rickrock

Where to File?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I have a question about where to file. I live in Hawaii, but I am overseas temporary, right now all of my mail is going to Tennessee? Which location do I send my paperwork too? I do not currently have an Hawaii address (I move out of my apt before going overseas).

And off topic.. has anyone ever tried the E-File option for the 129F?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
And off topic.. has anyone ever tried the E-File option for the 129F?

e-filing the I-129F is not yet an option

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hey, we were wondering what happened with you guys. Unfortunately we don't have a very good advice for you this time. Best thing to do is call USCIS and ask them. I hope someone else here will know more in a complicated situation like yours. Usually you file according to your permanent address - the one on your driver's lisence or other kind of ID. If that's Tennessee then here is your answer but if it's still Hawaii I have no idea. :( Keep us posted on what happens. Good luck!

Timeline

So I called USCIS and they were no help, the women sounded like she was reading from a card piece of paper. The question I ask her was that "I am currently living in Hawaii but my mail is going to TN due to me being overseas temporay, where do I file?" She ask me what address did I put on the form, I told her the TN address because I do not have an address in Hawaii since I move out of my apt. So she told me to send it to the VT Center. Then I ask her when I get back to Hawaii, is there going to be a problem since my paperwork was sent to the VT center, her reply was "I dont have that type of information." She didnt bother asking anyone. Sigh...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

we have exactly the same problem. i was living in new york and took a year off so we could travel together. i gave up my NY apartment before we left, so my mail is going to my parents' house in FL. luckily both states are processed in VT, but i'm confused about what to fill in on the forms - e.g. it feels weird to say that my permanent address is my parents' as i've never actually lived there, but i have no other address. the address on my drivers license and passport is of an apartment i sold 2 years ago. also, on the section of the 129F for the fiance's "intended address in the US" - we plan to get an apartment in NY again, but don't currently have one, so i don't know what to write??

April 23 2010 -- I-129f sent

April 27 2010 -- check cashed, NOA1 dated

Aug 2, 2010 -- touched

Aug 13, 2010 -- date of NOA2, I-129F approved

Aug 17, 2010 -- NVC sent application to embassy

Sept 2, 2010 -- Medical

Sept 7, 2010 -- Receive checklist from embassy

Sept 7, 2010 -- Hand-deliver packet to embassy

Sept 30, 2010 -- Receive notice of interview date

Oct. 4, 2010 -- Interview!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
So I called USCIS and they were no help, the women sounded like she was reading from a card piece of paper. The question I ask her was that "I am currently living in Hawaii but my mail is going to TN due to me being overseas temporay, where do I file?" She ask me what address did I put on the form, I told her the TN address because I do not have an address in Hawaii since I move out of my apt. So she told me to send it to the VT Center. Then I ask her when I get back to Hawaii, is there going to be a problem since my paperwork was sent to the VT center, her reply was "I dont have that type of information." She didnt bother asking anyone. Sigh...

You simply use the actual facts as to your "residence". Clearly, you do not live in Hawaii. Your "residence" needs to be where you can expect to receive mail. File accordingly.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
You simply use the actual facts as to your "residence". Clearly, you do not live in Hawaii. Your "residence" needs to be where you can expect to receive mail. File accordingly.

My residence is in Hawaii, I pay Hawaii State Tax, I vote in Hawaii, but I am doing work for my company overseas, so I moved out of my apt. Now I know I can just file at the VT center but when I return to Hawaii but my paperwork was submitted in VT instead of CA, I just want to know if that will cause problems.

My residence is in Hawaii, I pay Hawaii State Tax, I vote in Hawaii, but I am doing work for my company overseas, so I moved out of my apt. Now I know I can just file at the VT center but when I return to Hawaii but my paperwork was submitted in VT instead of CA, I just want to know if that will cause problems.

It should not be a problem - if your petition is still being processed when you return to Hawaii (and you get another apartment), you can simply file a change of address on the USCIS site or (as long as you're getting mail there) simply let it be. Changing your address later on should not affect processing since they very likely will not change the service center for that (it will remain where it is).

If it were me, I'd file it with VT since that is the proper location at the time you file.

Edited by Otto und Karin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.