few days. Ewok said we would get back the last 6 months worth, so I guess there is more to come.

AoS Process

event.png

Timeline

Wasn't there a fast reply option in the other forum setup?

Yeah; there was a button next to the "Add Reply" button in the old setup that said "Fast Reply;" it popped down a little edit window from there.

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

I may be pulling my chair up to dinner a little late with this..but I noticed that the "reputation" thing in the profiles is gone. Mine is anyways..any one else notice that?

Oh and Kathryn...nice to see your face again!! ( although Lion and Bear were cute too!)

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

I may be pulling my chair up to dinner a little late with this..but I noticed that the "reputation" thing in the profiles is gone. Mine is anyways..any one else notice that?

Oh and Kathryn...nice to see your face again!! ( although Lion and Bear were cute too!)

Yes that was changed this afternoon... so you can still rank a post, but not the poster.

The votes wont be associated with your reputation on your profile anymore.

I think it's better this way.

AoS Process

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Ranking posts is stupid, period.

Edit, I had a ranking of -6 this morning, but when I left for lunch, suddenly I had a +1? #######, i'm not that helpful. :rofl:

Edited by Rob and Mel

Timeline

Ranking posts is stupid, period.

Edit, I had a ranking of -6 this morning, but when I left for lunch, suddenly I had a +1? #######, i'm not that helpful. :rofl:

Yes, that's true, it must be broken!! :hehe:

You know what, this new format has me avoiding VJ, i'm still popping in here from time to time, but I look at the topics in the forum and just go ...meh, can't be bothered :lol:

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

There seems to be a dearth of posters since the updates. It looks to me like some people are overcompensating for it and posting every little minutia of their lives on here. :whistle:

I do agree, just seems boring on VJ in general the last several days. :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There seems to be a dearth of posters since the updates. It looks to me like some people are overcompensating for it and posting every little minutia of their lives on here. :whistle:

I do agree, just seems boring on VJ in general the last several days. :(

And they weren't before? :whistle:

(Posted from a Mac.....I will now run off and hide. :lol: )

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

And they weren't before? :whistle:

(Posted from a Mac.....I will now run off and hide. :lol: )

He he he. I don't like Macs because you can't upgrade them. They are good machines for those who don't aspire to high levels of performance.

People did post the minor details of their lives before, but there really hasn't been anything interesting in quite a while. Mostly just people whining and complaining about tedious stuff. What we really need is for Amanda to come back and give an update about her brother in law and his ex-monster. :lol:

Timeline

Red Xs are next to posts that have been deleted. The light blue with a gray square is a post that has been read. The yellow square is a new post that hasn't been read.

I found it interesting that I have some red Xs as well although I haven't deleted any posts since the changeover. It looks like some of the 'deleted' posts were included in with the ones that were transferred, which is interesting because it means that when you delete they were not necessarily fully deleted.

Captain Ewok is still working on transferring over the PMs from the last 6 months - I think he said earlier he was about half way done. After that, he is willing to retrieve further back on a request basis so you might want to keep that in mind for those 'missing' earlier posts.

And yes- I have my regular Avatar back - her name is Yuna and I have grown attached to her, although it was nice to have Lion and Bear join me here for a while :) .

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Red Xs are next to posts that have been deleted. The light blue with a gray square is a post that has been read. The yellow square is a new post that hasn't been read.

I found it interesting that I have some red Xs as well although I haven't deleted any posts since the changeover. It looks like some of the 'deleted' posts were included in with the ones that were transferred, which is interesting because it means that when you delete they were not necessarily fully deleted.

Captain Ewok is still working on transferring over the PMs from the last 6 months - I think he said earlier he was about half way done. After that, he is willing to retrieve further back on a request basis so you might want to keep that in mind for those 'missing' earlier posts.

And yes- I have my regular Avatar back - her name is Yuna and I have grown attached to her, although it was nice to have Lion and Bear join me here for a while :) .

I like Yuna too :)

And Bear and Lion are really gorgeous. Lion sure wears his name well!

thanks for the clarification regarding the Xs. That is interesting to know that PMs dont get fully deleted...

that also means most of the retrieved PMs I have so far had been deleted. Hmmm.

AoS Process

event.png

Timeline

Yep..a few of us mentioned how the member part was not really needed. just ranking a post up or down based on the info it contains was good enough. There was a thread about it in site discussion.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I'm on my laptop today and the new format looks so much better! I really thought they changed it again when I logged on. Without having the wide screen everything is a lot easier to read. I'm still not sure I like it, but it does look better this way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.