sean.osiris

Can my spouse visit for a few weeks on Visitor Visa?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello all!

I'd like to know if there is any problem if my spouse applies for a visitor visa to come see me for a few weeks while processing of the k-3/k-1 visa. This would be around 1 - 2 months into the processing time. (end of April). She has been to the US from Turkey, two consecutive summers now. We are asking because of the fear that the USCIS might think she is trying to come and stay with that visa. Aslo we've heard that USCIS doesn't take well to this happening during the k-1/k-3 processing.

Thanks,

Sean

Hello all!

I'd like to know if there is any problem if my spouse applies for a visitor visa to come see me for a few weeks while processing of the k-3/k-1 visa. This would be around 1 - 2 months into the processing time. (end of April). She has been to the US from Turkey, two consecutive summers now. We are asking because of the fear that the USCIS might think she is trying to come and stay with that visa. Aslo we've heard that USCIS doesn't take well to this happening during the k-1/k-3 processing.

Thanks,

Sean

Please fill in your timelines!

If you are married, then your petition would be K-3 or IR/CR-1 and not a K-1 As for the B go's They might? Hard to say?

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I did

Not sure what your timelines have to do with your question.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I did

Not sure what your timelines have to do with your question.

Did what?

Not sure what your post has do do with anything.

Timeline

I'm sorry if i didn't provide enough information. I'm a US citizen who married a Turkish citizen 1 month ago. I don't have a time line yet because I'm waiting on the G325A form signed from my wife which is currently in Turkey. The form is on it's way here now by mail.

She wants to come and visit around the beginning of April for just 2 weeks on a visitor visa. By that time I'm guessing I would have recieved the noa1.

We are worried that if she applies for a visitor visa in this time period, it would some how conflict with USCIS. Maybe they can think shes tying to use this visa to stay here, where in fact she will only stay here for 2 weeks.

She wants to come visit me because I am out of vacation days to visit her.

Is it safe to maybe risk our k-3 process to have her visit here for 2 weeks?

Thanks again for your help!

Sean

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The only risk is the application fee.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
The only risk is the application fee.

Bingo.

We just got our NOA-1 for a K-1 petition but we're also trying for a B-2 visitor visa while we wait for the NOA-2. Worst that happens is we're out the application fee and our K-1 chugs along in blissful ignorance :)

K-1 Timeline:

2010/02/08: I-129F package sent via USPS Express Mail

2010/02/12: Received at CSC by Linda Fairbanks

2010/02/16: NOA-1 issued

2010/02/17: Check cashed (no legible receipt number on back)

2010/02/22: NOA-1 hardcopy received

2010/04/02: Touched

2010/04/04: Touched again (Easter Sunday?!?)

2010/04/05: Email/text notification of NOA-2

2010/04/05: NOA-2 Notice Date on I-797

2010/04/12: I-129F received by NVC

2010/04/15: I-129F petition left NVC for Moscow

2010/04/16: I-129F petition enjoys a layover in Cincinnati, OH

2010/04/18: I-129F petition hangs out in Vitoria, Spain

2010/04/20: I-129F petition drinks a bit too much lager in Leipzig, Germany

2010/04/22: I-129F petition arrives in Moscow, looking like it was rode hard and put away wet

2010/04/25: Emailed the U.S. Embassy in Moscow asking for interview date

2010/04/28: Response from Moscow that our interview is 8 Jun 2010 at 10am

2010/06/08: Interview at the Moscow Embassy

Timeline

Hmmm, So I guess this might be a bad idea.. I guess i'll just try to find a way to visit her instead of her comming here. I don't want to risk the process. Thanks all for your respones! You guys could of just saved us a lot of hassel! :)

Hmmm, So I guess this might be a bad idea.. I guess i'll just try to find a way to visit her instead of her comming here. I don't want to risk the process. Thanks all for your respones! You guys could of just saved us a lot of hassel! :)

Most likely, but it's your money... If your only looking at two weeks together on a B-Visa save the money for the rest of your petition.

Edited by sjr09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

There is no risk -

a tourist visa doesn't hurt her I-130 petition.

an I-130 petition in process doesn't hurt her tourist visa.

You've crossed the streams, where it's not necessary.

Now - if she can GET another tourist visa, then I say go for it.

She can apply, the most they can do is deny the application on interview (tourist).

this is a concern, sure -> We are asking because of the fear that the USCIS might think she is trying to come and stay with that visa

but if she tells the truth, AND shows deep ties to Turkey (Like ALL TOURIST VISA APPLICANTS MUST DO) then she has a chance of getting the tourist visa.

A Chance.

Seriously - will not 'harm' anything.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The K3 visa is obsolete. Just file the I-130 and follow the CR1 guide. Obtaining a visitor visa will be nearly impossible, as she'll need to disclose that her husband is a US Citizen. This will testify to her immigrant intent and make her ineligible for a non-immigrant (visitor) visa anyway.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.