Sockmonkey

Is there such a thing as Too Much Information?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Kind member Morocco4ever just mentioned in another thread that there are certain "red flags" that might complicate the process, including meeting the SO on the internet or if "sponsor knows family of applicant".

Hmmm. Well, I did meet my husband on the internet. But to help prove it's the real deal, we have letters from both families detailing our meeting(s), photos of us with each other's families, and proof that we got married in my parents' home. We also have correspondence between he and my mother, and me and his mother and sister-in-law.

And jeez ... "sponsor knows family of applicant" ? I would hope they would want me to know his family if I legitimately married the guy! ;)

Are you better off if you include more information/documents than they need, or does it bog down your file and slow the processing? I would be more likely to give them too much information than not enough, but I am curious to know when that works for me and when it works against.

For CR-1 Process:

CIS

08.17.06 - I-130 mailed to TSC

08.29.06 - NOA-1 generated

09.04.06 - NOA-1 received in the mail from CSC

09.11.06 - *Touch*

09.15.06 - *Touch*

11.01.06 - APPROVED!! [76 days]

NVC

11.20.06 - Case number assigned

11.21.06 - E-mailed Choice of Agent and mailed AOS Bill using James' Shortcuts

11.28.06 - Choice of Agent in NVC system

12.04.06 - IV Bill and I-864 Packet generated

12.06.06 - I-864 mailed using James' Shortcuts

12.12.06 - IV Bill rec'd via USPS and payment sent back to NVC same day

12.21.06 - I-864 in NVC system

12.26.06 - DS-230 generated

12.29.06 - DS-230 mailed using James' Shortcuts

01.08.07 - All paperwork in NVC system.

02.07.07 - Case complete [80 days]. NVC reports our file has left for London

*** Saved total of 29 days using James' Shortcuts***

London Embassy

03.06.07 - Packet arrives with interview date & instructions

04.03.07 - Medical in London - went smoothly

04.12.07 - 10.30 AM Interview at London Embassy - in and out in half an hour!

04.13.07 - Visa arrives at Hubby's home in York, 1.30 PM. WOW!

04.29.07 - Husband arrives in US via Newark. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Before you get bogged down in details, you need to look at the big picture and decide which visa you want, and when you can submit your petition. That would be once he returns to the U.K.

If you go for K3, there's a new form that asks if you met through a marriage broker. Many Web sites that charge fees to meet people fall under this category.

You need to fill out the forms precisely and provide the documentation they require, nothing more, nothing less. If you don't have your ducks in a row exactly the way they want them, you might get an RFE (Request for Evidence) that will slow you down.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

welcome back jersey girl lol

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The fact that you met on the internet is totally a "non issue". The day of my K-1 Visa interview, every single couple that was there for their interviews had met on the internet. It is so common these days, especially at Immigration, that they don't even question it.

As far as the sponsor is concerned, of course you would know the person. What stranger would sponsor an immigrant? Don't worry at all as about it as long as your sponsor meets the poverty guidelines.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Kind member Morocco4ever just mentioned in another thread that there are certain "red flags" that might complicate the process, including meeting the SO on the internet or if "sponsor knows family of applicant".

Hmmm. Well, I did meet my husband on the internet. But to help prove it's the real deal, we have letters from both families detailing our meeting(s), photos of us with each other's families, and proof that we got married in my parents' home. We also have correspondence between he and my mother, and me and his mother and sister-in-law.

And jeez ... "sponsor knows family of applicant" ? I would hope they would want me to know his family if I legitimately married the guy! ;)

Are you better off if you include more information/documents than they need, or does it bog down your file and slow the processing? I would be more likely to give them too much information than not enough, but I am curious to know when that works for me and when it works against.

Don't worry you are processing through the UK and it's not a high fraud country I believe. The main thing she was trying to speak about is in high fraud countries like Morocco where her case was processed. In those cases they pay very close attention to those types of red flags and more. And the CO (Consular Officer) doesn't always let you show your evidence. But my advice on that to everyone is when they ask your fiancee/husbands how did you meet, how did you communicate, how did... pull out any relating evidence such as e-mails/letters/cards/photos/tickets and etc. To make this easy get some binders and have everything organized and have your fiancee/spouse know where it is so they can grab it and present in mega seconds. If you have a CO that is controlling, they are less likely to refuse evidence when they are asking a question and this is a form of answering the question. Some CO will not let you give evidence after they have covered these questions, they must think you had your chance and they don't have to come right out and say I want to see this or that kind of evidence. Hope I have made sense and have been of some help. But if I was you I wouldn't worry too much since you are processing through the UK. Just do your research and know the process and you should be fine.

I wish you the best of luck,

Paula

Filed: Other Timeline

read the instructions for both the I-130 and the I-129F for K3 petioners/applicants. There is No need to send "proof of relationship" with the petition packages. The only "proof of relationship" needed for the petition for a spouse visa is the marriage certificate. Any other proof is only required at the beneficiary's interview much later. Don't confuse the instructions for the fiance visa with the spouse visa.

At the interview they may ask for photographs, passport stamps, travel receipts, etc etc etc...find out from others who have interviewed at the same consulate what they needed and were asked for at their interviews.

Meeting on the internet is no longer a "red flag" to most adjudicators. It happens more often than not these days. However, if either you or your spouse have never met each other's families, this could be a red flag. If you've only met each other once or twice before you got married, this could be a red flag, but not always, it depends on the culture.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

JenM,

Information that does not address the issues at hand, and that contains information not asked for and detrimental to the case, is too much information and may work against you.

The type of information that you mention in your post can be good and valuable information, but I do not know the detailed contents of the letters. Review them from a 3rd-person point of view, as if they were for someone else's case who you know nothing about. If you find anything in a letter that could be taken as a negative by an uninformed 3rd party then you should consider not using that letter.

Yodrak

And jeez ... "sponsor knows family of applicant" ? I would hope they would want me to know his family if I legitimately married the guy!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I too wonder if it is possible to give too much information. When my wife had her interview at the US Embassy in Lima, I sent her many documents to bring and a letter from myself explaining how we met, fell in love, and got married in Peru. The reward for all of this information was her being denied the visa with instructions that I needed to fly to Peru to be at the interview. Once I attended the interview with my wife the visa was approved. So the information did not help. And I have to wonder if it made it worse?

Our first child, Henry III was born on August 29, 2009!

Thank You Jesus!

MARRIED IN LIMA, PERU 02/21/2004

I-130 TIMELINE

I-130 Receipt Date 03/15/2004

I-130 Approved 11/26/2004

I-129F TIMELINE

I-129F Receipt Date 04/09/2004

I-129F Approval 10/08/2004

NVC TIMELINE

I-129F Received By NVC 10/13/2004

Case Number Assigned 10/14/2004

Case Forwarded To US Embassy In Lima, Peru 10/20/2004, E-mail Notification 10/20/2004

Case Forwarded To US Embassy In Lima, Peru 10/20/2004, Postal Mail Notification, 10/23/2004

US EMBASSY, LIMA, PERU

I-129F Received by Embassy 10/26/2004

Interview Date 11/23/2004, Visa denied, Pink paper issued requesting husband's presence at interview.

Went to Peru, 11/25/2004

Visa approved by Embassy, 11/26/2004

Picked up Visa at Embassy, 11/29/2004

ARRIVED IN MIAMI, FLORIDA, USA

12/03/2004 Thank God!

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS PERMANENT RESIDENT

Approved 07/27/2006, Orlando, Florida

Thank God!

US CITIZENSHIP, NATURALIZATION

N-400 Received 06/03/2009

Fingerprint Notification 06/11/2009

Yellow Letter 07/29/2009

Interview Letter Received 08/15/2009

Interview Scheduled For 09/21/2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
read the instructions for both the I-130 and the I-129F for K3 petioners/applicants. There is No need to send "proof of relationship" with the petition packages. The only "proof of relationship" needed for the petition for a spouse visa is the marriage certificate. Any other proof is only required at the beneficiary's interview much later. Don't confuse the instructions for the fiance visa with the spouse visa.

At the interview they may ask for photographs, passport stamps, travel receipts, etc etc etc...find out from others who have interviewed at the same consulate what they needed and were asked for at their interviews.

Meeting on the internet is no longer a "red flag" to most adjudicators. It happens more often than not these days. However, if either you or your spouse have never met each other's families, this could be a red flag. If you've only met each other once or twice before you got married, this could be a red flag, but not always, it depends on the culture.

A-ha! This is very helpful stuff. Okay, so we don't need "proof of relationship" until the interview. Great! We have at least two visits before then, and on one of them I will be staying first with his parents, and then with his brother and sister-in-law. So that's more mingle/photo time with his family, and we've got lots of wedding photos to show we were married at my parents' house in the presence of my family. There's been lots of correspondence between each of us and the other's family as well. No sweat.

And thank God I just compulsively keep receipts ... .

For CR-1 Process:

CIS

08.17.06 - I-130 mailed to TSC

08.29.06 - NOA-1 generated

09.04.06 - NOA-1 received in the mail from CSC

09.11.06 - *Touch*

09.15.06 - *Touch*

11.01.06 - APPROVED!! [76 days]

NVC

11.20.06 - Case number assigned

11.21.06 - E-mailed Choice of Agent and mailed AOS Bill using James' Shortcuts

11.28.06 - Choice of Agent in NVC system

12.04.06 - IV Bill and I-864 Packet generated

12.06.06 - I-864 mailed using James' Shortcuts

12.12.06 - IV Bill rec'd via USPS and payment sent back to NVC same day

12.21.06 - I-864 in NVC system

12.26.06 - DS-230 generated

12.29.06 - DS-230 mailed using James' Shortcuts

01.08.07 - All paperwork in NVC system.

02.07.07 - Case complete [80 days]. NVC reports our file has left for London

*** Saved total of 29 days using James' Shortcuts***

London Embassy

03.06.07 - Packet arrives with interview date & instructions

04.03.07 - Medical in London - went smoothly

04.12.07 - 10.30 AM Interview at London Embassy - in and out in half an hour!

04.13.07 - Visa arrives at Hubby's home in York, 1.30 PM. WOW!

04.29.07 - Husband arrives in US via Newark. :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
welcome back jersey girl lol

Hey got a question for you.

It looks like your I-130 will be approved before your I-129f, is that true, and if so what will you do and how do you complete the I-130? From your time line where are you in getting the final approval

thanks,

Rob

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
The fact that you met on the internet is totally a "non issue". The day of my K-1 Visa interview, every single couple that was there for their interviews had met on the internet. It is so common these days, especially at Immigration, that they don't even question it.

I have to disaggree with this statement. I think how you met is always an issue! Otherwise why is it a question on the forms--why is there now a US Law (IMBRA) specifically written about relationship visas originated over the Internet, and why is it that every single recap of a visa interview has the same exact question asked of everyone regardless of country or visa type: K-1, K-3, CR-1 etc. "How did you meet?" Furthermore when we stated that we met on the Internet--then the question was which website? Who messaged who first, and what was it chatroom, IM, or message board type communication. So to just say that its a non issue and that they don't even question it is not really a correct statement. Is it more customary now for couples to meet over the Internet yes it is! But is this form of meeting accepted without any judgements or questioning--no. So be prepared with your story and support. Photos and exit and entry stamps in your passport go a long way to proof the validity of the relationship, even in cases where you are already married. So just showing the marriage certificate is not sufficient either. You need to show the correspondence and visitation etc.

Edited by Artegal

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

I think the main issue with any couples who have met on the internet are for couples who have met through a dating or mariage broker website specifically, not for those who met say on a gaming site, or something like movie fan forums. That is the question now on the I-129F forms, "did you meet through a marriage broker". Not, "did you meet on the internet".

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.