gol_e_ehsan

Mother of US citizen-urgent help

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello! I have an important question regarding a application to bring the mother of a US citizen from Iran.

We have already sent the main application along with the fees, we then were asked for the I894 affidavit of support. We also sent that and then a couple weeks later we received a letter with a checklist of some things that they said were missing frm the affidavit of support.

I can get the missing info, but my question is do i just send them the missing info or do i need to submit a whole new affidavit of support?? If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I would hate to do it wrong and delay her case even further.

Also, once they receive that info along with the DS230, which they also requested, does anyone know after that how long it takes for them to schedule the interview?

Thanks for all your help and good luck to all of you as well!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hello! I have an important question regarding a application to bring the mother of a US citizen from Iran.

We have already sent the main application along with the fees, we then were asked for the I894 affidavit of support. We also sent that and then a couple weeks later we received a letter with a checklist of some things that they said were missing frm the affidavit of support.

I can get the missing info, but my question is do i just send them the missing info or do i need to submit a whole new affidavit of support?? If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I would hate to do it wrong and delay her case even further.

Also, once they receive that info along with the DS230, which they also requested, does anyone know after that how long it takes for them to schedule the interview?

Thanks for all your help and good luck to all of you as well!

Only send the documents or information they requested along with a copy of the RFE you received, that should make things easier for them.

After they receive both, the I-864 documentation and the DS-230, it takes them about 2 weeks to complete the case and then they'll make an appointment with the US embassy.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question. I just wanted to wish you luck!!!

.·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*

(¸.*´ ¸.·´*'~*Ney~* (¸.*´~*

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.

- JW von Goeth

----------------------------------------------------------------

A special shout out to a wonderful lady named Jenna and the love of her life Faut!!!

LAF~

Timeline for my wonderful son & beautiful future daughter

08/27/09 K-1 Package Mailed

09/01/09 NOA1

10/14/09 NOA2 (43 Days from NOA1)

10/16/09 NVC Recieved

10/21/09 Forwarded to US Embassy in UAE

02/21/10 Interview (173 Days from NOA)

02/22/10 AP

03/07/10 Visa is ready for pick up

03/12/10 They are going to Dubai for her visa

03/18/10 Visa in hand!

4/2/2010 POE - Washington DC

4/3/2010 Arrive in Memphis

4/7/2010 Marriage by Imam! 1st Wedding

4/9/2010 Cinderella Wedding! 2nd Wedding

Officially Husband & Wife!!!

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question. I just wanted to wish you luck!!!

What are your RFE?

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

NVC case# assigned 7/2/2010

aos fee bill&ds3032 received 7/8/2010

aos fee paid and emailed ds3032 7/8/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

aos packet scanned 7/20/10

iv packet scanned 7/22/10

case complete 8/18/10

Timeline

There was one part of the I864 that was incomplete, I think we were supposed to have written n/a if we didnt have an answer, not leave the field blank. Also, I have one additional document about my income that i need to send. So I can just send the missing parts rather than sending a whole new affidavit?

I also have received an email requesting a $400 fee, this should mean we are towards the end of the process right?

Once we send that fee and they have all of their documents do you know how long it should take them to give us an appointment?

Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Pay your IV bill. Wait for it to clear. Then send in your DS230 package.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you are 'totally paper', right?

Yer not using the online payment portal for anything, right?

you're 'waiting' on NVC to tell you, the next step, each time, right?

re: the RFE - you're to 'answer' the RFE, give them the info they've described, and no more. Of course, if you think you've mucked about, made a grievous error with the I-864 - then MAYBE you should consider making a NEW I-864 with supporting documentation, and send that back with the RFE coversheet (make a copy of that, for yer files btw)

re: ds-230 - since yer doing 'paper processing' - sure - you can send in the check with the ds-230 package - no worries there. This is how it 'used to be done' - and NVC still handles 'that postal processing'.

Here's some gov links for you -

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

good luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks a lot for all of your responses! Yeah, we had been paying online before but the site was down for a couple days, so we opted to just send the check rather than waiting to see when the site would be back up. I called the NVC today and they said only send what we asked for so I guess I'll wait for the IV bill to clear and then do that.

Does anyone know.....they give the interview after this step, correct?

you are 'totally paper', right?

Yer not using the online payment portal for anything, right?

you're 'waiting' on NVC to tell you, the next step, each time, right?

re: the RFE - you're to 'answer' the RFE, give them the info they've described, and no more. Of course, if you think you've mucked about, made a grievous error with the I-864 - then MAYBE you should consider making a NEW I-864 with supporting documentation, and send that back with the RFE coversheet (make a copy of that, for yer files btw)

re: ds-230 - since yer doing 'paper processing' - sure - you can send in the check with the ds-230 package - no worries there. This is how it 'used to be done' - and NVC still handles 'that postal processing'.

Here's some gov links for you -

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

good luck !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.