Henia

Seasonal Muslims? Who are you kinding?

64 posts in this topic

I, for one, am NOT taking my opinions elsewhere. My opinions have been here for almost 3 years, I have tough skin and staying here.

Jackie

eflesley150.jpg

oil of olay is GREAT for tough skin, jackie!!! :P:lol: my grandmother swears by it!! :thumbs::luv:

*runs to hide*

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I, for one, am NOT taking my opinions elsewhere. My opinions have been here for almost 3 years, I have tough skin and staying here.

Jackie

eflesley150.jpg

oil of olay is GREAT for tough skin, jackie!!! :P:lol: my grandmother swears by it!! :thumbs::luv:

*runs to hide*

hahaha I hope you have a good hiding place.

oil of olay is GREAT for tough skin, jackie!!! my grandmother swears by it!!

*runs to hide*

Run, Run, Run. :lol:

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I agree with Salwa. Religion should be a personal thing. You shouldn't wear your religion on a sleeve, or ever judge someone according to your religious beliefs. If you find yourself saying "S/he's not a good muslim, look at what s/he's doing!", that's what I'm talking about. Cause then you can start judging people who aren't muslim, and then we end up with all sorts of problems.

Religion is a personal matter. Judge someone by their actions, not by any religious standards. Thank you, shukran, merci!

I am not muslim... and neither is Jamal. But, even if he WERE muslim... that would not be a reason for me to change my faith, my belief... my relationship with God is PERSONAL... and does not have naught to do with anyone else... OTHER THAN for me to live my life as an example of Christ's work. With that said, I agree partially with rclouse... religions IS personal... but, I DO wear my religion on my sleeve... more than that, actually... it is part of my make-up as a human being... it isn't a blouse that I can take on or off as the mood strikes me, or when it becomes too dirty...

I have studied many religions because I like to LEARN about different cultures, beliefs, etc... there are a couple of CONSTANT equations that I have found to be relevant in my studies... that is tolerance, compassion, and a general love for fellow man (this includes respect for differing views... IMHO)...

I don't try to persuade one person from one faith/non-faith to my own... I feel the best thing to do is to live my life as an example...

For those of you who know me, I do not shy away from speaking my mind... professing my faith... but I try to NOT be over-bearing, etc... I can understand both sides of the coin... for those of us who are of different faiths... and for those who are not yet on that journey... but, I admire how the ladies that I have become friends with...we have done so BESIDES the fact that our faiths differ... and we can talk together WITHOUT demeaning and/or attacking each other for those differences...

Just my .02 cents worth...

My sincerest wishes and prayers for us all!

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Timeline

I feel the same way, Sarah. I used to be way more religious but things have happened in my life that have changed me and the way I practice my religion. I reverted to Islam LONG before I met my husband...I would never choose a religion simply because I love a man who is of that faith.

That's just my opinion. I used to be religious and I am not anymore but I always felt that it is a very personal matter and decision.

Take care,

Sarah

*tiptoes back* seeeeeee! she never found me! :P

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

any time I try to put my 2 cents worth in..I just get bashed.... I do think there is a way to discuss things with a realization that ppl are going to feel differently than others and that's ok.. I have had many discussions with friends (many from VJ) and we can talk about ANYTHING, have DIFFERENCES, but still remain CIVIL to each other. I know there may be some ppl who can't do that and...that's ok.. we're all built differently..

By the way..thanks for the talk the other night ;) you know who you are ;) !! :thumbs:

Also, I like to hear everybodies opinions on all things, be it religion, cooking, or what kind of shoes to wear. I just wish it could be kept at a civil level :luv:

:blink: I wonder how much I'm bashed for this one :blink:

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
any time I try to put my 2 cents worth in..I just get bashed.... I do think there is a way to discuss things with a realization that ppl are going to feel differently than others and that's ok.. I have had many discussions with friends (many from VJ) and we can talk about ANYTHING, have DIFFERENCES, but still remain CIVIL to each other. I know there may be some ppl who can't do that and...that's ok.. we're all built differently..

By the way..thanks for the talk the other night ;) you know who you are ;) !! :thumbs:

Also, I like to hear everybodies opinions on all things, be it religion, cooking, or what kind of shoes to wear. I just wish it could be kept at a civil level :luv:

(F) amal (F)

(F)(L):star::luv:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

(F) amal (F)

no bashing from me :luv:(F)(L)(L)(F):luv:

i think that life is hard enough... especially for us women... it IS still a man's world in many, many ways... and I had always thought before that women were more quick to listen, empathize, etc... sometimes, it would seem not so anymore...

i think that each of you ladies are absolutely fabulous in your own way... the diverse opinions, ideas, beliefs, etc... that's all part of what makes you so wonderful...

i agree with amal when she said

"Also, I like to hear everybodies opinions on all things, be it religion, cooking, or what kind of shoes to wear. I just wish it could be kept at a civil level :luv: "

Best wishes to everyone...

Lynne

Edited by Dixie_Peach

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

*gets an automatic pea shooter*....watch out ladies!!!

I'll be sure to cook the peas first so they splat real good when they hit!! hehehe

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Totally off topic, but it has me thinking. What's the difference between "seasonal muslims" and "seasonal christians?" Or has someone already touched on this? (I don't have time to read the whole thread at the moment. :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.