hbk8941

i have a good plan that wont interfer

10 posts in this topic

i was talking wth a laywer she said theres a good chance they allow co sponsors or this is what i been thinking i can save money by getting a second job so my assets plus my income make the requirement so having a second job can help me alot

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
i was talking wth a laywer she said theres a good chance they allow co sponsors or this is what i been thinking i can save money by getting a second job so my assets plus my income make the requirement so having a second job can help me alot

Your lawyer is wrong with respect to Manila. For other consulates, yes but not Manila. There's a chance but not a "good" chance. Best to get a job.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Ok HBK...

Let's approach it like this.

If your income doesn't meet the 125% standard then: what assets do you have? Do you own real estate, bonds, 401K, life insurance with a surrender value? What assets exactly do you possess?

As I said in your earlier post, if you are going to change jobs - do it now so you will have sustained proovable income to present to the consulate.

How much was your income for 2009? If it wasn't over $18,800 you do not meet the criteria for prooving able to support your fiancee and insuring to the US Government that your fiancee won't become a public charge. In plain verbage - your petition will be denied by the comsulate without sufficient income.

Read the posts in the PI threads. It is unusual for a Consulate in the PI to accept a co-sponsor for income requirements for a K-1 visa. I have told you this, also a SENIOR member has told you this. It makes no difference how many threads you start, the outcome will be the same. No offense to the lawyer you've been conversing with, but read the threads here regarding PI and you'll encounter stories from real people who have been where you want to be and their dreams have been shattered by harsh realities.

Go ahead and file your I-129F - it's $455 payable to the US Department of Homeland Security. It will be an inexpensive lesson in terms of money but you will have wasted 6-9 months of your time as well as dashing the hopes of your girlfriend/fiancee (whom you've only met once).

You've posted no less than 10 questions and it's apparent that you don't like the reality of the answers, so forget about the advice we've given to you and I personally wish you the best of luck in your petition.

If you want good solid advice, here it is... Get a different job that provides you with the income to qualify for a K-1 Visa. Wait 1 year to file your petition, get it approved and marry your fiancee. OR - do it your way...

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not from what we hear for Manilla, no. Very small chance for a K-1 to use a co-sponsor. a second job may be all you need, you do not need assets if your income is enough.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Ok HBK...

Let's approach it like this.

If your income doesn't meet the 125% standard then: what assets do you have? Do you own real estate, bonds, 401K, life insurance with a surrender value? What assets exactly do you possess?

As I said in your earlier post, if you are going to change jobs - do it now so you will have sustained proovable income to present to the consulate.

How much was your income for 2009? If it wasn't over $18,800 you do not meet the criteria for prooving able to support your fiancee and insuring to the US Government that your fiancee won't become a public charge. In plain verbage - your petition will be denied by the comsulate without sufficient income.

Read the posts in the PI threads. It is unusual for a Consulate in the PI to accept a co-sponsor for income requirements for a K-1 visa. I have told you this, also a SENIOR member has told you this. It makes no difference how many threads you start, the outcome will be the same. No offense to the lawyer you've been conversing with, but read the threads here regarding PI and you'll encounter stories from real people who have been where you want to be and their dreams have been shattered by harsh realities.

Go ahead and file your I-129F - it's $455 payable to the US Department of Homeland Security. It will be an inexpensive lesson in terms of money but you will have wasted 6-9 months of your time as well as dashing the hopes of your girlfriend/fiancee (whom you've only met once).

You've posted no less than 10 questions and it's apparent that you don't like the reality of the answers, so forget about the advice we've given to you and I personally wish you the best of luck in your petition.

If you want good solid advice, here it is... Get a different job that provides you with the income to qualify for a K-1 Visa. Wait 1 year to file your petition, get it approved and marry your fiancee. OR - do it your way...

Alan

very good advice Alan. With one exception. He does not have to wait one year. get a good job and file. If it were anywhere bu PI or Thailand, I would say "file and get a job" with the option as a co-sponsor in your packet. I would also say..."Get a lawyer that knows about what they speak and RUN from this one"

Another option is to marry the girl in the PIs then to file for a CR-1. The Affidavot for the CR-1 is handled by the NVC on the form I-864 which does allow joint sponsors and the consulate in manilla has nothing to say about it.

But you are corredct in that no amount of asking wuestions in different ways will change the outcome. It is not so difficult to make the minimum amount required...get out there and do it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country:
Timeline

The co-sponsor pattern at Manila Embassy seems to be its okay if you're a college student (or recent grad) who has a high probability of having good income in the near future.

If you just some dude barely scraping by and have to prospects for getting a better paying job then needing a co-sponsor will be the killer for your Visa.

If you really must use a co-sponsor in Manila then marry her there and file for Spouse Visa (CR/IR-1). This will shift the Affidavit of Support from the Embassy to the NVC. If the NVC accepts your Co-sponsor then the Embassy can't deny based on it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

HBK,

Excellent advice has just been given to you by Gary and Alla and Bob 4 Anna...

Marrying your fiancee in PI and filing for CR-1 will be a better way to go because a co-sponsor will be considered and approved at the NVC level, not at the Consulate level - you stand a much better chance of being approved that way.

Keep in mind that you'll need to visit the PI again and the wait period in the PI to get married is 10 days (PLEASE read the PI threads HBK). You'll also need to prove bonafied marriage to the Consulate, but your odds are better this route than trying for the K-1.

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
The co-sponsor pattern at Manila Embassy seems to be its okay if you're a college student (or recent grad) who has a high probability of having good income in the near future.

If you just some dude barely scraping by and have to prospects for getting a better paying job then needing a co-sponsor will be the killer for your Visa.

If you really must use a co-sponsor in Manila then marry her there and file for Spouse Visa (CR/IR-1). This will shift the Affidavit of Support from the Embassy to the NVC. If the NVC accepts your Co-sponsor then the Embassy can't deny based on it.

The bold above is incorrect. It's true that the Consular officer must accept a joint sponsor in a CR1 case but the final decision for the public charge concern is always with the Consulate, never with NVC unless NVC says no first.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If your fiancee was from Europe, your plan would work out fine. But she is not. The Manila embassy is very strict, and they do NOT like co-sponsors. Sometimes, you can get lucky and they will accept a co-sponsor for a K1 IF it is a close relative, but usually, they deny any petition based on co-sponsors. Have a look at the regional forum for the Philipines and read some of the stories. This is not an easy embassy to get approved through.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Marrying your fiancee in PI and filing for CR-1 will be a better way to go because a co-sponsor will be considered and approved at the NVC level, not at the Consulate level - you stand a much better chance of being approved that way.

Wow - something new? Did something change on the I-130 process and the I-864 ??

NVC never 'approves' of data submitted on an I-864 - they do check for completeness on the form itself, but don't give a toss about the dollar values showing up on the supporting documents.

The Consular Official EVALUATES the I-864 and makes the determination at the Embassy/Consulate. The evaluation/approval on I-864 data is NEVER approved at the NVC level. Inclusion of a co-sponser is also EVALUATED at the Embassy/Consulate - NEVER EVALUATED at the NVC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.