saturn5man

COULD CARE LESS, OR COULDN"T ?

107 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I can't here you. Did you take you're medication? I called there mother and she said it was rediculous.

Just some of my annoyances.

And at fruit and vegetable markets : Pea's, Cantaloupe's, Rutabaga's etc......

Neil (Preston, England) & Eva (North Carolina, USA)

27 September 2003 Church Wedding, England.

8 October 2004 -INTERVIEW---VISA GRANTED !!!

(Intervening time covered in VJ -Timeline Section)

10 Dec 2004 - Saturn finally came out of orbit and landed in NC !

(Check timeline for intervening period)

8th February 2006 - 'GREEN CARD' FINALLY GRANTED AT INTERVIEW IN CHARLOTTE, NC.

5th Wedding Anniversary due later this year, on 27th September 2008 - How time flies !

I am not a Lawyer and have never wanted or professed to be one. The views and comments I may express here are entirely my own and without any intended legal standing.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
^^ I just want to ask, 'what do the peas own, exactly???'

Aaargh!!!!

Maybe the q's ? ;)

Neil (Preston, England) & Eva (North Carolina, USA)

27 September 2003 Church Wedding, England.

8 October 2004 -INTERVIEW---VISA GRANTED !!!

(Intervening time covered in VJ -Timeline Section)

10 Dec 2004 - Saturn finally came out of orbit and landed in NC !

(Check timeline for intervening period)

8th February 2006 - 'GREEN CARD' FINALLY GRANTED AT INTERVIEW IN CHARLOTTE, NC.

5th Wedding Anniversary due later this year, on 27th September 2008 - How time flies !

I am not a Lawyer and have never wanted or professed to be one. The views and comments I may express here are entirely my own and without any intended legal standing.

• 1 month later...

Alreet

Roshon finds it funny that i say "give it me" or "pass it me" rather than "give it to me" etc.....thats just normal to me!!!

I also find it funny that now he say he's goin on holiday as apposed to vacation, he tells me he's knackered all the time and says "Alreet lad" everytime he speaks to my dad!!

Ter-rah x x x

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: Timeline
Surely it should actually be I could not care ANY less if we are being all proper? I too assumed it was sarcasm to say "I could care less". Kind of like saying "BOTHERED?"

while we are on the topic of things that drive us nuts can I just say that I get soooooo peeved when I here someone say: Can I aks you a question? instead of 'ask'.

and it bugs me when people say "here" when they mean "hear" although i am sure i have done it too. My own typos bug the hell out of me.

That's why I hate the "5 Minute Rule" for editing posts here. A typo will drive me insane. I *MUST* fix it.

As for "I could care less", I just attribute that to idiocy.

The one I really hate, and see far too often, is loose/lose. C'mon! It isn't THAT hard! Is it "loost", or is it "lost"? Duh. That's a very simple little test to see if you're about to post something really silly. Technically, I suppose, you *could* say "I don't want to loose him!!!!" in the sense of turning him loose to graze other pastures.

Others:

Here/hear

It's/Its

The previously mentioned "pea's"

Where/Wear

"Miles An Hour" (Your speedometer says MPH for a reason.... Miles PER Hour)

(British) It's half 12. Well, half of 12 is 6. So it's 6:00pm then? I'm always left wondering if it's 30 minutes 'til 12 or 30 minutes past 12. Hence the American tendancy to say "Half-past 12"

"You can't have your cake and eat it too." You most certainly can! However, to use the phrase correctly, "You can't eat your cake and still have it, too."

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Some of these examples are grammer, some are verbal utterances! Note the Indiana ones....

As a Canadian, I am constantly teased in the USA, as much for "eh" as about! (aboot).

What I can't understand is why everyone thinks it's ME :crying: that's saying it wrong. People say..."say it again? hahaha You don't say it right...".

Who are American's to be telling me I'm saying it wrong :P

On another note, I was visiting a neighbour in St. Louis, and she told me about an accident on I-FARTY FAR (44), and I kept a straight face.... :whistle:

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Roshon finds it funny that i say "give it me" or "pass it me" rather than "give it to me" etc.....thats just normal to me!!!

If he's so upset about the missing "to", please ask him from me what happened to the "to" in the commonly used American phrase "Write me".

Every time someone says that, I have to stop the urge to write "me" on a piece of paper and hand it to them!

It's: "Write to me"!

Even worse in Pennsylvania, people don't know the words "to be". So instead of saying "The lawn needs to be mowed", they'll say "Lawn needs mowed".

This country. FFS.

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

This is a great post, and I think a lot of these are localisms that become said so frequently that we "ferget" our "grammer". :lol:

It also drives me nuts when I go back and read that I have misspelled one of the to/too or there/their, etc words, but other than that, sometimes my southern/midwestern twang, I just let show all too much.

Did anyone ever see Jeff Foxworthy's skit on the southern language being all unto its own?

He did the:

"have ya eet yet?"

"Nyah"

"Ya-ant to?"

Anyone not coming from the south would barely understand a word these people said they way he described it. Having lived in several southern locations, I thought it was one of the funniest skits I had seen about it.

As for me and hubby, he pronounces ....mosquito...MOS-ka-toe. The first time he asked me if the "MOS-ka-toze...were bothering me...after I had JUST slapped my leg...it took me a good 45 seconds to figure it out, and if I hadnt just slapped one, I wouldn't have been THAT fast on the uptake.

Another one is "Devil-up". Probably only a Guyanese would figure that one out. I was sitting at the table listening to him and his uncle talking and using this peculiar word "Devil-up" over and over. They talked about different countries. Then started discussing "flim" Devil-uping the flim....yeah, it took me a second but it finally hit me. :lol:

Edited by thndrdancr

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Surely it should actually be I could not care ANY less if we are being all proper? I too assumed it was sarcasm to say "I could care less". Kind of like saying "BOTHERED?"

while we are on the topic of things that drive us nuts can I just say that I get soooooo peeved when I here someone say: Can I aks you a question? instead of 'ask'.

and it bugs me when people say "here" when they mean "hear" although i am sure i have done it too. My own typos bug the hell out of me.

That's why I hate the "5 Minute Rule" for editing posts here. A typo will drive me insane. I *MUST* fix it.

As for "I could care less", I just attribute that to idiocy.

The one I really hate, and see far too often, is loose/lose. C'mon! It isn't THAT hard! Is it "loost", or is it "lost"? Duh. That's a very simple little test to see if you're about to post something really silly. Technically, I suppose, you *could* say "I don't want to loose him!!!!" in the sense of turning him loose to graze other pastures.

Others:

Here/hear

It's/Its

The previously mentioned "pea's"

Where/Wear

"Miles An Hour" (Your speedometer says MPH for a reason.... Miles PER Hour)

(British) It's half 12. Well, half of 12 is 6. So it's 6:00pm then? I'm always left wondering if it's 30 minutes 'til 12 or 30 minutes past 12. Hence the American tendancy to say "Half-past 12"

"You can't have your cake and eat it too." You most certainly can! However, to use the phrase correctly, "You can't eat your cake and still have it, too."

larry, larry, larry .... how could you forget the most popular ones!?!?!?

then/than!! and your/you're!! AND there/their/they're

*boggled*

Grammar_Icon_by_forgottenlosses.png

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Alreet

I also find it funny that now he say he's goin on holiday as apposed to vacation, he tells me he's knackered all the time and says "Alreet lad" everytime he speaks to my dad!!

Ter-rah x x x

All I want to say is that the picture in your signature looks AMAZING!!!!! What a wonderful picture! :thumbs::star:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Timeline

The thing absolutely guaranteed to piss me off though, is chatspeak. This is a message board. It isn't a chatroom or a cell phone. It doesn't take that much longer to type you instead of u, don't instead of dont, or please instead of plz. If someone can't take the time to type their post using genuine words, then why should anyone take the time to answer them, or piss on them if they're on fire, for that matter?

Aye, I just got flamed by a couple of morons for this very thing just a little while ago....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=435586

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.